Mini protank 2 taste burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
you can remove the rubber grommet, you can move the center pin up, you can remove the flavor wicks, you can shake the protank so that it helps the juice wick (youll see bubbles rise if that worked), you can use a juice with a higher pg concentration, you can reduce the power by reducing voltage or increasing resistance, you can take slower puffs, you can increase the time between puffs, you can rebuild a better coil yourself (stainless steel mesh wicks really fast)

thats all i can think of ...

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I got the kangertech mini protank 2 for my x6 mod but after aday about every 6 puffs it starts to taste burnt if I leave it there for a bit it goes away. How can I fix this?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Two possible causes:
1) dry wicks will cause burnt taste, generally faint at first. Repeated quick and/or long draws can cause the wick dry out momentarily. A dry vape without firing the atomizer should get you back to normal.
2) voltage/wattage just a little too high

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
If it happens every 6 puffs or so, you're experiencing dry hits--you're possibly overvaping (vaping too fast, your wattage is too high or both) and your PT can't keep up. You need to allow some time for the eliquid to flow to the coil--a dry coil will give you a dry hit. That's pretty nasty. Kanger recommends 5.5-7.5 watts for their coils.

Also, if you vape dark, sweet juices, your coil will gunk up, eventually, and will need to be cleaned. I use clear and clean juices and my coils last for weeks--all they need is an occasional soak in PGA, vodka or denture cleaning solution.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread