Metal polish on copper contacts is ok?

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Hey guys

I was using a mech for about 2 weeks and it got patina pretty badly so i decided to polish it with copper polish,
I know for the outer body its ok to use polish after googling it but i cant find anything about the contacts it self
Most people say use eraser or alchole but since its copper i can use copper polish right?
I just cleaned the entire mod contacts and all with the polish just hope its ok
So i can do it next time too
It looks almost new and my contacts are super shiny too...

I tried googling it but cant rly find anyone using polish on the contacts thats why im worried now dont wanna ruin it..

Also i got copper polish my contacts are copper but the body is brass i guess copper polish works for brass too cause it worked lol,just hope i didnt screw up the contacts part

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Hey guys

I was using a mech for about 2 weeks and it got patina pretty badly so i decided to polish it with copper polish,
I know for the outer body its ok to use polish after googling it but i cant find anything about the contacts it self
Most people say use eraser or alchole but since its copper i can use copper polish right?
I just cleaned the entire mod contacts and all with the polish just hope its ok
So i can do it next time too
It looks almost new and my contacts are super shiny too...

I tried googling it but cant rly find anyone using polish on the contacts thats why im worried now dont wanna ruin it..

Also i got copper polish my contacts are copper but the body is brass i guess copper polish works for brass too cause it worked lol,just hope i didnt screw up the contacts part

Yes, as you learned, you can use your polish on the contacts. Your contacts will be fine. Just make sure you wipe them clean after using the polish.

I do, and have used metal polish, for years with my mechs.

I've also cleaned them with alcohol. And using dish detergent (Dawn). In a pinch you can also use ketchup.

You DO NOT need specialized contact cleaner or dielectric grease to clean the contacts.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Curious . . . do you personally OWN any mechs???
I do now since recently yea i got 4 , 3 trishuls v2 and a copper vanilla mech mod, but i do know about ohms law,battery safety,prutuding pin etc since i studied this before even buying them and ive been using it for weeks now battery doesnt even get hot nor does my mod while vaping i also dont go lower than .15-.2 ohms which is about 25-28amps my battery is 35amps samsung 30T 21700 and use protuding pin right now the dead rabbit v3 rda i think its pretty safe nothin happened so far and i build it on my regulated first before i screw it on the mech hehe but yea these are my first mechs

The build in my atty right now is .2

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
I do now since recently yea i got 4 , 3 trishuls v2 and a copper vanilla mech mod, but i do know about ohms law,battery safety,prutuding pin etc since i studied this before even buying them and ive been using it for weeks now battery doesnt even get hot nor does my mod while vaping i also dont go lower than .15-.2 ohms which is about 25-28amps my battery is 35amps samsung 30T 21700 and use protuding pin right now the dead rabbit v3 rda i think its pretty safe nothin happened so far and i build it on my regulated first before i screw it on the mech hehe but yea these are my first mechs

The build in my atty right now is .2

Happy to hear you are getting on well with your mechs.

You have the mech fever!!! LOL, so do I.

Users who are viewing this thread