• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Mile High Vapor Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Visited their on-line store, took a look at the prices. Chingao! I don't think so.

I am betting that the bar and the online store are separate entities. I need to make a run to the bar soon. I am interested in the place as a location for meetups for ABQ vaping folks. Maybe have a monthly get together.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
.... Yes. A meetup should be about meeting fellow vapers, and making friends above everything else. One thing cool about this hobby/habit is that there are so many different ways to do it. Different equipment, methods, flavors, etc. Hopefully everyone would bring all of their toys. :) It will be fun, if we ever get it off the ground.... sigh. I have just been too maxed out to get anything going.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
OK, I finally made it down there. It's a pretty nice place, and I will be going back. A quick rundown....

Mile High Vapor Room is a cozy neighborhood bar. It sits atop Leo's and (Wall Street something?) bars. on the NE corner of Candelaria and 12th street. I got there around 9PM on a Wednesday, and there were about a dozen patrons. The place has table seating for about 25 folks on the inside, bar seating for another 10, and a nice outdoor porch overlooking Candelaria that with seating for 12 to 16. Drink prices were reasonable, and about on par for ABQ.

There is a pool table, jukebox, etc. Wednesday night they have live music. Be thinking one or two musicians. Bill kept us entertained this particular night. I am not sure if they rotate their live music. I would imagine so. The music. decorum and feel of the place lends well to the 30s plus crowd. The bathrooms are clean and well furnished, well at least the mens room was. I didn't check out the ladies room. :lol:

I got to talk with Valerie, the bar manager and Kaitlin, another bartender there. Both of them were quite friendly. I asked how long they had been open as a "Vapor Bar", and was told that they just opened 2 months ago. They do sell e-juice and I believe e-cig hardware onsite. Valerie said that the juice is sourced from the same folks that supply the malls. I will be spending some time there to get more familiar with the place, and see what kind of deals they have. I talked with Valerie about having a meetup there, and she had a "Let's do it!" response.

Overall, I would say this place is definitely a place to visit. They open at 3:30 during the week, 2:30 on weekends and stay open until midnight, or longer depending on how busy they are.

Ralph T

Last edited:

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Great review of the place. I went over there before it was completely set up and everybody was really nice. I think it would be a great place to set up for a meet and I'm sure they would love the attention. Last time I was there they had plenty of juice and a few tube mods for sale. He hadn't had his pricing set up yet. They looks like bolts to be honest but cool as heck to see someone locally selling stuff like that. I am interested in meeting or even swigging by there to try and set something up with the place if you guys are willing. I am curious to see what everybody is rocking

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Great review of the place. I went over there before it was completely set up and everybody was really nice. I think it would be a great place to set up for a meet and I'm sure they would love the attention. Last time I was there they had plenty of juice and a few tube mods for sale. He hadn't had his pricing set up yet. They looks like bolts to be honest but cool as heck to see someone locally selling stuff like that. I am interested in meeting or even swigging by there to try and set something up with the place if you guys are willing. I am curious to see what everybody is rocking

I believe they are having monthly meetups on the third Thursday of each month. I went last month and it was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread