• Either / Don't have a preference

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernards

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Singapore
I'm at 3 months on the same 2 original batts and I pretty much vape/charge usb all the time with no usb time of 3 hours during commute.

I am on my 3rd JS (V2) though as first 2 (V1) had switch failure.

What you describe sounds like the results of over discharging.
Is it possible the usb you plug in to isn't really keeping up with your discharge rate?

It's unlikely you will be able to discharge the cell to 2.6v on the Stick. At 3.6v, your stick will be barely alive. After 3.6v, the curve drops very fast. Unlike flashlights, you can't limp along until you kill the cell. I'll do a test with one of the new cells to see at what voltage the Stick cuts off.

I'll update the original chart to a new one using less than 1C load. It'll show a more realistic usage curve.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
hi,
i just would like somebody from Janty (europe) to show up and check my open ticket for a FAULTY JANTY STICK.
It stop working after 3 days of use.
I opened a support ticket on october 1st, no replay yet, still pending.
This is the second time i had BIG TROUBLES with Janty support.
Is there anybody working at the EUROPE STORE??

If somebody of janty people see this thread, could you please contact janty europe customer support and tell them to check OPEN TICKETS!
PLEASE!

for reference my order was: 8645 (JANTY EUROPE)

zafogger

Sep 25, 2009
The answer for all of you is: shredded PTB mod. The 'shredding' is just a series of lengthwise cuts on the rolled-up PTB material to make it look like on of those floor mops that are strips of absorbent material bunched up and attached to a handle.

- PTB provides superior wicking to the regular cart material, and that is an understatement.
- Shredding (apart from improving the already great wicking) protects your atty from being damaged if cart material is too stiff and not cut at the right length. As long as the PTB's shredded material is flush with the top of the cart (like the regular poly filler), you're good to go.

I didn't really fall in love with vaping until I did the shredded PTB method with my janty stick.

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Maybe I need to try it again, but the shredded PTB didn't work out for me on that damn 801. Got alot of leaking / atty flooding. Used 1 full bag, then 1 and a half.

Best cart mod for the 801 I've found is Blue Foam mod. Still isn't perfect, but I've tried em all - PTB, shredded PTB, reduced stock cart material, cut cart, brass screen and fluval. As I've posted, it's tricky getting the right density for the 801. Too much and it doesn't wick. Too little and it leaks/floods.

Still find the 510 (with Blue Foam) the most reliable and best vapor. Can't wait for Janty to finally start delivering the 510 adapter for the Janty Stick. It'll be great vaping tool then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread