Mech Mod similar to SMPL+

Status
Not open for further replies.

sur4er

Sep 1, 2016
Hello,

at this moment I am using Golden Greek Cybrillion mech mod. I would like to get mod with silver plated contacts to avoid to often cleaning, but in specific dimensions, 22mm wide and maximum height 81mm, best will be 78mm height as SMPL+

Can somebody suggest good mod for 18650 which will fit my needs, looks like Petri lite may be good, something else ? I do not want to use any clones only original mod, price would be up to 350 usd

thanks
Aleksei

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm not very familiar with all of the different mech mods available on the market today. However, you did mention the SMPL and I was curious if you are aware that it is a direct battery mod, also called a faux hybrid mod? These are very different from most mods which have a 510 center pin. Direct battery mods have no 510 center pin and require special juice delivery attachments. Please review the last section of this blog for your safety.

A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod
  • Covers the differences between a mechanical vs. regulated mod, essential safety accessories, optional safety accessories to add layers of safety to your mech, routine maintanance, use of proper batteries, proper ventilation, low resistance vaping, and faux hybrid mods.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I'm with @Baditude here, in recommending AGAINST the SMPL or anything like it for a beginner vaper. The "pinless" (aka "direct-to-battery" aka "hybrid-look" or "fake-hybrid" or "fauxbrid" or sometimes just called "hybrid" [though incorrectly, since "true" hybrids are something else]) top cap style of mech mods are prone to violent battery incidents if not handled expertly. There is a whole 'nother level of precautions that you need to be aware of, on top of the standard mech mod battery safety/ohm's law calculations. If you look down in the 510 connection (where your topper screws on to the device), you want to see a metal pin there, not just a hole that goes down through to the battery compartment. If there's no pin, it's best to stay away and leave it for knowledgeable experts only.

Unfortunately, the pin is going to add at least a few mm of length to the device. But it's there for safety. Is it worth that extra half an inch for something that might blow up in your face, hands, or pocket if used improperly?

Reactions: Baditude

sur4er

Sep 1, 2016
Thank you very much, for you post. I do understand how mech mod working, at this moment i have Cybrillion mod its also hybrid connection mod. I think if person understands basics of electricity everything will be ok. I am using it about one and a half month, everything works pretty well. But every day cleaning ...... Now i ordered Petri light with upgrade button, its the same height like Cybrillion, but gold covered contacts, hope it will help to avoid every day cleaning. The only reason why i use mech is a size, there are no electrical mod for 18650 at the moment in the same dimension like SMPL. Mech may be dangerous if you do not understand even basics of electricity.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread