Status
Not open for further replies.

jch419

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
OH USA
www.smokerevolt.com
Dear Forums, below is letter we just wrote to our local news station. We are begging you, begging you for your support! PLEASE help us stand up to the media and support and protect vaping! Please read our letter and at the bottom, you will find a phone number you can call and let this news station know what you think. Please share with everyone you can, on every forum you can, on your facebooks...wherever there are vapers there are friends. If we let them get away with the attacks, where will they stop? PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO vape, PROTECT THE TRUTH.

The letter:

Smoke Revolt INC 11/15/2013
Story Title: What are you smoking? About Electronic Cigarettes
Attention: WTOL Channel 11 News, Chief Editor

"I am writing to you today to ask that you publicly retract and correct your report entitled, “What are you smoking?” A special report by Brandon Jones.

Since the story ran, we have lost half of our business and you have seriously damaged our reputation in the community. As a company, we in fact employ ten people and their families count on us to be able to pay them. We would have never cooperated with you if we had known in advance that your story was going to use our company as the backdrop for your anti-freeze scare tactics that have nothing to do with Smoke Revolt’s brand.

As a local company we have sold over thirty-thousand bottles plus of Smoke Revolt e-liquid with not one occurrence of sickness. We have shipped eighteen hundred orders nationwide in the last year alone. We absolutely do not, we repeat *do not* put diethylene glycol in our brand of e-liquid. Half of our customers now believe we do. Because of your story you have diminished our capacity to operate freely and again, our business has dropped by 50%. Not only did you run this story locally, but NATIONALLY in many many major cities. We are floored.

This is our history; We grew our business from the ground up; my wife was a stay at home mother and I was only an over the road truck driver and for us, this is all very sickening and devastating. We have two little girls, ages three and six that we would like to provide a decent life for and have spent many days away from them organically growing our business. This was all to give them a better future and help people stop smoking and support a good cause. You can please try to imagine all the hard work and sacrifices we have taken to grow our business. We are a local company, we are part of the community and love our customers dearly.

Your station frequently runs stories from time to time that ‘take a stand against bullying’, but I say to you, my wife now feels bullied and is extremely depressed and it is tearing me apart, (I am very worried about her). How is this fair? It isn’t in our heads because our sales have dropped over fifty percent since November Seventh 2013 and customers are wandering in asking us what is in our liquid? How horrible.

Whether you agree with electronic cigarettes or not, you have no right to destroy a local business with rumors and innuendo that have already been debunked. Our company name, Smoke Revolt was mentioned 9 times in your news story- no other e-cig shop’s name or brand mentioned specifically; and so our customers THINK we have been ‘poisoning them’. This is no light matter.

We have supported our customers to the best of our ability. Many of them have been long term smokers that wanted a way to quit smoking. Your report has pushed many of them back into a habit that will kill them while scaring them away from the only outlet that has helped them.

We can and will prove that our e-liquid has never contained diethylene glycol, however the damage that you have imposed on our company may never recover and the longer you wait to apologize and correct your error the longer my company will deteriorate.

We are seeking a public apology and correction of you're reporting. This can be accomplished by the following:

1. Retract your statements as many times as you aired the story and as many promo spots that were advertised; and make clear to your viewers that Smoke Revolt INC does not produce e-liquid that contains diethylene glycol.

2. Make clear to your viewers that Smoke Revolt INC only produces e-liquid that only contains PG/VG (Which is Kosher food preservative), and American refined nicotine. We are not the company they interpreted from Brandon Jones news story. By the way, the story was supposed to be about minors not buying electronic cigarettes; how it ended up an assassination on our company is beyond us.

YOU MUST CLEARLY
RETRACT YOUR STATEMENTS
OR WE RISK GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!"

Here is a link to their 'story': E-Cigarettes: What are you smoking? A WTOL 11 Special Report - ToledoNewsNow.com: News, Weather & Sports for Toledo, OH

419-248-1111 *WTOL CBS CHANNEL 11 NEWS TOLEDO, OHIO *CALL THEM AND PLEASE SHARE-SHARE-SHARE!

HERE IS THEIR FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/wtol11

www.smokerevolt.com has our mission statement on our homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread