moving along to the lavatube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricGQ

Jun 12, 2012
Erie, PA
well, from my perusing of the ecf forum, it seems that i am following a well-worn path...

(1) ego-c 1000mah pass-thru stock tank system for a few days (leaks became too much)

(2) upgrade to vision ego clearo v2 lr (better but still leaks onto battery connector and inconsistent with different juices)

(3) ego twist (decided to skip this step and the $30 it would have set me back and go straight to step 4)

(4) lavatube (grabbed the standard-size chrome kit plus an extra 18650 battery for $68 thanks to the "vtube30" 30% code at apolloecigs)

now, while i'm waiting for my lavatube to arrive, i was wondering what set-up people like on their units? i will drip with the 510 atty and tip that come with the kit at first but i know that my next step will be some kind of clearo/carto/tank type set-up because of the convenience vs. dripping. i also just ordered four more ego vision v2 lr clearos that i will try to mainly use up on my ego c 1000mah batt as i've read that lr atties don't do well on vv units. however, i KNOW that curiosity will get the better of me and i'll end up throwing on a lr clearo after approximately an hour of dripping, haha! so, what are people's experiences with stardusts (especially lr stardusts even though they are not recommended)? any tips?

finally, what are people's recommendations for my next step up from dripping and the stardust on the lavatube? preferably some sort of clearo/carto/tank system?

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
As Arnold would say... Hear me now. Believe me later. Get a Vivi Nova 2 or 2.5. They blow the stardust out of the water on all accounts. They come with three heads, 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8ohm. The 1.8 will work good for wimpy 3.4V ego batteries. The 2.4 and 2.8 work great on the Vtube. You can re-wick and re-coil the heads in minutes for pennies, or just buy new ones for a couple bucks. They're a cinch to fill, just unscrew the top and dump in your juice, and they absolutely do not leak with either the plastic or the metal tanks. I bought one and liked it so much that I just bought 3 more of them. And, I'll be getting a couple more pretty soon if they stay in stock. They also have anodized aluminum tanks you can get for $3 or $4 and eliminate plastic cracking. Plus, they look cool as hell.

There is no other rebuildable atomizer tank system for anywhere near the $12-15 price of the Vivi Nova. Just be sure to get the Version 2 or 2.5. All the problems of the first version have been totally fixed on the V2, and the V2.5 comes with a more crack-resistant tank and longer wicks for those who prefer them. Personally, the short wicks work fine for my 70%VG juice. AFAIK, the version 2.5 was specially made for Gotvapes and they still have them in stock. But you better pounce on them because they won't last.

You can use LR atties on a VV, but there's no reason to. The VTube will cut your voltage to 3.7 with a 1.5ohm atty or carto. That'll still give you about 9 watts, but there's no sense in it. Stick to coils in the 2.5-3ohm range and you won't have any restrictions on the voltage you can select, and you won't be popping coils either.

Last edited:

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
I have to concur with sailorman here- I just received my Vivi Nova 2 days ago and I am absolutely in love with the thing! It looks like it was made for the Vtube, NO leaks whatsoever and the juice tastes awesome.

I put on the 2.8ohm head so that I can use the full range of VV on the Vtube. Can't beat it. I just checked over at hoosierecig.com and they have them in stock still.

You can't go wrong with this one.

-Jason

EricGQ

Jun 12, 2012
Erie, PA
thanks for the replies. i was already leaning toward the vivi nova 2 because someone had suggested it for me as the next step up from the vision clearos on my ego battery, so now i guess there's no reason to not get the vivi nova 2 as i can use it on my lavatube and on my ego as back up!!! i just wish i would have waited until today before re-ordering four more stardusts, lol. now, i may have to wait until next week to order the vivi due to cost constraints. blech!

EricGQ

Jun 12, 2012
Erie, PA
yeah, i definitely will let you know how it works out! i'm hoping that this new system will do it for me and i can start keeping the costs down now. in ten days, i have spent roughly $275 on ego c, stardusts, lavatube, vivi nova and juice... BUT my last analog was on mon. june 4 at 9:30am, right before the mail with my ego c got delivered, so for that i am extremely GRATEFUL!!! :toast:

Motty

Jun 15, 2012
UK
Just to add to the mix..

I followed pretty much the same path as yourself but rather than switching to clearos I went to cartos.
A SR boge in a tank is nigh on perfect for me, loads of flavour and vapour, cheaper than clearos (doesn't last as long though)
The flavour seems cleaner/clearer with a carto IMO. The other half has just switched over to them from stardusts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread