Mothers Milk WTA What is it and how it is produced. For clarity not a NET!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
  • Deleted by lamarrk
  • Reason: Requested.

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
  • Deleted by lamarrk
  • Reason: User requested.

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
Hope this is OK to put here..

My review of the two I just got,french roast and the new BOLD tobacco.Didn't we could do it here.

french roast= it was a solid outing for the french roast.I loved it,has a very smooth taste to it and you can taste the coffee,is not over powering and hits your palate like when you sit around a coffee shop smell and taste.I never go to any other types of flavors cept for strong tobacco flavors and this is on a get list for me.

The NEW Bold=If you ever tried the original bold you'll like this one to.Not sure what it is,taste is clear, clean and distinct.It is awesome for sure, as Bold is right up my alley for pure tobacco goodness.I even add a few drops to other flavors to give it a kick.Two thumbs up from me on both flavors...........

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Good afternoon DrBeaker and everyone:)

I purchased some 100%VG unflavored MM WTA the moment it was announced by DrBeaker on ECF that it was available. I received it in just a few days. Pleased with fast shipping too (and I see that you posted my comments about fast shipping on your site lol.)

This liquid is dark yellow, tinged orange/brown'ish color and cloudy. Still, to this day, has a an odd off-putting smell. I can only relate it to a bad batch of nic I received when I started to DIY and have never bought nic from that vendor again because the color and smell was THAT bad.

I am in no way trying to disparage you or your product. I tried to vape it on 2 separate occasions because I truly enjoy a good WTA unflavored 100%VG for the effects that it provides.

Is your unflavored 100%VG WTA e-liquid supposed to be clear and not cloudy?

How would YOU (anyone?) describe what the smell is?

I do know what some brands/supplier's unflavored 100%VG nic-base tastes and smells like and what 100% VG WTA from other vendors smells and tastes like, so I have some comparisons to use for that.

Thoughts please:)

TIA

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
while its a "unflavored" so to speak juice it has a light slightly sweet crisp earthy field like tobacco taste. becoz it is derived from tobacco leaves. mine is a light color now. not cloudy or dark and it hardly has a smell to it at all.
i hope DrBeaker comes in and lets us all know

I'd like to hear from DrBeaker and anyone/everyone else who has bought or received the 100%VG unflavored WTA's. Thanks, Redd:)

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I would like some customer feedback also. I hope this company can replace your unusable product and we can hear your review.

I have not asked for a replacement yet as I was inclined to think it's made the way I received it. When I saw people comment that they liked the flavored ones that they received, I figured they have not much sense of taste or smell. I have not, up until today, said anything about it in public. (Other than the one comment I made about the flavored one that had taberone? or some other tobacco absolute flavoring, but that, might have been in a private message and not in public.)

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
Good afternoon DrBeaker and everyone:)

I purchased some 100%VG unflavored MM WTA the moment it was announced by DrBeaker on ECF that it was available. I received it in just a few days. Pleased with fast shipping too (and I see that you posted my comments about fast shipping on your site lol.)

This liquid is dark yellow, tinged orange/brown'ish color and cloudy. Still, to this day, has a an odd off-putting smell. I can only relate it to a bad batch of nic I received when I started to DIY and have never bought nic from that vendor again because the color and smell was THAT bad.

I am in no way trying to disparage you or your product. I tried to vape it on 2 separate occasions because I truly enjoy a good WTA unflavored 100%VG for the effects that it provides.

Is your unflavored 100%VG WTA e-liquid supposed to be clear and not cloudy?

How would YOU (anyone?) describe what the smell is?

I do know what some brands/supplier's unflavored 100%VG nic-base tastes and smells like and what 100% VG WTA from other vendors smells and tastes like, so I have some comparisons to use for that.

Thoughts please:)

TIA

Thank you for asking this question.

I may not be able to explain chemically what happens to WTA when it under goes the entire process but I will do my best to explain my observations.

I have seen the product come out of the Supercritical Co2 extractor/collector bright canary yellow opaque and bubbling from dissolved Co2 still in it. Then it is transferred to the Rotary Evaporator and a vacuum is applied and the rotating flask is lowered into a heated water bath to remove any existing co-solvent and Co2.

Over time as the volume is reduced I notice that the oily liquid darkens but is quite clear looks to me like amber yellow color.
While still in the flask warm 100% USP Kosher Vegetable Glycerin is added to collect the WTA and generally make it easier to work with.

There are 2 22micron filters in the extractor lines the camber uses a 5 micron filter in it and still I see the product turn cloudy upon addition of more VG an/or PG and high speed blending. After blending the whole batch is placed in an Ultrasonic bath to aid in clearing. Looks yellow white in color quite opaque. This is like a homogenizing step.

I have noticed if Ethyl Alcohol (Pure Grain Alcohol) is added the product will become quite clear amber yellow-brown and can darken. Usually over time even with out the PGA it will clear all on it own.

I don't like to use PGA in e-liquids unless there is no other way so the 100% VG WTA DOES NOT contain PGA which would aid in clearing and blending.

There are a lot of factors involved in Supercritical C02 Extraction; Time, Temperature, Pressure. Over the past 6 Months several modifications have been made to the process to produce a more refined WTA.

If you like I can replace your product with something else or fresh product?

What is your invoice number?

Thank you

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Thank you for asking this question.

I may not be able to explain chemically what happens to WTA when it under goes the entire process but I will do my best to explain my observations.

I have seen the product come out of the Supercritical Co2 extractor/collector bright canary yellow opaque and bubbling from dissolved Co2 still in it. Then it is transferred to the Rotary Evaporator and a vacuum is applied and the rotating flask is lowered into a heated water bath to remove any existing co-solvent and Co2.

Over time as the volume is reduced I notice that the oily liquid darkens but is quite clear looks to me like amber yellow color.
While still in the flask warm 100% USP Kosher Vegetable Glycerin is added to collect the WTA and generally make it easier to work with.

There are 2 22micron filters in the extractor lines the camber uses a 5 micron filter in it and still I see the product turn cloudy upon addition of more VG an/or PG and high speed blending. After blending the whole batch is placed in an Ultrasonic bath to aid in clearing. Looks yellow white in color quite opaque. This is like a homogenizing step.

I have noticed if Ethyl Alcohol (Pure Grain Alcohol) is added the product will become quite clear amber yellow-brown and can darken. Usually over time even with out the PGA it will clear all on it own.

I don't like to use PGA in e-liquids unless there is no other way so the 100% VG WTA DOES NOT contain PGA which would aid in clearing and blending.

There are a lot of factors involved in Supercritical C02 Extraction; Time, Temperature, Pressure. Over the past 6 Months several modifications have been made to the process to produce a more refined WTA.

If you like I can replace your product with something else or fresh product?

What is your invoice number?

Thank you

Thanks for your prompt reply and description about the cloudy, amber color DrBeaker.

I was also looking for a description of the smell and taste. I do understand that taste and smells are subjective. There have been many instances where I smell or taste something overpowering to me and yet the people with me don't taste, smell or observe it at all. Some people are possibly immune to certain smells or tastes and it's entirely possible that I have overly keen senses and taste buds.

Thanks again. PM sent.

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
Thanks for your prompt reply and description about the cloudy, amber color DrBeaker.

I was also looking for a description of the smell and taste. I do understand that taste and smells are subjective. There have been many instances where I smell or taste something overpowering to me and yet the people with me don't taste, smell or observe it at all. Some people are possibly immune to certain smells or tastes and it's entirely possible that I have overly keen senses and taste buds.

Thanks again. PM sent.

Yes taste is so subjective.
It is not suppose to taste bad. I would say more like fine tobacco kinda of sweet maybe slight fresh cut grass smell (organic). I don't know maybe that is a bad description. To me it is like well alkaloids...
I know you have issues with PG so I am going to make you some 100% vg based eliquids to check out and replace your unflavored 100%vg with new fresh product. I hope you find it appealing.
Thanks

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Yes taste is so subjective.
It is not suppose to taste bad. I would say more like fine tobacco kinda of sweet maybe slight fresh cut grass smell (organic). I don't know maybe that is a bad description. To me it is like well alkaloids...
I know you have issues with PG so I am going to make you some 100% vg based eliquids to check out and replace your unflavored 100%vg with new fresh product. I hope you find it appealing.
Thanks

Thanks again for another quick reply!

I'll look forward to trying a different fresh product and I do hope, as well, that I find it appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread