My E-smoking Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyJames

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
I am 42 Days with no analogs so far!

Intro

My name is Jeremy, I am 26 years old and from Michigan. I have smoked a minimum of a pack a day since the age of twelve, most of my life smoking from 1.5 to 2 packs per day of full flavor (Camels, Marlboro Red "red", Basic "red", Marlboro Mediums, Home Rolled, and even for two years menthol Marlboro Milds), toward the end my habit was beyond ridiculous I had skyrocketed up to 3 packs a day of "buy two get one Camel full flavors" and this was costing me a fortune and of course whenever I stopped to get me three packs each day I would also purchase some additional snacks or drinks which lead this to be a 25$ a day habit! My breathing had become very poor especially since my 30 day battle with pneomia a year prior. I got my first ecig 42 days ago and I quit analogs right away, it wasn’t easy and it is still a challenge to this day but here I am and this is my story and my experiences with various products out there on the "ECIG" market. I also want to mention that my mother is doing this with me, she has smoked for 40 years and has also quit with ECIGs and I am sharing my supplies with her so keep in mind that all this stuff is for 2 people if it sounds like I am going thru a ton of juice or something, heh, she started on day 9.

Day 1-9

My first E-cig, the dse901B mini starter kit which included 3 fully working e-cigs. I don’t think my review of this product is going to be very fair because me being new to ECIGS coupled with the fact that these were my first days off analogs I abused the living crap out of these and did not yet fully understand how to operate and maintain these devices yet.

I was so intent on quitting that even though these products rarely provided me satisfaction I just kept on going. In the first few days a caved and smoked a cigarette once but soon after I made a promise to myself that I would never have another analog again and I gave up all my cigarettes to my roommates.

At day 7 I became convinced that I was not getting the amount of nicotine that I was used to so I ordered some 36MG, some penstyles, along with usb passthrus, and also decided to purchase some Nicotine lozenges to aid me, the thought was that I would pop one when I was getting a bad craving and my ecig wasn’t cutting it. I only had one DSE901B remaining at this point because I abused the living crap out of them and at this point they where all dead mostly due to me flooding them and overheating them constantly. I now realize a major contributing factor to me abusing these devices and what I thought was a feeling of not getting enough nicotine was the fact that the batteries only really worked good for first 15 minutes or so and after that I was barelly getting a hit and this was causing me to do things like overheat my atomizer and overfill/flood it desperately trying to get that NIC hit.

At day 8 my last DSE901B went dead due to me again, not knowing what the hell I am doing, so this was my day I bared through on only lozenges, It was not so bad because the previous day I had to go 8 hours stranded at work with no battery. At the end of this day I found my order of Penstyles, 36MG juice, and passthrus waiting for me.....

Day 9-23

My usb passtru and penstyle are heaven to me, I remember on this day I said 'I feel like i am smoking again' I felt great all day and the next week went pretty smooth, I gave my lozenges away and stopped using them because I was actually getting full satisfaction from my new ecig, each day seemed to be getting easier and easier, I stopped becoming so preoccupied with my quitting smoking and got back to doing the normal stuff I enjoy doing. The usb passthru solved my issues only enjoying the first hits from a fresh battery and the penstyle produced much more vapor. After this week was over I went ahead and placed a big order, I wasn’t going to get stuck in the dark again with no ECIG, I ordered 5 passthrus and 5 more atomizers for my penstyle and a bunch more ecig juice including Cash Menthol which would soon become my staple, nothing has compared to this flavor for me it seemed to provide the most satisfaction and authentic feel to actually smoking. I was breathing so much better and full of energy now, I didnt smell bad and my house is so much cleaner.

It was not until around day 23 that I realized I was getting much more nicotine then I did when I was actually smoking, I had become more of a nicotine addict then before, I could not even go 5 minutes without pulling my ecig out of my pocket and sneaking a quick vape, which btw I could do anywhere at anytime because nobody even says anything if you cover the light and hold it no vapor will even exhale. At this point I decided that I was done with the 36MG and I would be stepping down ASAP, so I ordered some 24MG liquid and also some 16MG Liquid

Day 23-42

Well I was really worried that it was going to be hard to step down my nicotine levels but it was really easy. Especially the way I paced it, I am finishing off my 16MG Liquid now and I got 60ML of 11MG and 60ML of 8MG on the way (8MG is Totally Wicked Menthol, 11 is RY4 from ruyan direct). I was very surprised I cant even really tell the difference when vaping one vs the other. The major difference I have noticed is I have already become much less dependant on nicotine. I can go 4-5 hours without really wanting any fairly easily now and the cravings are far less amplified and easy to put off, I feel like I would be fine going all day without any as long as it was a busy day. I’m anxious to get down to 0 but I think its best for me to do it this way as it will be much easier.

Along with my 8MG and 11MG juice I ordered a RUYAN E-CIGAR (aka Bling), 25 carts for the e-cigar, 50 carts for my Penstyle 801s (prefilled with 11MG), and 4 more penstyle atomizers. I just want to mention that among the 5 atomizers and passthrus I purchased on day 9 they are all still working as if they are new. I have been rotating them and cleaning via just simply letting them drain for days at a time.

Some brief reviews on products I have tried this far:

E-Juice

Cash True Menthol - This is my favorite flavor, me and my mother both agree, for some reason we absolutely need this to be satisfied, we cant figure out why.....we love the other flavors but when we try to smoke them exclusively we dont get complete satisfaction (and neither us where mentol smokers before)...so what we do is we will put a drop of cash menthol into our other flavors or vice versa so that we are satisfied, anyone else experience this? with other flavors maybe?

Johnson Creek Tenesee Cured - Not sure If we just got a bad batch or something but this tasted horribly salty and disgusting, hard to bare...

Johnson Creek Wild Strawberry - Good Flavor, taste very good but its a bit on the subtle side. Nice strawberry aroma and taste.

Cash Cola - Pretty good slight cola after taste, Throat hit is a bit weak but overall pretty good juice, not something I am going to buy again however.

Cash Pina Coloda - I love this! This taste just like pina coloda's! Absolutely delecious, but again weak throat hit. This is nice to flavor something with a strong throat hit though.

Cash Coffee - Not much flavor at all, never could taste coffee

Cash Risky Yuice - Not to bad, Very weird flavor and odly this causes me to gag sometimes, not going to buy this one again :\

Johnson Creek Artic Mint - Great Menthol flavor but again not doing it for throat hit for me, I mixed it with cash menthol so it last longer.

Johnson Creek Cherry - This is very pleasent cherry flavored liquid, quite bold in flavor but again no throat hit, I love mixing this stuff with the liquids that give a throat hit though, its really good!

Jonson Creek - Chocolate Mint - Great Flavor, Mint with a hint of chocolate, again weak throat hit so I mix it with a few drops of Cash menthol.

Well I am not going to go on and list my opinions on the other johnson creek flavors because they are pretty much the same as the Choclate mint review above, they are great flavors but something about it just doesnt satisfy me.

Last edited:

winston8256

Mar 9, 2009
Florida
I am 16 days off of analogs, and am finding it very easy. I had been a two pack a day Winston Light 100 smoker for the last 15 years. After reviewing this forum, I purchased the black pen style starter and also bought 4 replacement atomizers and 2 extra batteries so I would never be stuck. I switch out atomizers frequently during the day and store them in such a way that they can drain.

I also purchased several e-liquids and I like the medium strawberry the best so far. I mix it with some tobacco flavored and it is really nice.

I can't believe how much better my chest is feeling. Prior to quitting analogs, a chest cold had hung on to me for about a month. Within a day of quitting the cold was gone. Quite amazing.

My sense of smell is back and I can't express how glad I am to be off analogs. I have tried to quit several times in the past, I even had my doctor put me on Chantix, but I always caved and went back to smoking.

Anyway, before this becomes to long, I just want to say how much I appreciate this forum, and all the posters who have helped bring me up to speed.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Well I suppose I'll add my 2 drops. I've smoked about a pack a day of Salem light menthols. Somedays I smoked more or some less, depending on what was gong on, but basically a pack a day smoker. Have been for about 20 years, which amazes me that I've been doing it that long. I have wanted to quit so bad for a few years now, but just didn't have the will power nor could think of what would work for ME. I tried some of the drugs and they made me phsyically ill. Zyban made me just in a rage and I wanted to hit someone. Chantix made me sick to my stomach. The gum just isn't enough to keep me away. Today is day 6 on these and I have not touched ONE analog since I started. Yes, it's hard sometimes, and I do hope that goes away as time goes on, but at least these things keep me OFF the tobacco, which HAS to be worse for you than these things. I'm only on the 11 mg and I do even cut that down. I am not vaping 2 ml a day so I know I am getting LESS nicotine than I was. I will stay on this for a while and then move down to 8 and cut that and try to move down to even less. I feel SO much better and have much more energy. Those analogs made me tired a lot. Must be all the chemicals they put in them.

nikky

Mar 5, 2009
Romania
For me this e-cig is like a gift from above. I still can't believe I stopped smoking so fast.
I thought of quitting a lot in the past few months, because we want to have a baby and I didn't want to smoke during my pregnancy. Also, in the past year, I noticed I was more and more bothered by the smoke. My chest felt strange and I was losing energy. But I liked smoking! And that was the bad part. How to keep the habit but get back your health?
And then came the day when I found out about the e-cig. I will always remember how I smoked my last normal cigarette, got behind the wheel and drove 80 miles to my home town, got home and went straight for the e-cig package. Took it out, assembled it and ... every vaper knows the story from here on.

To those trying to quit analogs - fingers crossed for you!

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I am 16 days off of analogs, and am finding it very easy. I had been a two pack a day Winston Light 100 smoker for the last 15 years. After reviewing this forum, I purchased the black pen style starter and also bought 4 replacement atomizers and 2 extra batteries so I would never be stuck. I switch out atomizers frequently during the day and store them in such a way that they can drain.

I also purchased several e-liquids and I like the medium strawberry the best so far. I mix it with some tobacco flavored and it is really nice.

I can't believe how much better my chest is feeling. Prior to quitting analogs, a chest cold had hung on to me for about a month. Within a day of quitting the cold was gone. Quite amazing.

My sense of smell is back and I can't express how glad I am to be off analogs. I have tried to quit several times in the past, I even had my doctor put me on Chantix, but I always caved and went back to smoking.

Anyway, before this becomes to long, I just want to say how much I appreciate this forum, and all the posters who have helped bring me up to speed.

This is ditto for me except two packs for 50 years and now am analog free for 75 days. Sat. my last atomizor quit and I was able to hold off analogs until the new ones arrived Tue. using nicotine lozenge and dry smoking the ecig. After two days the first vapes went right to my head. Now I need to reduce the vaping and the nicotine as I have used 24mg since the beginning.:)

I hope I have a story to share soon. I've been smoking a pack a day for almost 15 years now, and it's not doing me any favors. I tried to quit cold turkey about a week ago and have tried to quit MANY times before. I've tried the gum. The patch. I even tried carrot sticks!

I'm not sure how I ran across e-cigarettes initially, but in the last week I think I've read this entire forum (or at least most of it). Two days ago, my first e-cig purchase ever shipped from Hong Kong and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival. In hindsight, I should have paid the $20 extra for the faster shipping; I figured at the time it would stand a better chance just coming through the regular mail.

Wish me luck, I guess. :| I'm a little nervous (after all, I've never just straight up inhaled PG before), but I can definitely concede that I actually enjoy the act of smoking...just not all the other stuff that goes along with it. I suppose it's a psychological addiction more than anything - the ritual as opposed to the physical addiction. Given that, I would say that as long as the cat piss flavored carts stay out of my order, I think I'll be just fine. :p

Mark_T

Jan 29, 2009
Teesside, UK
Similar story here. Was a slave to analogs for 2 decades at 30 smokes a day. It was the only thing in my life i felt i couldnt control, just couldnt get a handle on it, i HAD to smoke.
I luckily came across ecigs online on a chat forum i frequent, quickly ordered one, and it arrived Jan 27th 2009. (DSE901 x 2). I havent smoked an analog since. Now on day 65. I miss smoking, its not been easy but EASIER than i thought it ever would be. My wife tried to give up too but suffered some nasty side effects - very sore throat etc, so has continued smoking in the house, it hasnt bothered me.

I honestly believe its a miracle cure. for me anyway!

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
I just ordered my first e-cig... an M-402 with a mixture of carts from 12mg - 0mg.

I'm a little concerned about the PG and vapor long term effects, so I hope to use this as an aid to stop smoking quickly. Also, I'm concerned about the possible lead in the battery or atomizer, being inhaled into my lungs.

I have a vocal cord polyp that gives me fits from smoking analogs, and I've just been diagnosed with squamous cell cancer (early) in my nose that will require surgery. That has been growing for several years due to an idiot GP stating it was nothing. He even stated that it was not cancer as early as year ago and to use vaseline to keep my nose lubricated. ....... :mad:

I do not want to risk my health further with the unknown risk factor of e-cigs, but by the same token, I am unable to quit. I am surrounded by smokers in house and socially and I don't want to become a pariah to them or be influenced by their smoking. It seems like the e-cigs are my only option.

I know only what I've read on the forums, so I'm not really sure what's up with long term effects. For that reason, it's short term use for me.

I went with the 402, because I don't want to inhale much vapor. I do have a couple quick questions:

with the 0 nictotine carts, will they dry out and burn up the atomizer? Is there a way to relubricate the atomizer with water or similiar to get the hand to mouth habit effect, rather than buying 0 nic carts, or is repurchasing carts a necessity to keep from burning up the atomizer?

Can I get the same effect by not taking the vapor into my lungs? If Nicorette gum gives nicotine to the bloodstream, then wouldn't the vapor do the same in my mouth?

Sorry for the non long term-vap'g questions! I applaud everyone that is able to quit on these things and hope to do the same.

I'm only in my 50's so cancer is a bit of a freakout at the moment. And my throat is always sore, so I don't want to compound the problem.

I got down to about 10 cigs a couple weeks ago with the intention of quitting without going cold turkey, but major stress (biopsy results, economy, etc) made me lite up worse, so will power isn't going to cut it.

Appreciate any comments and tips. Especially how to dry smoke this thing, if possible

Monie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
SNIP

with the 0 nictotine carts, will they dry out and burn up the atomizer? Is there a way to relubricate the atomizer with water or similiar to get the hand to mouth habit effect, rather than buying 0 nic carts, or is repurchasing carts a necessity to keep from burning up the atomizer?

SNIP

need_2quit - check out this section for the question above. You will need to keep some type of liquid in the carts, but you can find some details in the DIY section for the 0 nic liquid.

jamesdean

Moved On
Apr 15, 2009
  • Deleted by Oliver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread