MVP 2.0 stopped working well, now is fine, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsqueaks

Mar 2, 2014
Bremerton
I've been vaping a couple of weeks, and my iTaste MVP 2.0 is working well. I currently have a kanger aerotank on it.

Today, it seemed to be having poor draws suddenly. I drove to the store while using it, then left and it seemed like it was restricted. I messed with the adjustable choke, to completely open it. That didn't remove the restriction. I pressed the drip tip down. That made no change. It wasn't producing as much vapor as usual, and it wasn't making the normal crackling noises that it does. Vapor normally it fills my windshield. So I was bummed for a while, got home, a few hours later tried to draw again, and it seems to be back to normal!

The atomizer is about 5 days old.

I don't know why this happened or what I should do in the future to fix it. I was going to replace the atomizer but since it's fine again I won't need to do that.

Any ideas? Maybe an air bubble that got stuck by a wick?

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Be careful that you don't accidentally switch from Variable voltage to Variable wattage....Holding the "P" button down for 3-5 seconds pulls up Wattage and doing the same with the "U" button pulls up Voltage. I usually run my aerotank between 4.4-4.8 volts. Remember that the MVP2 only runs in VV OR VW but not in both at the same time. Hope this helps-Dave

bigsqueaks

Mar 2, 2014
Bremerton
Be careful that you don't accidentally switch from Variable voltage to Variable wattage.... Remember that the MVP2 only runs in VV OR VW but not in both at the same time. Hope this helps-Dave

This could have happened. Though, when I was having problems I tried turning up wattage. I currently run VW, had been using voltage for a while since it seems to be more finely adjustable. Just trying VW for the sake of trying it. Running 9.0W which is 4.24V on my 2.0Ω tank.

Thanks!

bigsqueaks

Mar 2, 2014
Bremerton
At any time, did it feel warmer than usual? The MVP itself?....I've seen my vv 3.0 get extremely warm with certain atomizers...that had tight draw..

It didn't feel warmer than usual. I should have hooked up a voltage meter to check. I have a vv with a clearomizer as my backup. Very happy with it. I feel like the bigger wicks with a top coil might not be a bad thing either. When the tank gets empty it still has a lot of life left from juice in the wicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread