M40x PCC...No Kidding!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan28

ECF Veteran
i noticed there were separate models of the PowerPal for m401, 402, m401 manuals and 601's (never heard of 601's?).

i'm figuring the 401 manual one will also fit regular 401's, just maybe a bit loosely.

i wonder if the 402 cases are shorter? my friend says his 402 batts are a lil hard to unscrew in his VOGUE 401 PCC, which i can see, though i can still manage to get a 403 outta mine, just barely.

i'm still waiting for a taller one that will fit an assembled 401 (possibly with interchangeable lids for shorter PV's) but this doesn't look like it will.

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've already pre-ordered a couple of the PowerPal units for the 401 auto. I was curious why they listed different models for the 401/402 myself, but in the end it didn't really matter to me because I only carry 401 batts anyway. I have a few 402 batteries but I never use them because you have to swap them so often.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
i noticed there were separate models of the PowerPal for m401, 402, m401 manuals and 601's (never heard of 601's?).

i'm figuring the 401 manual one will also fit regular 401's, just maybe a bit loosely.

i wonder if the 402 cases are shorter? my friend says his 402 batts are a lil hard to unscrew in his VOGUE 401 PCC, which i can see, though i can still manage to get a 403 outta mine, just barely.

i'm still waiting for a taller one that will fit an assembled 401 (possibly with interchangeable lids for shorter PV's) but this doesn't look like it will.

The PCC should all be the same. The difference is the batteries included in the kits. The ones you mentioned are awfully high priced imo. I get the same one (without the powerpal logo) for $36.99 from AEC and the individual PCC for $19.50.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I am pretty certain that the powerpal is the same PCC from Smoore. Even the design is very close. The difference being the powepal wording.

If that is the case, the PCC should only be one version. From my email exchanges with the manufacturer, there is only one size, it seems.

The optimum size is for the M402. It can also fit the M401 but i believe the cap of the PCC would not be able to shut completely. The M403 would still fit but not as well as the M402. I understand that it can charge both the manual and autos.

The supplier you mentioned might be confused as they have not even received their stocks yet. However, i might also be the one who's wrong about this but i'm leaning towards the manufacturer on this one.

Can't wait to get mine!!

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I really think they are the same thing since they both come from Smoore. Also price wise I am looking at the PCC alone they are about the same 30 plus 8 shipping 38 vs, 20 plus 15 shipping 35.

If you add some atties, manual batts, carts and even liquid, it would come down to some serious savings.

The starter kits are $36.99 at AEC but the other site has them for $59.99. Thats a lot of difference.

bg458

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
I know I am just trying to be nice to all suppliers, more people in business better for all.:)

If you add some atties, manual batts, carts and even liquid, it would come down to some serious savings.

The starter kits are $36.99 at AEC but the other site has them for $59.99. Thats a lot of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread