Mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeezus187

Oct 11, 2017
Los angeles california
So far the little I know is batteries with high amp draw like vtc5a. but double check with battery mooch for best batteries for mech mods if your mech is in series that means double the voltage so 1 batterie times 2 if it's a mech in parralell that double the amps but voltage stays the same......now most vape at .1 because if u build lower you stress your batteries and could blow your teeth off...most batteries have a minimum resistance of .06.. also use a rda with a protruding 510 pin ....thats what I know about mechs and I don't even own 1 yet

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

dimdes

May 2, 2018
So far the little I know is batteries with high amp draw like vtc5a. but double check with battery mooch for best batteries for mech mods if your mech is in series that means double the voltage so 1 batterie times 2 if it's a mech in parralell that double the amps but voltage stays the same......now most vape at .1 because if u build lower you stress your batteries and could blow your teeth off...most batteries have a minimum resistance of .06.. also use a rda with a protruding 510 pin ....thats what I know about mechs and I don't even own 1 yet
Ok thanks for that but i know that .1 ohms in fresh charged batteries is 42 amps an the battery is 20 or 25 amp. How does this work ?

Jeezus187

Oct 11, 2017
Los angeles california
Ok thanks for that but i know that .1 ohms in fresh charged batteries is 42 amps an the battery is 20 or 25 amp. How does this work ?
It would only work with a dual battery set up if your thinking only 1 battery with a 18650 ..there's no 1 18650 that can deliver 42 amps .....i know there's bigger batteries like 20700

• Agree

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Yes im talking about 1 18650 battery tube and having .1 ohms
Here's my lecture I give new Mech users.

1. Ohm's law, Steam Engine | free vaping calculators makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android

2. Batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!

a. Avoid crap batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not eBay or Amazon) sources, great places that I get authentics from are -

http://liionwholesale.com/

Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com

b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"

c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog and only use his recommend batteries.

d. In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.

e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.

3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -

a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up

b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery then add 1/2 the CDR of the next battery

c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amps . So a series you build high with a lot of wire mass no lower that .4 ohms.

4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I will vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build like shorts.

5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you put it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front pocket and blow your Johnson off ya know ;)

6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.

a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

dimdes

May 2, 2018
Here's my lecture I give new Mech users.

1. Ohm's law, Steam Engine | free vaping calculators makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android

2. Batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!

a. Avoid crap batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not eBay or Amazon) sources, great places that I get authentics from are -

http://liionwholesale.com/

Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com

b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"

c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog and only use his recommend batteries.

d. In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.

e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.

3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -

a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up

b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery then add 1/2 the CDR of the next battery

c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amps . So a series you build high with a lot of wire mass no lower that .4 ohms.

4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I will vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build like shorts.

5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you put it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front pocket and blow your Johnson off ya know ;)

6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.

a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot about all this informations ,i will have all of them in mind but my question here is if i build a .3 coil for a mech tube where shoud i stop vaping in that battery? As soon as i notice the first "voltage drop" or later?

• Optimistic

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

dimdes

May 2, 2018
You need to read these three articles. Read each one from top to bottom. They should cover everything you need to know.

A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod
Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations for a Mechanical Mod
Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

Should you have any additional questions after reading the above, come back and we'll try to answer.
thanks for all that, i read the " a beginners guide...." and i realize that mechs are too much for me.But i want to try something like a box unregulated mod like a dovpo mvv or a invader 3 or a noisy cricket.Im looking forward for the noisy cricket cause it has parrarel switch so it would be more safe for amps draw and has some safety feutures. would you recomend noisy to me?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
An true unregulated box mod is still a mechanical mod. Don't confuse the box shaped true mechs being any different from a tube shaped true mech. They are both unregulated mechs.

In theory, a parallel circuit in a two battery mech doubles the amps, but in real world practice you should only consider the amperage to be only 1 1/2 times that of a single battery. Theory does not account for any voltage loss from the mod's body or atomizer.

There are different versions of the Noisy Cricket. The latest version can be run in either parallel or in series, regulated or unregulated. It does have some basic safety circuitry. I don't own one and never used one. I've read a little about them on You Tube.

Last edited:
  • Informative

dimdes

May 2, 2018
An unregulated box mod is still a mechanical mod. Don't confuse the tube shaped mechs being any different from a box shaped mech. They are both unregulated mechs.

In theory, a parallel circuit in a two battery mech doubles the amps, but in real world practice consider the amperage to be only 1 1/2 times that of a single battery. Theory does not account for any voltage loss from the mods body or atomizer.
Yes but they have some safety build in them so its safer than a tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread