Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Hi Diana, errr wrong pantheon, Artymis!

Most of the manual users seem to push the button for a short period before drawing. With autos, that's not an option. So charge-life would be extended on an auto.

Overall battery life? Appears to me to be the luck of the draw and how one cares for them. My autos rarely have any problems after the first one or two. The manuals have been prone to stuck buttons, failing buttons, and failing FETs. Seems like a "six of one, half dozen of the other" thing to me - they have strengths and weaknesses. If properly cared for, either should be equally prone to failure..

But "everyone" will try to convince you that their choice is best. I always smile cheerfully when reading these threads. ;)

Visinedrops

Nov 14, 2010
Wenatchee, WA
I prefer to have a manual with my wake-up or nic fit 36mg carto, but if I'm just sitting in front of my computer, an auto with an 18mg is good for my mindless vaping. I haven't received my passthru I ordered over 2 months ago from *cough*V2*cough*, but I just got another manual batt from V4L that I ordered Saturday. (I love how quick V4L ships - superfast!)

Besides that aspect of the two, I like holding the manual because I can play with the button with my thumb without pushing it as a nervous habit.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I really prefer xl manuals, however when I just want to toss a few into my jeans, it is my xl autos that I choose because the button won't get pushed in when I sit down (which gives a whole new meaning to "hot pants" lol) :)

The xl autos are pretty darn satisfying I must say, I am enjoying them more! Can't wait to get the new bejeweled autos with the new improved hit! I just might move back to the autos if they are as good as they say! Just will need to be a bit more careful when refilling...

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
I prefer the manuals. Better th to me than the autos (have two autos, eight manuals). But it is personal prefrence. Just like prefering cd's to mp3's, windows to mac, etc. Go with what works for you. Just order a manual and see if you like it. If not you can always try to swap it or go to the pif forum and donate it there.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I have them all XL, Reg, Short, autos and manuals they all work well and I enjoy each for different reasons. If you fill your own cartos, go with manuals and avoid shorting out an auto batt. Outside of that, there is NO better one over the other....it's just comes down to personal preference. Get a couple of each and I think you will see what I mean, I believe they are all 25% off until midnight.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Yeah, I like both too:) I actually still have the two chrome 2 hole autos that came with my first V4L kit, 19 months ago, and they still work great! I have a whole cash of batteries and, now that I think about it, have only had 2 die on me and they happened to be manuals. I'm up in the Catskill Mountains in New York state, skiing for the weekend, and really appreciating my XL autos because I'd never be able to feel the button with my thick ski gloves on!

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
I've been using the autos (reg and XL) and politely asked for an extra freebie XL batty in my last order. V4L, being the kickass peeps they are, sent me one but it was a manual since I didn't specify I wanted an auto. So...I tried it of course and....wow. I like it! Seems when I pre-fire the atty for a couple of seconds then puff....the carto gets pressurized and actually "pushes" the vapor into my mouth. I find this gives me quite a bit better vapor production and TH. I liked it so much, I ordered 3 more!! That'll push me to about 12 battys now so I'm never wanting for a charged one. Still like my autos though for all the reasons mentioned above but I'll definitely be using the manuals now too. Thanks V4L! You peeps rock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread