Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
i just get a prepaid card, only load the amount i need, much easier then all the email traffic
That does work for some. It would take an hour of driving and $15 in gas for me to do that. unless you can just call and have money added that way. Mines all automatic and I have instant receipts on everything I buy. I just made a folder for my email account called PP and I can record everything. That helps in a lot of ways if your like me, and lose a receipt before you get to the car.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
you can add funds thru your bank account, or just stop at the store to or from work...but i guess to each his/her own

Dont get me wrong I am just trying to get the facts out so we all know. I never had a pre paid card and for people like me that are stay at home parents, and also work from home with the cost and time to drive some place to load a card to come back home to the computer to make orders, it just seems like the hard way. Maybe there is something im missing though. Can you call the bank and have them add the funds on the card or do you physically have to go and load it?

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
But it doesnt matter how you do it , only matters to stay in the safe side ; someone mentioned in one of these threads how some of these website look like they where done in 5 minutes lol and is true like is impossible feel comfortable/safe doing a transaction i have even seen some that dont even secure theres no where to see the "https" !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
But it doesnt matter how you do it , only matters to stay in the safe side ; someone mentioned in one of these threads how some of these website look like they where done in 5 minutes lol and is true like is impossible feel comfortable/safe doing a transaction i have even seen some that dont even secure theres no where to see the "https" !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay well thats one more thing people can do then. Its been a long time since I got my Pay Pal card but I remember that it was not very easy to get. Your rite about all of it. More then one way and even then it can still be done. I think it would be cheaper if you had pay pal and you got taken though cause some banks have fee's. Besides the HTTPS look for secure shopping logo's. If you feel like it, call the company and verify the vendor does use the product cause ive also had some say it was just a front to make people feel safe. Its a lot of work but the people stealing your information are working harder. Its what they do every day all day and its the price we pay for convenience.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
K pay pal service was just tested. Someone got my PP card number and took $120 out of my account. 3 transactions in 10 minutes. I caught it since pay pal sent me emails detailing the transactions. In less then an hour my account was updated and a new card is on the way. The transactions where not funded so they gained nothing and I lost nothing. I only have to wait for the new card that should be here early next week. I used my card to buy a VIVI Nova, and to pay for shipping on a ebay sale. Oddly the charges where all from the same place. A usps in WA. I live no where near WA.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
K pay pal service was just tested. Someone got my PP card number and took $120 out of my account. 3 transactions in 10 minutes. I caught it since pay pal sent me emails detailing the transactions. In less then an hour my account was updated and a new card is on the way. The transactions where not funded so they gained nothing and I lost nothing. I only have to wait for the new card that should be here early next week. I used my card to buy a VIVI Nova, and to pay for shipping on a ebay sale. Oddly the charges where all from the same place. A usps in WA. I live no where near WA.

Thanks for the update Striker. I started using my PP card for purchases after reading your posts. I really like their instant notices. I've been lucky. Sorry about your problems, but glad it all worked out. ;)

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Thanks for the update Striker. I started using my PP card for purchases after reading your posts. I really like their instant notices. I've been lucky. Sorry about your problems, but glad it all worked out. ;)
TY. Maybe its only right that since I made this write up, that I test my recommended source for funding in a real life cc fraud situation. Im happy. Only thing left to watch is the rest pending on my back up source. Should be fine though since nothing was funded. I think something has to be said for the easy resolution in less then an hour while I sit at the computer. Pretty much trouble free with no fee.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
TY. Maybe its only right that since I made this write up, that I test my recommended source for funding in a real life cc fraud situation. Im happy. Only thing left to watch is the rest pending on my back up source. Should be fine though since nothing was funded. I think something has to be said for the easy resolution in less then an hour while I sit at the computer. Pretty much trouble free with no fee.

This is one of the main attractions to me. You can handle it all online or if you prefer by phone. No waiting for and filling out the forms from the bank. The few times in my life I've had to dispute a charge, (even though it was temporarily reversed immediately), there were always forms I needed to complete before reversal was finalized. I hate forms... :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread