Might have killed atomizer cleaning, Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okiki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
NW Ohio, SE Michigan
So I was experiencing some decrease in vapor production and also harder drag from my atomizer. So i decided to try a few things I read.

First I boiled the atomizer with a good amount of baking soda for ten minutes.
Then I boiled with two tablespoons for maybe 30 mins taking it out every once in a while to rinse under cold water.

Finally took out rinsed and blew out. Then dripped a few drops onto it let it sit maybe 5 mins.

Tried to vape and the results are....

1. I felt the menthol in my whole mouth much like an analog...
2. There was little to no vapor though
3. Puffed a little longer and saw vapor.
4. Then it would disappear.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 over and over again.

I hope I did not kill it, it is my only atomizer and no money for new one yet.....

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
So I was experiencing some decrease in vapor production and also harder drag from my atomizer. So i decided to try a few things I read.

First I boiled the atomizer with a good amount of baking soda for ten minutes.
Then I boiled with two tablespoons for maybe 30 mins taking it out every once in a while to rinse under cold water.

Finally took out rinsed and blew out. Then dripped a few drops onto it let it sit maybe 5 mins.

Tried to vape and the results are....

1. I felt the menthol in my whole mouth much like an analog...
2. There was little to no vapor though
3. Puffed a little longer and saw vapor.
4. Then it would disappear.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 over and over again.

I hope I did not kill it, it is my only atomizer and no money for new one yet.....

Okiki--the error you made was not allowing it to dry!!! You have to get all the water out of it by allowing it to dry overnight or heating it dry with a blowdryer. You may be still in luck. Let it dry over night. Then reprime again and try to start it by firing it up with short hits. Boiling it for 30 minutes is not good as the mesh may no longer wick and you may have compromised the contact points----5 minutes will do if it is going to do anything anyway. Boiling will not dispose of the residue on the coil and really has not proved to be all that viable at all, but some report it works. And I think they report that because the atomizer was flooded to begin with--so give it a try in the AM-------Sun

Tone

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
LI NY
They way I go about it like this.
I have 3 atty's in rotation.
I have one I am using.
I have one as a spare
I have one turned upside down with a paper towel while it drys/drains to catch the juice.
The one I vape with all day get washed and left to dry/drain over night.
I fire up the spare from the day before first thing in the morning and the one drying from the night before is made as the spare for that day. and i just follow this routine it work for me.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
I don't believe a hard draw is related to a dirty atomizer tip.

Next time it happens, try this before trying to clean atomizer..... blow compressed air through the atomizer's air hole. I do this at least 2-3 times per week. I top my carts heavily, and that's what causes problems for me. Eliquid clogs up the air hole after awhile.

Recently, I have also had poor battery performance (works one minute, then it doesn't). I solved the problem by cleaning my bat./atomizer connections with a Q-tip dampened with rubbing alcohol. That takes all of the liquid residue off.

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
It works now and actually seems like im getting more flavor then before just a little better draw, and average vapor.

@Closet - I tried all of that before believe me this was almost a last ditch effort. I have heard of people killing there atomizer trying to clean it....

Okiki--Glad to hear it worked out for you!!!--Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread