more clearomizer problems - input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderoad02

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Maryland
So I just got a pack 2.6 -2.8 ohm xl clearomizers from gotvapes. I was very excited to get these based on reviews.
Filled one with some juice , loosened the silicone cup, fluffed the wick, put it on my ego - first vape great , then each vape thereafter got worse , getting a burnt taste. I cant tell if its a non wicking burnt taste or burnt flavor taste.

To all you clearomizer pros - any tips? Or is the 2.6-2.8 to low of a resistance, even if Im using an ego? Is it just burning the juice? I didnt think the 2.6 - 2.8 would be bad on an ego

I was really looking forward to these and right now I'm really disappointed.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
I've yet to find any CE2s or Clearo/Fluxos that wick quickly enough to keep up with my vaping style. I could get one or two, maybe three hits before that nasty burning plastic taste kicks in and I had to twirl it like a baton to saturate the wick and let it set for a minute or two before I could get another couple of flavorful hits.

For a light vaper they may be okay but regardless of the brand, as a pretty heavy user I've found they're highly over-rated and a complete waste of money and effort.

thunderoad02

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Maryland
Im not getting any decent hits. The first one is ok, not great, but vapable. Then its just all downhill from there. No matter if I drip a little bit of juice to the coil, twirl it upside down, let it sit for awhile, nothing. I thought maybe people were buying the 3.0 ohm ones even for an ego type device, and maybe the 2.6-2.8 was just burning the juice.

Guess Ill look into the teabag mod, not familiar with it on the clearomizers, but I was never crazy about it on my 510 attys.

If they arent working I guess it'll be back to my ego tank

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I have had very good luck with the clearomizers. I fill it up with the needle and then drip a few small drops out of the plastic needle directly on the coil and you can see it soak up, do this a few times (I call it priming the wick) Let sit for 5 or 10 mins max. and you are ready to vape. I have noticed that dark liquid does not wick as well so I would try a lighter colored liquid to see how well it works then try the darker liquid. Hope this helps.

thunderoad02

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Maryland
I tried a second one, I pulled the silicone cup up a little bit, and this one seems to be vaping better than the first one. Not great but better. Maybe the first one was just a dud and it was burning everything up.
Granted I have to turn it upside down everytime i take a drag but at least the flavor is coming across and no horrible burning taste.

I am using a PG light colored liquid - double mint.

P-Dub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
Santa Rita,GU, USA
Strange, I have yet to have a Clearo that did not work well for me. There is one small mod that you can do to the little silicone cup cap. Remove it completely and grab a pair o' scissors, smaller the better. You will notice the two cut-outs where the wicks feeds into the ceramic cup. Cut those a little larger. I cut an upside down V into them. Be mindful not to cut too high up otherwise juice will seep into the void between the silicone cap and the mouthpiece and not too large of a V or too much juice will seep into the coil. Both scenarios will result in flooding and sucking juice into your mouth...Blech.
Good luck and let me know how that workes out for you.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
After my first batch, I now clean and dry burn all of my ce2 products before using em. For the clearo's that involves removing the guts, running the wick uner a piping hot faucet for about 60 seconds, patting it down with a napkin or paper towel, and dry burning it in increments of 5-10 seconds for a minute or so total burn time. Then I fill em and let em sit for a bit, blow em out, just in case, wipe off the connectors and vape. I use the "2,8" which I believe is the 2.8-3.0ohm.

Another thing that I discovered is that VG juices or thicker, steeped juices wick much much better in a ce2. However they wick "too well" and end up gurgling. 50/50 PG/VG combo is the best for these IMO. Some PG heavy juices just don't wick as fast as they should, and you end up with the "filler" taste.

My advice is to vape through it. The more you use the ce2's the better they work. The Ce2's that I've had for over a month, and the one in the storm tank that I use constantly, are the ones that work the best. The ones I bought from CoV a couple weeks ago are just now starting to work really well. If you want, start the carto off with a VG juice to break in the wick a little bit. I know it's usually the other way around, and that PG juices normally wick better, the ce2's are just freaky and don't work like that. Like I said 50/50 is your best vape with a ce2. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread