Not open for further replies.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Hello all,

I have been using a M402 Starter Kit (from Absolutely Ecigs) for 5 months i think. I bought it with Auto batteries, no problem with them.

However, i bought a couple of manual batteries from AE also, i have problem charging them with the PCC using the same procedure i use to charge the automatic ones:

Screwed the battery in,
Push the PCC button for 3 seconds, it starts to blink
The battery led on the PCC does some blinks

- For the auto batteries:
The PCC indicator led turns red (it is charging the screwed discharged battery)

- For the manual batteries:
The PCC indicator led turns off (not green neither red)

The manual battery is firmly screwed, it flashes after the PCC indicator led flashes but after that, no PCC red indicator led :( (no charging manual battery)

If still trying the procedure over and over, sometimes the PCC led turns red and it starts to charge the manual battery.

I have tried with another PCC's and manual batteries (i bought copule of starters kits with manual batteries), same result.

Any idea?

Maybe i am missing some procedure?

Excuseme for my bad english.

-Ariel

Last edited:

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
""The manual battery is firmly screwed, it flashes after the PCC indicator led flashes but after that, no PCC red indicator led (no sharging manual battery)""

My first PCC did the same thing, would take loads of tries to get my manual battery to connect for a charge.. Returned PCC for a replacement one and have had no problems with this one since but, it took the guy four tries before finding me PCC replacement that worked correctly...

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
I too have experienced this problem, out of 10 PCC's about 1/3rd of them would charge all manual batteries, the other 2/3rd's would charge SOME but not all of the manuals an interesting point is that it was the same battery that would not charge so it was something particular to that battery. I am trying to find out more about this problem, if I do I will post again.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I wrote an email to AE informing about this issue and this is what they replied to me:
(i have not tried it yet)

Dear Ariel,

Please try the below for resetting if the PCC is unable to charge the battery:

Try soft reset first, if that doesn't work then do a hard reset.
Soft reset:
1. Remove the battery from the charge slot in the PCC.
2. Hold the button until the green light comes on.
3. When the green light shuts off screw battery into the slot and charge.

Hard Reset:..
1. With battery screwed into the charging slot- hold down the button until the green light comes on and then let go.
2.As soon as the red/ green light comes on hold the button again for 4-5 more seconds.
3. Release button and wait for the red/green light to turn off.
4. Press and hold button for another 4-5 seconds(while red light turns back on. If red light didn't come on second time.... u may need to do a "soft reset" first)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
So glad I found this thread. I was having a hard time in the PCC with my one manual 402 battery with the taller button (my black & gold battery). A couple of times I didn't realize it wasn't charging while I used the other and ended up with zero charged batteries. But I tried the 3/4 of the way suggestion and it gave all indications of working. Yay!

Thank you!!!

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
No Prob Paisley! I was the one late responding.

I got my PCC mainly to charge batts when I went to bed. Hey, it's sposed to be "Smart". I had heard leaving a batt on a regular charger all night was not a good thing. I have now heard that when a reg charger turns green it is no longer charging and won't hurt tha batt. I am still not sure on all this.
Joe

F22B1 Tuner

Jan 10, 2010
Worcester, MA
Just a little tip when doing the "trick"
Ok so you know how I said 3/4ths of the way? well it was just a reference.
The whole idea is to let the PCC to go into charging mode without the M40X battery touching the charging contacts then screw it in as fast as you can.
Do it too early and it won't charge, do it too late and it won't charge. It's got to be just right.
It's a pain, I know. But I hope this helps.

Good Luck getting it working dormouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread