Music by our members

Status
Not open for further replies.

strkaholic

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Colorado
I've played around the east coast alot with a bunch of different bands/artists, and have done a fair amount of session work. Here's some of my solo acoustic stuff:
YouTube - Shoten No Jutsu - Joey I Should Have Known
(sorry, I dont know how to post the video. Lol)

Indie rock is my current favorite to make and a rather guilty pleasure if I must say so. Lol.
edit:eek:h cool... it automatically included the video :)

Absolutely INCREDIBLE!! I could listen to you play over and over. More please!!!

strkaholic

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Colorado
The band I am in now:
Fatal Karma
before that:
Mac and brandon go to death land on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

And my first venture:

We Black Sheep on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I also do spoken word performances from time to time but am afraid I have no recordings..

You have two new fans! I was playing The Key and two of my son's were instantly drawn in..LOL. My middle son comes home tomorrow and he will LOVE this.

strkaholic

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Colorado
I'm glad you guys like it. =]

There are a few more around youtube. I'm in the process of recording a 5-song EP that's all stuff like that... I had a string break last time I was recording :(

My channel there (Youtube) has a bunch of random music stuff I make (techno, indie, whatev) but whenever I make new stuff it usually goes up there first. I guess when I get the recordings done I'll put them on myspace or make a playlist somewhere and post a link if you guys are interested.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered that once I get these recordings finished, I'll have my music site up and running. So I'll just host it there and post a link once it's done. =]

Can't wait!

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
NICE Chops Jishk !! , cool finger tap work , lots of time working on that style , good work.

Cool cover Victor !!

Heres a bit of stuff from my alt/rock band Machine
Machine on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads check out Agony and Car Chase

We also have Rich Mouser mixing a new song "Feel Me "
Rich worked with Incubus , Oleander etc. great engineer It's a BIG file 8mb so !
01 Feel Me Mn mix.mp3

I am also in a cover band the Smokin' Anacondas we cover SRV Hendrix etc. no samples on that one But it is fun to play ! ( I had to work on the SRV quite a but )

I'm glad to see and meet the musicians here !! :toast::toast:

Last edited:

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I just spoke to my old friend Kevin Quinn today.
We had an all acoustic group called "Among the Living" back in the early '90s and made some recordings. It looks like we're going to do it again.

I dug up one of the songs and uploaded it to a free music hosting site so I could share it here. I guess you have to download it (free) to listen. I can't believe it was over 15 years ago....

This little dirge is titled Cry for Rain and was written and sung by Kevin.

If anybody is interested I can post some more.

Last edited:

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
A prelude. I set myself two criteria when I wrote this. The first was to use an ostinato in the bass. The second was to use no accidentals until the final cadence. I think that it turned out well considering I’m such a no-talent hack.
I should mention that all work was done entirely on an Alesis Fusion 8HD using multi-track, real-time recording.
Nice job, BoneIdle. The flute and woodwind sound amazingly realistic. A very pretty piece indeed...but too short!
Don't be so hard on yourself. We're all "hacks" on some level or other. Not much choice really. That's why it's called "art", I think. If we weren't hacks we'd simply be musical technicians.

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
Thats some good stuff right there.........very good......props to you!!

I've played around the east coast alot with a bunch of different bands/artists, and have done a fair amount of session work. Here's some of my solo acoustic stuff:
YouTube - Shoten No Jutsu - Joey I Should Have Known
(sorry, I dont know how to post the video. Lol)

Indie rock is my current favorite to make and a rather guilty pleasure if I must say so. Lol.
edit:eek:h cool... it automatically included the video :)

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
My band Powerline covering Metallica's Seek & Destroy. I'm on guitar and vocals. :2cool:

One of my favorite Metallica songs to play on guitar. You guys did a great cover!

Edit: Wow, everyone who's posted has some great stuff! Good job musicians of ECF!

Last edited:

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Wow...
This thread is tanking fast...and it shouldn't. The musicians here should support each other at the very least. Comedians do a better job at mirroring and validating each other.
There's not so many of us here.

Wanna laugh? Here's my drummer, Jimmy Volpe, stone-cold-sober being moved to song while on a break:

WARNING!!! Jimmy uses a "dirty" word here. If you have children nearby or any adults within earshot that might have an addiction to "outrage" please have them leave the room now before opening this absurd video link.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/becca1858#p/u/6/Iomt_QyZcNg"]YouTube - becca1858's Channel
[/URL]
Jimmy sorta redeems himself in the video. Same night, same camera.

YouTube - POL covering Whole Lotta Love

Last edited:

BoneIdle

May 10, 2010
NE Indiana
So many talented people...I'm awestruck, really.

You're right, Bassnut, but I think the reason for the tanking is the relative obscurity of the thread. Of course, most threads will eventually dry up,so I've taken the liberty of setting up a group here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/vaping-songwriters-composers-musicians.html

I looked through all 16 pages of social groups and surprisingly, found no similar groups.

I hope it's beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread