Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkchip

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Bokeelia, FL
What surprised me was that my fav juice is one that is fairly cheap (Berry Creamy by MBV). I keep trying the expensive stuff because of great reviews, but the Berry Creamy has a better flavor than any of the other berry juices that I have tried. Guess that's a good thing, since I don't have to spend a lot of $$

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
I really thought that the rba for the subtank mini would be a pain to build and wick and not have good flavor, but it's really is a good little flavor chaser if you get a good build and wick.

It really surprised me how good it can be compared to a dripper, I do a lot of driving and u usually take both of mine with me when I'm driving with different flavors and the same build 26/32 Micro clapton

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks for the contest Crowdude and Madvapes!! This looks really interesting!! Good luck everyone!!

This goes back aways, but one that surprised the stuffin outta me was the VV gripper
upload_2016-7-18_16-25-9.jpeg

It was made very cheaply which I didn't like......but this thing hit like linebacker!! (don't have a linebacker gif). lol

It was PWM which most folks didn't like.......but this simple cheapo mod had some power to it. Bought a second one when I tried to fix my first one and ruined it. Used the second one even when I had to use tape to keep the batt door closed and the batt contact had come loose, and I had to line it up just perfect and close the door quick! hehehe

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
I think my biggest vape related surprise was tobacco ejuices. I tried a few to mimic cigarettes when I first started vaping and all were gag nasty and when I would be on ECF and see people saying they vaped a tobac ejuice... I thought they had rocks in their head, hubby only wanted to vape an apple tobacco at the time and I got into DIY because the one he liked was very high PG and caused him problems. I got into DIY because of that and ended up tasting A LOT of different tobaccos... everyone raved about RY4... I thought it was gross... but came across some tobac flavors I really started to like and found I could vape many of them all day if I needed where I couldn't most of the sweet or fruity flavors. Iced tea... no lemon became a favorite and it is really close to a tobacco. Today, most of the ejuice I vape is either a tobacco or a coffee of some sort but if you had told me this when I started vaping or even the first year, I would have thought you were totally nuts.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
#NOTANENTRY since I won last week but want to answer anyways :D

It's an Ejuice produced here in Canada called Double Double, it's a coffee vape name after a Two Cream Two Sugar coffee from Tim Hortons, it simply amazing!! It's become so popular the company can't even keep up with demand lol...

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
I still have a little vv plastic black box mod,acrylic tube mod and the tube mods Madvapes use to make(can't remember what they called them firing button on top little black button) got from Mark at Madvapes warehouse back in 2010 still working all of them.Very surprising all still work after all this time!

Last edited:
Reactions: loxmythe

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
I was surprised when I tried my first LR atomizer (yeah I'm a dinosaur) and dripping. I couldn't believe the difference in taste and vapor. Now I'm surprised everyday at the advances in the technology. Heck I remember when everyone was anticipating this new product coming out called an ego that meant no more carrying 5-6 510 cig alike batteries to get through the day at work lol. Now I have stuff that only needs charged once a week. Looking back over the past 6 years - we've come a really long way. [emoji106]
Thanks for the contest - I too remember the 14500 box mod kits you guys used to sell - I still have a few I never got around to putting together.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
I was surprised at how my taste in juice has changed over the years. Started with tobacco flavors = gotta simulate that cigarette as close as possible. Then discovered fruits - oh yes, citrus, berry, creamy and still discovering the incredible combinations available.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I have been highly impressed and surprised by these (not necessarily in this order)...

1. The Eleaf iStick TC60W Kit. It's a great TC Device that is very rugged and can take fall from a good height onto a hard surface. The included Lemo RTA is very nice as well. Overall, a great Kit.

2. Vaporesso cCells in the Target 75VTC Starter Kit. These Ceramic Coil Heads give amazingly great flavor. The Target Mod is quite efficient with a single 18650. Overall, another great Kit.

3. The Reuleaux DNA200 with three 18650s. I think it's the best TC/Standard Device out there, but charging via USB is what surprises me. It has been said repeatedly that charging via USB would take a very long time, but it really doesn't take longer than other devices with one and two 18650s. Since all three batteries are in Series with a great Balancer, they all basically get the same current and seem to charge just as fast as a single 18650 device. However, when I charge my 18650s externally, I charge at 0.5 Amps to extend battery life, so anyone who charges at 1 and 2 Amps may not be impressed.

4. The SubTank Mini (the STM). I love the RBA. It is very easy to build and works great with both Kanthal and TC Wires. It is my All-Day Go-To Tank (on the Eleaf iStick TC60W). I wish I could find another STM in Stainless today!!!

Thanks for the contest, Mike and MadVapes.

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
First off, thanks for the contest!

I've had a couple of surprises in my 2+ years as a vaper. The first one was the Subtank Mini. After getting started with Kanger T3Ss and the old iClear 30 tanks, my first vape with a Subtank gave me a glimpse of what sub-ohm vaping brings to the table. Now (with the exception of my Aromamizer RDTA), Subtanks are the only tanks I use.

Then, there's the Subox kit. I got mine last year, not knowing what to expect from a Kanger mod. Since then, it's been the mod I take to work with me. I have to say that it's been rock solid and fuss-free. Good battery life and a small form factor make for a great mod!

Sent from Doomite Central!

Reactions: philbh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread