Mechanical mod - what is that, please? (language problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Thank you, dear!
Yeah, that is pretty. It is an X-Cube And it looks so nice with my wonderful Molehill Mountain drip tips :wub:

I love wooden mods .. Here is a special order one. Called a Dibbi

aa94e260c7ff594cb63105bce3fc8077.jpg

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
ooooh pretty!!!! *gets greedy look* *feels onset of Shiny Acquisition Syndrome*
Stop it! It probably does not hold a normal - like Vivi Nova - atomizer anyway. So there! I don't want it! :p

(explanation: all my stuff is compatible. So there! :p )

No worries it takes about a year to get a Dibi mod..but yes it's 510 connection. ;)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Oh, we have sooo gotta get you sold on a bottom feeder. They can stop your Shiny Acquisition Syndrome dead in it's tracks. When I started buying Reo Grands I stopped buying anything else. (And before you ask - yes, it's a mechanical. :lol:)

That's for sure..I have 5 mech mods that have cob webs growing on them in a corner somewhere Rick! ;)

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Yeah, the naming conventions can be maddening. I never liked the term "mod" as it really doesn't apply anymore. I have a iTaste VV3 which has a built-in battery, but can do VV and VW. I used to call it an APV (Advanced Personal Vaporizer), but I was informed that APVs have replaceable batteries. So what are iTaste VV3s, MPVs and other PVs with non-replaceable batteries? SAPV (Semi-Advanced Personal Vaporizers) or DAPV (Disposable Advanced Personal Vaporizer) I could do what my wife does and just call them all my "tokers"

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Yeah, the naming conventions can be maddening. I never liked the term "mod" as it really doesn't apply anymore.

You can say that again.
This "mod" thing is really confusing, especially to non-native speakers / foreigners.
I remember some time ago, when that guy stacked 2 cheap batteries in a .. mod.. that did not have the air hole to let out possible gas, and he had an accident with that thing. Naturally (due to the ANTZ efforts) that accident went around the world. (Yeah, note pc batteries or mobile phone batteries never ever cause an accident.... :facepalm: ). Anyway, in our German vaping forum we were firmly convinced that the guy had made that mod himself. Built himself a pipe bomb. Lesson learned - for us in Germany: do not mess with technical / electric things if you have no idea about them.

Then some German forum guy who was in ECF at the time said "No, in the States they also call purchased / factory made battery tubes "mods""
We were like :
1. WTH? :confused:
2. They actually sell those things without the air hole? :confused:

And those who did not read that reply by that guy are probably still convinced that that guy with the mod had built himself a pipe bomb.... Although that thread did something good: It cautioned the members of the German forum on how to use a mod correctly that uses stacked batteries. :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
You can say that again.
This "mod" thing is really confusing, especially to non-native speakers / foreigners.
I remember some time ago, when that guy stacked 2 cheap batteries in a .. mod.. that did not have the air hole to let out possible gas, and he had an accident with that thing. Naturally (due to the ANTZ efforts) that accident went around the world. (Yeah, note pc batteries or mobile phone batteries never ever cause an accident.... :facepalm: ). Anyway, in our German vaping forum we were firmly convinced that the guy had made that mod himself. Built himself a pipe bomb. Lesson learned - for us in Germany: do not mess with technical / electric things if you have no idea about them.

Then some German forum guy who was in ECF at the time said "No, in the States they also call purchased / factory made battery tubes "mods""
We were like :
1. WTH? :confused:
2. They actually sell those things without the air hole? :confused:

And those who did not read that reply by that guy are probably still convinced that that guy with the mod had built himself a pipe bomb.... Although that thread did something good: It cautioned the members of the German forum on how to use a mod correctly that uses stacked batteries. :)

Hi mate!
I (many others also) blame Trog (banned here I believe). JeJe

Link

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread