Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondChance

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2010
Moody, Texas
Bank of America has "shop Safe" numbers. You can create a seperate number for each transaction and set the $ maximum as well and the expiration date of that number. Interesting enough I had a fraud situation two weeks ago. They tried to use one of my depleted shop safe numbers and the credit card company called me to see if it was me. That transaction was the day after ordering vaping supplies. hmmm

I too had an incident about 10 days ago, also after placing an order for PV stuff...within a few hours I was emailed by my CC company Fraud Dept. It appears my card was hijacked, and has since been shut down and replaced with a new one. I know where this happened, but at this point can't say if it was vendor...or billing company they use. CC company is investigating, this one was easy to pin down..because I had never used this card online before, and had not used at all for months, so to have several fraudulent charges with in 3 hours of using it for this purchase...not rocket science. I will update when I get more info from CC company. This happened on 1-10-11 if that helps anyone.

DoomsDay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Charlotte NC
I am betting rogue employees. Many years ago I decided to get one of those CC's where you had to deposit money in the account so you could use it as a debit card. We filled out the application and was approved. We sent them 300 dollars to put into the account and never received our credit card. after waiting 2 months we contacted them and they stated they never received our money. So we put a trace on the money order we sent them. As it turned out, an employee there signed for it, took the money and deposited it into his account and went to vegas on vacation.

The company contacted us and let us know the person had been fired and sent us our money back. They did not offer any type of compensation for this. All we got was, oh well, we are sorry, here is your money back 3 months after we sent it to them. I was very disappointed in how that company handled the situation. We basically had to do all the leg work, and all we got was, oops sorry.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I poseted here, but I saw this and I just wanted to let everyone know that it was not the vendor that was stealing my CC. It was actually the billing service. Apparently they stole a lot of CC's from a lot of online vendors. I suppose I could have guessed that it was not the vendor, especially since a lot of the charges were made in Europe, including a hotel reservation at some hotel in France. I now have Disney Sending me movies all the time and billing me for them. I guess one of the charges was for their video club. I called them and told them to stop billing me and they asked me to send the videos back. I told them if they wanted them, they know where I live and they can come and get them. There is no way I'll go through the hassle of sending the dvd's back to them. I already went through enough trouble just dealing with the bank. Well, maybe if they send me to collections, I will hand deliver them back to Disney. But the poor manager that I give them to will have them rammed down his throat.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Have you investigated whether or not your CC company offers virtual CC numbers?

My CC is with FIA and they have a feature called "Shop Safe" where I can get a virtual CC number. I indicate the amount of $$'s (usually $5 - $10 over order amount) and an expiration time of 2 months (each of these can be changed later if needed).

Other companies offer something similar (CITI Bank is one, I think). Look under "Tools" on your account home page and see what's offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread