Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
is it possible to get just caps and tubes with no batts or chargers?
I have ordered one of these for my wife, and if I should happen to like it enough for me to get one also, I would not need all the chargers and batts as I would use all the same stuff as hers. Would this be a possibility

We shall make individual items available soon including small parts like springs etc..... not sure when yet but probably in a few weeks time. :)

sprakkattak

Mar 6, 2010
UK
hi tim. im unable to create a thread so ill just post it here. in the manual it strongly advised to use protected batteries. so im assuming battery options for all the mako sets are all protected? but in the mako battery compatibility thread, the maksi minno can use either cr2-15270 or m/pipe-14250. the 15270 is none-protected right? (correct me if wrong).

i purchased my minno (havent received it yet) with the cr2 battery option. does that mean the cr2 im getting is none-protected? is the m/pipe battery protected? if m/pipe is protected, is that the only option for minno to use protected batteries?

thanks.

Pheary

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Great Britain
i purchased my minno (havent received it yet) with the cr2 battery option. does that mean the cr2 im getting is none-protected?

YouTube - Minno Intro.MPG

He doesn't mention the batteries being unprotected here.

I wouldn't worry too much, the charger has built-in protection and when vaping we don't tend to stray near the over-discharge values these batteries have. So in theory, for us, protected vs non-protected is less of an issue than if we were for example using these batteries in torches or laser pens.

The unprotected batteries he mentioned in the videos is here:
YouTube - Midi Intro.MPG

Which relates to the Midi.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
hi tim. im unable to create a thread so ill just post it here. in the manual it strongly advised to use protected batteries. so im assuming battery options for all the mako sets are all protected? but in the mako battery compatibility thread, the maksi minno can use either cr2-15270 or m/pipe-14250. the 15270 is none-protected right? (correct me if wrong).

i purchased my minno (havent received it yet) with the cr2 battery option. does that mean the cr2 im getting is none-protected? is the m/pipe battery protected? if m/pipe is protected, is that the only option for minno to use protected batteries?

thanks.

Hi Sprakkattak,

Yes the 15270 is currently an unprotected version (mentioned in an earlier post) as we have not been able to locate protected ones as yet.... the mini pipe battery I believe is LiFePo which is a safer technology but I'll have to double check on the finer details and let you know. :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
We discovered that quite a number of the sleeves (particularly the black ones) have small marks on them where the anodising hasn't taken properly. While this isn't the end of the world in terms of functionality, aesthetically, they are slightly imperfect. So we plan to get them sorted over the weekend as we don't feel they are ready for sale.

For some who have ordered already, there may be a slight delay and I'm sorry for this, but rest assured they will look a lot nicer when they have been treated. Of the first few orders that went out, we selected the best of the bunch, but we are now down to the (what I consider to be) the sleeves which don't make the grade.

This means that we shall hopefully resume sales on monday when the problem has been sorted.

I'm sorry for the disappointment. :(

Romain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
France
Hi Tim,

Whaouuuu, so you're still alive :lol:
Do you know that several French customers are angry?:-x
No answers to the questions by e-mail, not information about this delay which you explain here…
I did not want to wrote a message here, but as you do not answer e-mail, nor with the message on smoke-juice, it is the only place or to join to you…
Here's a copy of a message on a French forum:

I do not find very serious the way in which Tim manages this launching…
A first e-mail sent more than 7 days to know if the CR2 sold with the Minno version are protected or not… Never received answer… But I found an answer on forum ECF, and it seems that they are not it
Yes the 15270 is currently an unprotected version (mentioned in an earlier post) as we have not been able to locate protected ones as yet.... the mini pipe battery I believe is LiFePo which is a safer technology but I'll have to double check on the finer details and let you know. :)
Sympathetic when in the instruction manual, he is written in fat and red: “FURTHER NOTES: ONLY USES PROTECTED BATTERIES!”. The instruction manual also contradicts Tim on the batteries mini-pipe, it seems that they are Li-ion 3,6V, and not LiPo.
Second e-mail sent there's 3 days, to know when my order was shipped (practically 150€, normal to worry, knowing that it is given without signature directly in the box-letter, I like to know when I must wait…). No answer either… It is average nevertheless, I were not accustomed to that with SmokeJuice in the past… :rolleyes:

At the moment, I discover a new message of Tim on ECF:
We discovered that quite a number of the sleeves (particularly the black ones) have small marks on them where the anodising hasn't taken properly. While this isn't the end of the world in terms of functionality, aesthetically, they are slightly imperfect. So we plan to get them sorted over the weekend as we don't feel they are ready for sale.

For some who have ordered already, there may be a slight delay and I'm sorry for this, but rest assured they will look a lot nicer when they have been treated. Of the first few orders that went out, we selected the best of the bunch, but we are now down to the (what I consider to be) the sleeves which don't make the grade.

This means that we shall hopefully resume sales on monday when the problem has been sorted.

I'm sorry for the disappointment. :(

Good, I am not content with the way in which this launching is managed, I hope that Mako will be able to make forget these nuisances… All SmokeJuice customer are not all on ECF, and frenchs customers have no informations...Answer the e-mails had been a minimum, as to inform all the customers who ordered of the problem of quality and possible delay before shipping…
Problems can arrive during a launching of a new product, and customers can understand if they have the information, but make the ostrich never arranged the things…

Thank's Tim,
And please, send a mail to inform your customers ;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Tim,

Whaouuuu, so you're still alive :lol:
Do you know that several French customers are angry?:-x
No answers to the questions by e-mail, not information about this delay which you explain here…
I did not want to wrote a message here, but as you do not answer e-mail, nor with the message on smoke-juice, it is the only place or to join to you…
Here's a copy of a message on a French forum:

I do not find very serious the way in which Tim manages this launching…
A first e-mail sent more than 7 days to know if the CR2 sold with the Minno version are protected or not… Never received answer… But I found an answer on forum ECF, and it seems that they are not it

Sympathetic when in the instruction manual, he is written in fat and red: “FURTHER NOTES: ONLY USES PROTECTED BATTERIES!”. The instruction manual also contradicts Tim on the batteries mini-pipe, it seems that they are Li-ion 3,6V, and not LiPo.
Second e-mail sent there's 3 days, to know when my order was shipped (practically 150€, normal to worry, knowing that it is given without signature directly in the box-letter, I like to know when I must wait…). No answer either… It is average nevertheless, I were not accustomed to that with SmokeJuice in the past… :rolleyes:

At the moment, I discover a new message of Tim on ECF:

Good, I am not content with the way in which this launching is managed, I hope that Mako will be able to make forget these nuisances… All SmokeJuice customer are not all on ECF, and frenchs customers have no informations...Answer the e-mails had been a minimum, as to inform all the customers who ordered of the problem of quality and possible delay before shipping…
Problems can arrive during a launching of a new product, and customers can understand if they have the information, but make the ostrich never arranged the things…

Thank's Tim,
And please, send a mail to inform your customers ;)

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Thx for European customer Romain.

Hi Romain,

All of the French/European orders were sent last week by signed for international delivery. As I said, this issue with the sleeves only affected some of the sleeves, but we managed to get all the European orders sent with the sleeves we had.

Please understand that we have been crazy busy this week in amongst assembling/testing Makos and packing orders and we are just catching up with everything which is why a few emails have gone unanswered.

We are hopefully getting an extra helper in the next few weeks to help me deal with emails etc.

If your friend needs to talk to me urgently please get him to email me again and I will do my best to return his email this weekend.

Again please send my apologies to any French forum members who are still waiting for there order, but rest assured all of the French orders were sent last week.

Thanks,

Tim

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
To add to this last post, we have just got the slightly marked black sleeves all coated and ready for shipping next week.... there are still a few of the original orders pending which will go out on monday, but all European and US orders have been dealt with and were shipped last week.

We will add new stock to the website on monday night. ;)

Thanks for your patience and apologies if you have experienced any delay....

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Romain,

Thank you for relaying this information to the French forum and again my sincere apologies to anyone still waiting.

We are trying to locate a supplier for the protected CR2 3.6V, and I also need to confirm with our supplier what type the mini pipe battery is as I mentioned in a previous post.

Anyway, I will update you as soon as I have some more feedback. :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Thanks for the update, at least it means that I don't have to sit here pressing F5 every 10 mins!

Mind you, it does mean I need to be up early on Monday to make sure I don't miss out! And I'll feel guilty when I put my new black Mako in me pocket and it gets scratched ....

Hi NBamford -

LOL.... the new coats have turned out really well so we'll put stock back up tomorrow evening all going well just so you know. ;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Thanks for the quick reply. Hope you get protected ones for the minno soon or if the m/pipe batts are protected, i'll get one myself.

One more question, what about the midi and maksi battery options, are they all protected?

Btw, I received my maksi and minno yesterday. Im loving it! Thanks!

Hi Sprakkatak -

We're working on the protected CR2 for the minno and I'll confirm hopefully tomorrow which type the mini pipe battery is. ;)

Just to confirm what batteries currently comes with midi/maksi kits:

Midi: Protected 14500 or 2 x CR2 (LiFePo)
Maksi: Protected 14650 or NiMH custom 5V

The LiFePo's are considered safer than Li-ions which is why we went with them and the NiMH 5V is also a relatively safe technology.

We however of course urge all users to remain vigilant using any battery types, regardless of whether they are protected or not and this goes for all electronic cigarettes which invariably use some form of lithium batteries.

And of course.... ALWAYS READ THE MANUAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread