Moving TO Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrain45

Aug 12, 2011
San Diego
Hey All,

Long time member but noob on the thread so basically I'm new to ECF and glad to be here. My reason for joining is to find out more info on the vaping regulations in Japan. I'm moving to Yokosuka before the end of this year and wondered if there were any problems about shipping unflavored pure nicotine to Japan. I do a lot of DIY e-juice because I find it saves me a lot more money. My concern is if I were to order pure nicotine that it would get confiscated by Japanese customs. I understand the vapors in Japan are able to get e-juice but without NIC. I love flavors but I also love my NIC and wouldn't be able to vape without it.
I'm also thinking that I will send a big supply of unflavored pure NIC with my household goods when they are sent to Japan. I'm wondering if that would be OK or will the Japanese Customs somehow detect it in my household goods and consider it an illegal substance. I just don't want to get into any problems with the Japanese government. I'm a civilian working for the US Navy and will be assigned there for 3 years.

Thanks for any help or advice you guys can give me.

Last edited:

amtseung

Sep 22, 2014
California
I honestly doubt they'd give you too much hassle, as long as its clearly labelled and explained for inspections, especially if you're under the Navy. From what I've heard from my friends in Japan, vaping is slowly gaining ground, as tobacco consumptions was always more of a taboo over there than it is stateside. I'm not in the services (God bless) but hell, I dragged my vape gear to vacation in Istanbul, where the security is super @n@l and conservative, and they didn't confiscate anything.

Good luck on the move to Japan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread