Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I just tried the last couple of drops in an atty. The extra time steeping created an explosion of flavor. Almost 3 times more. It is way different after steeping for a month. Hopefully I will get the chance to try it in 2x or steeped for a month soon. It was the best of it kind right out of the mail. It is way way better aged.

NaOH

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
United States
How is the base on that one? Not sure if all of the VS bases are the same. I remember the base being clean but not crisp? Am I right?

I haven't ventured off in their flavors much besides the tobaccos and Seattle, but I detect a similar base across all the of the ones I've tried. I don't know if "clean but not crisp" sums it up in my own words, exactly, but I would call it clean and earthy at the same time. The tobacco element to Seattle is definitely a darker one.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I haven't ventured off in their flavors much besides the tobaccos and Seattle, but I detect a similar base across all the of the ones I've tried. I don't know if "clean but not crisp" sums it up in my own words, exactly, but I would call it clean and earthy at the same time. The tobacco element to Seattle is definitely a darker one.

Interesting I will look in to it

AaronY www.EcigJuiceReview.com sent from my iPad

taofishdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
this is the first menthol i have tried, and i really like it. It is a strong cooling menthol, with wintergreen mintyness and no chemical taste. The tobacco flavor is good, but it is hard to separate from the menthol to me (i never smoked menthol). The price is steep, but it is super tasty. The WTA seems to reduce the need to vape for me, its a good supplemental juice to use when you can't vape constantly (good for me at work) and the menthol is a good changeup from plain ol' tobacco.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
this is the first menthol i have tried, and i really like it. It is a strong cooling menthol, with wintergreen mintyness and no chemical taste. The tobacco flavor is good, but it is hard to separate from the menthol to me (i never smoked menthol). The price is steep, but it is super tasty. The WTA seems to reduce the need to vape for me, its a good supplemental juice to use when you can't vape constantly (good for me at work) and the menthol is a good changeup from plain ol' tobacco.
Nice what did the base taste like to you?

taofishdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
i would say the base seems smooth, bright and sweet. Not funky at all (i.e., earthy, musty). I definitely favor sweeter, fruitier tobacco notes over the earthy or nutty ones, but I don't detect any with the P-38. Given the menthol blast is so powerful it is difficult for me to describe nuances in the tobacco base.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
i would say the base seems smooth, bright and sweet. Not funky at all (i.e., earthy, musty). I definitely favor sweeter, fruitier tobacco notes over the earthy or nutty ones, but I don't detect any with the P-38. Given the menthol blast is so powerful it is difficult for me to describe nuances in the tobacco base.

So the menthol covers the earthy tones for you?

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Yes, it seems to. The menthol is so strong that I don't get a whole lot of tobacco flavor, i'm vaping it right now actually. I am vaping on 3.4 v and a LR Boge carto. I really like it and it definitely reminds me of a menthol analog. I avoid musty flavors like the plague!

Interesting. Is musty like woody or another attribute? It might be an aspect of nutty vapes that I just dislike too or is it something else?

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Interesting. Is musty like woody or another attribute? It might be an aspect of nutty vapes that I just dislike too or is it something else?

Just to be clear I am not saying P-38 is musty or nutty. It is not IMHO. I was just asking because I am told everyone tastes things differently and curious if he was getting those attributes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread