Mods with a cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
Ever since I started vaping "seriously", I've been doing it with an Innokin iTaste VV V3 kit. Those come in the form of a slim, square pen-like device, with a square clearo, and most importantly, a pen-like cap that clicks onto the mod.

The cap thing is great: it protects the clearo and its connector from shocks and other damages, and keeps crud away from the mouthpiece when the device isn't in use. That's very important to me: it means I can carry the thing in my pocket and not worry about the occasional crumbs and fluff that can linger in one's pocket, nor about throwing my coat on a chair with the device in my pocket and breaking the device.

Now, the other features of the iTaste VV V3 tick all my boxes, and I can easily live with its (very few) shortcomings. So much so that I've bought another one and 10 extra clearos, just in case it's discontinued. But while it's solid, it's not *that* solid, and accidents happen. Also, I keep thinking the battery will need changing some day, and the device isn't designed to make that easy.

So I'm on the market for an upmarket mod with the same features or better. But strangely enough, even after extensive Googling, I can't seem to find any such device with a cap. The best I could find is clearomizers that come with a cap, such as this one. But those don't protect the clearo and it's connector. What I'm after is a mod with a click-on or a screw-on cap that clicks or screws onto the mod itself.

Does anybody know if such a device exists?

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
If you are asking about a cover that slips over the drip tip, the topper (atty/carto/etc.) AND the top cap of the mod (battery holder) and fastens to the body of the mod itself, then um...no. It would be somewhat impractical seeing as how higher-end devices, or big battery mods in general, are made to be used with a very wide range of toppers that come in a very wide range of heights, so, one cap may not fit all.

But if you are looking into big battery devices in general, they usually aren't made out of plastic like a lot of clearos. Something like the itaste vtr or svd is metal, though I'm not sure those are ss or aluminum or what. There are also some replaceable headed bottom coil tanks made from stainless (tatroe tank). For even more durability, a mechanical (with a kick chip for added variable wattage function) and a good rebuildable atomizer can last even the most clutzy of users a lifetime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread