More Reo's Incoming - some tips/advice required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthpistachio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
United Kingdom
Well I have another Reo Grand on the way with some Reomisers and my brother was converted almost instantly when he tried mine (well lets be under no illusions it's the wife's now) and he's managed to get a second hand one in the UK with a vicious Ant Cylone.

BUT - he has 6 x 18500 batteries already so was looking to fit a Kick 2 to his - are there any guides out there to fit the Kick TWO?

Also has anyone tried a Crown in the reo grand yet? - it looks like it would need a spacer in the base by the look of it and I wonder if that would be just too much faffing about at every battery change...

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Well I have another Reo Grand on the way with some Reomisers and my brother was converted almost instantly when he tried mine (well lets be under no illusions it's the wife's now) and he's managed to get a second hand one in the UK with a vicious Ant Cylone.

BUT - he has 6 x 18500 batteries already so was looking to fit a Kick 2 to his - are there any guides out there to fit the Kick TWO?

Also has anyone tried a Crown in the reo grand yet? - it looks like it would need a spacer in the base by the look of it and I wonder if that would be just too much faffing about at every battery change...

just ask the Master of Pink Erasers :)

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
The Kick 2 works well in the Grand but there are a few problems. Its not a perfect solution but I like it despite the problems. As you know the Kicks were designed for tube mods. Because of this there can be problems getting the Kicks to hold a ground on the Grands. The older regular Kick had a spring for a ground. You could run a wire from the spring in the Grand to the spring of the Kick. Doing this made a reliable ground and the mod fired every time. With the Kick 2 there are two ground prongs. At times, not often, they don't make contact with the Grand so you don't get a hit. Slide door up, give the Kick 2 a nudge and you are back in business. Because of the prongs On the Kick 2 I haven't figured out a way to wire it like I could do with the original Kick. The Kickstand that were made for the Kick will not work with the Kick 2. What I do like about the Kick 2 is that it lets you use more of your battery than the Kick did because the cut off is set at 2.7 under load. When my Kick cuts off my batteries are at about 3.25 volts. I have my Kick 2 set to around 9 watts. If you like a hot vape the Kick 2 will let you go to 15 watts. Each to their own on that. The above post shows a link to my current setup using the Kick 2.

You are probably aware that IMR batteries are a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread