Status
Not open for further replies.

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
Hello everyone,

I ordered a nemesis clone on a whim two weeks ago, without doing much research into which clones are best made; the one I ordered from vaporbreak is made by a supplier called Haiyuan, of which I've unfortunately heard nothing at all around here.

Anyway, my question is: do you reckon the hcigar magnet switch kit would fit and work flawlessly with this particular clone? I'm assuming that, if both are nearly 1:1, I'll have no problem. I've heard that it's a pretty easy and worthwhile upgrade and, as such, plan to do it asap. Also, I think that hcigar, ehPro, and Tobeco clones now come with the switch upgrade. What are the chances that I might get lucky with this?

Bonus points for anyone who can provide some insight into this Haiyuan Nemesis clone! I really can't wait to get it...

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
QC is a crap shoot. Even if you buy two from same vendor the tolerances can vary significantly. I have 4 nemie clones and had to polish 3 switches to reduce crunch. Tube thread slop varies which can cause body seam to protrude. All my nemmies are working good after some tuning. Some beauty ring are rounded but should be square. I can't fix switch slop or body thread slop but can ignore.

All I know about magnets is deal extreme magnets get a 10 out of 10 from me.

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
Thanks for the insight, emus. Does deal extreme sell a magnetic switch upgrade kit specifically for the nemmy? Is the magnetic switch upgrade something I can do without a kit like the one from HCigar?

I wonder if there are some good threads about fixing up nemesis clones...

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
easy to install magnets.
My shims and magnets:
pgMx0f5.jpg

10050098W Strong NdFeB Magnet Ring - Silver (10 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Would not worry to much. Looks to be a 1:1 clone.< the pics that are legit> some are actual Nemesis pics.
Also Haiyuan is likely his IN HOUSE alias for things.
A Year ago Haiyuan was his In House e-liquid line.

It was also purportedly his, Min's last name - Min Haiyuan

I also stopped dealing with Vapor Break after finding they were bootlegging Fake Dekang and Hangsen as Factory original, amoung other issues.

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
Would not worry to much. Looks to be a 1:1 clone.< the pics that are legit> some are actual Nemesis pics.
Also Haiyuan is likely his IN HOUSE alias for things.
A Year ago Haiyuan was his In House e-liquid line.

It was also purportedly his, Min's last name - Min Haiyuan

I also stopped dealing with Vapor Break after finding they were bootlegging Fake Dekang and Hangsen as Factory original, amoung other issues.

Thanks so much. Just to clarify: you say that the pics of the nemmy clone on vaporbreak's site seem to indicate that the clone is 1:1 and will, therefore, have the magnetic switch on arrival? That would be ideal!! You might have just made my night...

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
Which brings to question why $200 mods are still sold w/o magnets. I'm baffled.

Honestly, it is incredible, isn't it? The magnets in the HCigar are supposed to be stronger and better than the standard magnets in a nemesis conversion kit too. What a joke.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I like weaker magnets because you can shim to desired strength.
I shim 18350 nemmies weaker than 18650.
I have several coke can shims and it only takes seconds to add or remove shims.
I cut first shims w/ scissors but then found my old hole punch set to make some cleaner shims.
A slick polished nemmie is hard to hold w/ strong magnets.
Nemmies are great for tuning.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I love my Nemesis, but who ever designed that bottom switch should be tarred and feathered.

Seriously?
Considering Mod evolution, I think it was well ahead of the game. Looks like the Stingray Switch is next to take it up a notch.

Thanks so much. Just to clarify: you say that the pics of the nemmy clone on vaporbreak's site seem to indicate that the clone is 1:1 and will, therefore, have the magnetic switch on arrival? That would be ideal!! You might have just made my night...
1:1 Clone
No Magnets
Factory dos not come standard with magnets
Magnets are readily available.
Better ones from FatDaddyVapes on Ebay, but a bit expensive. Then again most people don't need to order 10 to save a few dollars and prefer not to wait on China to ship.

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Seriously?
Considering Mod evolution, I think it was well ahead of the game. Looks like the Stingray Switch is next to take it up a notch.

No Magnets
Better ones from FatDaddyVapes on Ebay, but a bit expensive. Then again most people don't need to order 10 to save a few dollars and prefer not to wait on China to ship.

Jury still out on that one. Nemie switch is very tunable and has more durable delrin/plastic insulators; both ends. I'd pick nemmy if going off grid for a long time because it is tougher. Easier to service nemmie switch. Nemie switch has one less contact break. Can upgrade nemmie hot pins w/ standard M5-08 hardware. Nemmie has a better hot pin IMO. That Ray is a looker out of the box. Nemmie looks pretty fine after a little customization. Nemmie has enough room to shave lock ring gap but Ray doesn't. One piece nemmie bodies already cloned.

I love em both.

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
Seriously?

No Magnets

Fatdaddyvapes ships from the US? I'll order a kit tomorrow. I'm sure I can find a simple tutorial here, too. Seems to be a fairly simple process, but I'm entirely new to mechs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread