Multiple "right ways" to wick with Japanese cotton pads?

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
So I just watched 3 different videos. All three guys used Japanese cotton differently. I took all their methods and did my own. It seems to be working great as of right now so, no real problems with the way I just did it I guess. First I eyeballed and cut off a strip. Then I carefully peeled off both the outside layers. I was left with a big fluff, just like if I were to take a strip of cotton bacon out and fluff it into my coil, only this was "pre fluffed" it was just about perfect tension when I put it through the coil, not too tight not too loose. I didn't fan out the tails, I just clipped it to size, positioned it, primed it. So far works great. I can take a nice long draw and it insta-feeds more juice, giving me a nice big fat air bubble. I like this stuff.

So ok, the videos I watched though. I saw one guy only peel one side, another guy split it down the middle and took off a piece off one peeled side, another guy peeled it down the middle took one side and tightly rolled it up. Idk about them, but I think the way I did it makes more sense than all three lol. As long as it keeps a nice steady juice feed and doesn't burn up right? I suppose there's no right way to do it long as it works.

Users who are viewing this thread