Status
Not open for further replies.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Awesome info fsroq - I'll have to keep an eye out for the in stock notice on these. I don't see how MV fills their orders so quickly, I almost use them exclusively and this is a fantastic price for a vv box. Thanks again for the info.

Your welcome. They are allways out of stock, because there are not much mods who fire at anything you throw on them. And only for 35$. Also they work fine with cheap protected trustfire "flames" batteries, and you dont have to get the expensive brands. But the mod, not the batteries, gets warm when chain vaping.

oblivyan

Jun 7, 2011
Edinburg, VA
I put the pot in backwards (wrong side of the board) on purpose mind you, but I didn't change the wiring pattern - oops. I wondered why it didn't fire, so I figured it out, de-re-soldered, but nothing. I may have ruined the pot, but I'm not sure. I'm fairly mechanically/technically inclined, but didn't feel like messing with it after that.

I guess I could put it on my Fluke and see if the resistance changes on the pot? Or would it show a continuous short, regardless?

Robert T

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2010
Lake City, Florida
I'd check it out, if for some reason it is bad you can get another one for $0.99. They're on the last page (3) of the switches for some reason.(?)

Robert

I put the pot in backwards (wrong side of the board) on purpose mind you, but I didn't change the wiring pattern - oops. I wondered why it didn't fire, so I figured it out, de-re-soldered, but nothing. I may have ruined the pot, but I'm not sure. I'm fairly mechanically/technically inclined, but didn't feel like messing with it after that.

I guess I could put it on my Fluke and see if the resistance changes on the pot? Or would it show a continuous short, regardless?

Bucktoothzombie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Indiana
My wheel adjustment for the pot was filed flat on one said? I which is awesome cause I know exactly where my voltage is just by looking at the dial.. I granted at first I had to put my meters on there to find out what the voltages were.. NOW I don't even need my meter now..

These are awesome and I'm happy to hear mad vapes is going to start selling one for dual 18650.. It's going to be a long 2-3months now lol. The but at least now I know they're coming

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Glad you guys like the VV boxes :)

I've been waiting for this same bigger battery solution also and we've been working with an injection moulding company to make an 18650 battery box for us that's similar to a 2xAA box but has an addiional smaller slot for parts. Can't wait to get them but it still looks to be 2-3 months out :( But they'll be cool as hell when they get here :)

hoog
I'm buying it when this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread