moderator application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oinotna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
San Antonio Tx
hi y'all, i came across a post where it was announced that applications for moderators were being accepted, i tried accessing the application page but could not get in, kept getting a no permission message, has this page been removed and you are no longer taking appls or their is a minimum status and post requirements not listed on the post? I'm still interested, please let me know what else i need to do

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
We require that an applicant be at least a Senior Member before they can submit an application. The forum is complex and full of various features and areas -- that is why we require applicants have at least Senior Member status under their belts to even apply. After that we take other factors into consideration when screening potential moderators.

I'll update the Moderators wanted post to explain the post count requirement.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.

Oinotna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
San Antonio Tx
We require that an applicant be at least a Senior Member before they can submit an application. The forum is complex and full of various features and areas -- that is why we require applicants have at least Senior Member status under their belts to even apply. After that we take other factors into consideration when screening potential moderators.

I'll update the Moderators wanted post to explain the post count requirement.

thank you for ur prompt response, Ill wait another year then before asking about it and yeah that update might clear some doubts as to what is required. till then vape ON.

Oinotna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
San Antonio Tx
Being a moderator is a lot of work and is something I would never consider doing again. I modded a large mini bike board for a year or so. You really need to understand the dynamics of message boards to effectively do it IMO and that takes years of posting to really figure out.

THANKS for that input, now that I'm vaping and not smoking, i guess I have a few more years here so I'll wait some more and reconsider it.:confused:till then KEEP ON VAPING :drool::vapor:

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
FWIW, modding on the mini bike board and dealing with all the BS every day made me lose all interest in them. It's been a couple of years since I quit and I'm finally getting back into them again (albeit very slowly).

It's sort of like how people like wrenching on their cars or bikes so they figure they'll get a job at a shop. They soon realize that it's not as much fun working on other people's stuff and they end up hating what they used to love. My old roommate was a prime example of that. Loved working on Harleys, had to do it for a job and then he hated it and constantly .....ed.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
FWIW, modding on the mini bike board and dealing with all the BS every day made me lose all interest in them. It's been a couple of years since I quit and I'm finally getting back into them again (albeit very slowly).

It's sort of like how people like wrenching on their cars or bikes so they figure they'll get a job at a shop. They soon realize that it's not as much fun working on other people's stuff and they end up hating what they used to love. My old roommate was a prime example of that. Loved working on Harleys, had to do it for a job and then he hated it and constantly .....ed.

Were you using your nick on thses boards too?

Ever been on the R1-forum?

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
This name was used on the mini bike board I modded on. I'll tell you right now that people either loved me or hated me there.

I'm not on any motorcycle boards but I may have registered on some with this name. I've got several usernames that I use for boards at this point and can't keep track of all of them anymore (been posting on forums since 1998).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread