Minnesota county wants to classify vaping as smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R. Scott Kennan

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Hartford, CT, United States
I don't live in Minnesota yet, but I plan to move there within a few years. Therefore, I'm on the Casaa list for MN. Through that list I found out today that a county in northern MN wants to classify vaping as smoking, which would mean that even in dedicated vape stores, it would become illegal to vape indoors in public places.

If you're in the area, there is a public hearing on is November 19th at 5 PM in the County Board Room of the County Administration Building, 701 Minnesota Avenue, Bemidji, MN.

Here's an article.

Beltrami County Board: County moving forward with vaping ban | Bemidji Pioneer

and here's a letter to the editor written in support of the ban:

Letter: Beltrami County urged to ban e-cigarettes | Bemidji Pioneer

Thanks for reading.

Lowstorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Northern MN
Hey there! We're trying to organize a bunch of us to get there. Meeting at the local vaping shop and walking down to the county offices. If anyone wants to write e-mails and (decent) letters, I can get the info for ya'll. I'll also be recording those of us brave enough to speak about it.

We already got the city to remove the wording from its ordinance, and they decided to rely on the county to put up the fight. If the turn-out is like the one for the city of Bemidji, there'll be a lot of people saying 'Stop the ordinance' and 3 to 6 for it. PLUS we've had the commissioners actually trying to find out more on their own! So we're hoping all goes well on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread