Menthol flavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started my vaping with green smoke in March this year and haven't touched tobacco since then, but I recently upgraded to a Vision Spinner and Mini Pro tank.

My problem is I miss the green smoke Menthol flavour.

I have tried -
MBV Extreme Ice, its tolerable but has quite a strong eucalyptus flavour to it which isn't unpleasant if you like vaping a Vicks chest rub. It's growing on me.
MBV Menthol E, I'm sorry but straight out the mail it was un-vape-able. Was enough to make my hair curl. Plus I live in Australia so it had a week of moving and shaking before it got here. But I will attempt it again later.
Joyetech Menthol, No beating around the bush here - that ..... was terrible.
MBV Candy Cane, I like this but not really menthol and definitely not something that I can do all day.
MBV Spearmint, I love spearmint but it makes me feel sick if I have too much of it, spearmint chewing gum gives me the same icky feeling.

So I guess I am looking for a sweet minty menthol that isn't gonna blow my head off but is still flavourful.

Any recommendations that offer reasonable international postage that doesn't cost as much as it does to feed a family of ten for a week would be good!

TIA

Peta.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
So I started my vaping with green smoke in March this year and haven't touched tobacco since then, but I recently upgraded to a Vision Spinner and Mini Pro Tank.

My problem is I miss the green smoke Menthol flavour.

I have tried -
MBV Extreme Ice, its tolerable but has quite a strong eucalyptus flavour to it which isn't unpleasant if you like vaping a Vicks chest rub. It's growing on me.
MBV Menthol E, I'm sorry but straight out the mail it was un-vape-able. Was enough to make my hair curl. Plus I live in Australia so it had a week of moving and shaking before it got here. But I will attempt it again later.
Joyetech Menthol, No beating around the bush here - that ..... was terrible.
MBV Candy Cane, I like this but not really menthol and definitely not something that I can do all day.
MBV Spearmint, I love spearmint but it makes me feel sick if I have too much of it, spearmint chewing gum gives me the same icky feeling.

So I guess I am looking for a sweet minty menthol that isn't gonna blow my head off but is still flavourful.

Any recommendations that offer reasonable international postage that doesn't cost as much as it does to feed a family of ten for a week would be good!

TIA

Peta.

have you tried mixing some of the stuff that you did get together?
I, for instance, like to mix some straight up menthol into my lemon liquid (sometimes more, sometimes less, however my mood is), you could mix some spearmint with your candy cane and get some Kool Kane flavor or something (yes, I come up with silly names for the stuff I throw together, sue me).
I threw some lemon into the butterscotch and it taste like cheesecake with a twist, pretty darn vapeable and yummy!

Last edited:

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
menthol crystals are very cheap. pop one into you vape and microwave for 5 sec.let cool and you have instant menthol flavouring as strong as you require(YMMV). For extra cool menthol a couple of drops of Koolada per 10ml does the trick. Do not put too much in as it will quickly become unvapeable

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I like aroma's P38, but it is a WTA, and therefore a little bit on the pricy side. It's got a good menthol flavor, a little minty, and ever so slightly sweet, but not too bad.

If anyone has found a good "Menthol Tobacco" flavor, please let me know. I am looking for something that actually tastes like a camel menthol or similar analog flavor. I have tried about a dozen (or more) different menthol flavors, but they are all minty or mouthwashy ... not what I am looking for.

Lunger

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
South Florida

CigsRGross

Nov 2, 2013
Los Angeles
Heather's Heavenly Vapes has a Peppermint/Menthol liquid that I've got my eye on. You can request extra menthol also by selecting a choice of light, medium or heavy menthol to add to your liquids. Although, I just got my order of Dragon Fruit (yummy btw) and I added medium menthol to it but I don't taste the menthol so maybe they forgot? :unsure:

Unfortunately NicQuid and Halo are out. I checked out there sites and to post one bottle to try on there shipping quotes is over $40 USD. Makes it way to expensive for what it actually is. I will continue looking though on those that offer FedEx, who I have found to be half the price of USPS and just as, if not quicker than them.

Thanks for all the responses.

Ok, new to the site, so if someone has answered this please forgive me! :unsure: Is there any way to stabilize menthol crystals so you can make your own e-juice with them? I have attempted making it before using what I consider to be a standard ratio that works with standard liquid and the menthol crystallizes again after being left alone. Done some research on menthol crystals and they apparently reform at room temperature. I'm not sure how to keep them in a liquid state.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
One of the local B&M here has a thing called Pale Rider it's Carmel, berries and a cool menthol on the end. They have an iced cinnamon roll that has menthol I will be trying next. Then there is the Pat's Menthol from that I started with because it tastes just like Marlborough menthol. I added some peach to it and it ... Improved the peach.

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok, new to the site, so if someone has answered this please forgive me! :unsure: Is there any way to stabilize menthol crystals so you can make your own e-juice with them? I have attempted making it before using what I consider to be a standard ratio that works with standard liquid and the menthol crystallizes again after being left alone. Done some research on menthol crystals and they apparently reform at room temperature. I'm not sure how to keep them in a liquid state.
Menthol crystals need some warmth to help them melt into the base mix. Once you have got them into the liquid form and shook the bottle the menthol molecules with spread around the base mix and shouldn't reform. Try putting your menthol crystals in the mix last and cook the whole batch in the microwave for a few seconds. 5 secs. for a 10ml batch should get the mixture warm enough to melt the crystals. Once they have disappeared give the mix a good shake and you shouldn't have any more problems getting the menthol to stay in liquid form. They won't really be in liquid form for they will re-crystallize again but the particles will be so small that they will be invisible to the naked eye

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Being a noob, I've done a lot of reading and it seems that former menthol smokers have a hard time finding a menthol juice that they like.
I expected to try several before I found something that I liked. I got lucky! The first one I tried from VaporGirl was perfect for me. It's Menthol/Tobacco with a nice cold kick and tobacco tones on the exhale. First couple hits had quite a WOW factor and I wasn't sure about it, since I had smoked light menthol for 40+ years but a couple more puffs and I was hooked! It's what I wished my analogs had tasted like. Don't know about international shipping, but you can check with them. Good luck in your search.

Deb-NCPatches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread