Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Well, I should have done my research before pulling the trigger on aesthetics alone for my first mech mod (Infinite Black Copper Stingray). First, some of the threading shows when using the 18650 size battery. Second, while I CAN get it working with a Kick, even more threading shows. It appears that my shopping isn't done yet after all. Perhaps you kind folks can point me to mech mods that are better suited for Kicks? I just like being able to adjust voltage, and the fact that the Kick will not fire when the battery drops too low. Something in stock please, and not a telescoping mech. I don't like the looks of those. I'd rather have the interchangeable tubes. Also, the Nemisis plus kick ring is already on the list, but if you know of a good place to buy those colored tubes for it, please let me know. fasttech is no where near fast enough for me. I really want to mess around with this Kick.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
I fell you pain. I just purchased my first mech after watching a review of the Satin King by Infinite.

In the review it stated it came with a kick ring to use with an 18650 battery so thought to myself that this would work. Well I was wrong, and should I say the reviewer was wrong. I was not even able to screw on the switch. I then took off the adjustable screw for battery rattle and got it to screw on. I left about a 1/16 gap between my atty and the firing pin top cap, and I'm about 1/8 inch from being able to screw the switch all the way in at the bottom. Basically splitting the difference between the two.

I was disappointed to say the least. I called another vendor (not where I purchased it) to see if his King mods did the same thing, and he confirmed it did (wanted to check to see if mine was just not made correctly) I also had him check with his Copper Stingrays and the same with those as well.

So even if I can't tell you those that do. I can tell you two that don't :)

I have thought about taking it to a machine shop and see how much it would be to have a little bit bigger kick ring made out of brass that is 1/4 longer.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I fell you pain. I just purchased my first mech after watching a review of the Satin King by Infinite.

In the review it stated it came with a kick ring to use with an 18650 battery so thought to myself that this would work. Well I was wrong, and should I say the reviewer was wrong. I was not even able to screw on the switch. I then took off the adjustable screw for battery rattle and got it to screw on. I left about a 1/16 gap between my atty and the firing pin top cap, and I'm about 1/8 inch from being able to screw the switch all the way in at the bottom. Basically splitting the difference between the two.

I was disappointed to say the least. I called another vendor (not where I purchased it) to see if his King mods did the same thing, and he confirmed it did (wanted to check to see if mine was just not made correctly) I also had him check with his Copper Stingrays and the same with those as well.

So even if I can't tell you those that do. I can tell you two that don't :)

I have thought about taking it to a machine shop and see how much it would be to have a little bit bigger kick ring made out of brass that is 1/4 longer.

That's a good idea. If that little extension tube for the stingray were just a tad longer, it would house an 18650 and be suitable for a kick in 18350 or 490... Hmmm...

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Don't want to be captain obvious but you guys took out your hot spring right?

Sent from ΣΟΦΙΑ using Atmizoo Roller bOd Mecha

The spring in the firing button? No. Not sure I'm up to taking the firing button apart. Plus, I'm no longer sure it's an Infinite. The vendor listed it as the brand name "Infinity". I think it's actually a clone of the Infinite clone. The 510 connection, for example, is completely stationary and does not adjust. Also, I do not believe there are magnets in the firing button. Feels like just a spring. However, the engraving looks nice and the whole thing looks great with an Ehpro Black Kayfun Lite, so I'm happy anyway. The Kayfun sits nice a flush without the adjustable 510 connection, the set up is tiny and shows no threading with just an 18350 battery which is how I've intended to use it for the most part, and the threading on the tubes is smooth. Also, the firing button doesn't have any "crunchiness" that I've heard of. It may not have been what I originally thought I was getting, but I was the one who decided to buy it as cheaply as possible, the vendor didn't list it as "Infinite" and it's my own fault for not reading correctly or doing my homework. I just pulled the trigger on something pretty.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Don't want to be captain obvious but you guys took out your hot spring right?

Sent from ΣΟΦΙΑ using Atmizoo Roller bOd Mecha

The Kick makes the hot spring a moot issue. With a kick there is little need for silver contacts, copper tubes, and so on. You simply set the wattage to individual taste, and the Kick takes care of the rest. With the Kick installed my 3 year old Silver Bullet performs the same as my Nemesis.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread