M401/Intellicig Evo/Pilot vs. Loongtotem V9/Smoke51/Eaze Magnum for vapor production?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
I've read a lot of posts regarding the great vapor production on the M401, but I'd like to know the experience of people who have tried both the M401 (or Intellicig Evo or Pilot) and the LoongTotem V9 (or Smoke51 or Eaze Magnum).

From the first, my Eaze Magnum with a stock cart produced MUCH more vapor than my Pilot does even with a refilled cart and dripping on the atomizer and it also has a stiffer draw that I prefer while the Pilot feels and sounds like I am sucking an empty straw.

Unfortunately, other than the vapor and the draw the Eaze Magnum is inferior in pretty much every way, but those are two pretty big pluses. With the Pilot do I just have to learn to accept much less vapor (haven't tried glycerin yet) or am I missing something?

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Nope, I've smoked both, and you've pretty much nailed it.

You forgot the nasty burning cardboard taste when you get near the end of the L.T. cart though, that should go in the minus column ;-)

Pilot/M401 will give some decent vapor if you puff on it a bit to warm it up, and it's probably second best to a L.T. style for a mini

Pilot is also 50x cheaper to smoke, since you can refill carts quick and easy though.

If you want the best of both worlds, get a cigar.

Huge easy to fill carts, big inexpensive battery, and ridiculous PLUMES of vapor ;-)

Tone

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
LI NY
I am having problems getting throat hits from the pilot and red dragon. The evo is giving me a throat hit equal to my 901.

How do you like th quality of the red dragon. Batteries, overall cart taste?
and where to you get your carts?
do you refill the carts when they dryout?
I have a red dragon coming tomorrow and was wondering if i need to order more carts or just order some juice?

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
I have a red dragon coming tomorrow and was wondering if i need to order more carts or just order some juice?

With my Eaze Magnum (similar to Red Dragon) the stock carts are pretty plain tasting and not strong enough, it tastes much better with a juice refill (and by the way, the juice tastes MUCH better than it does in the Pilot)... it's just such a pain to refill and to wait for the stock carts to get empty before you can refill.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
I would refer you to this thread (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...same-loong-totem-v9-magnum-smoke-51-cart.html) for info on refilling. I've refilled one of my carts around 3-4 times so far, but the outside of the cart becomes really shabby looking with refill stains and teeth marks for me, which I don't think is mentioned in that thread.

magnumcart.jpg

That is a big advantage of the plastic cart exterior of the Pilot...

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
What I do with my red dragon and mini e-cig (loongtotem clones) is when I start dripping the cartridges, I peel off the outer sticker. That leaves a nice shiny metal cartridge/atomizer that looks great. The added benefit is that the silicon plug is raised slightly and it's easy to pop off with my finger rather than trying to pop off the plug via the hole.

That should solve the bite marks. :D

lintz69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
Poconos, PA
I got a bloog in to review. Initial thoughts were "WOW" The vapor I got was more than ANY Ecig I have used yet. I mean Vapor so thick you can't see through it. VERY impressed. But couldn't get ANY throat hit. I would smoke and smoke and smoke, and not get a satisfied feeling. Neither from nicotine or throat. I refilled the cart with 36mg Menthol. Still no throat hit, nor flavor. But a trick I found is only put 3-4 drops right down the center. Not on the outside of the foam, but right down the center. NOW I am getting decent throat hit, and a nice buzz from it. Plus getting alot of vapor too.

This one went from "eh" to one of my favorites. I still have 4-5 more Ecigs to review, but this one is sitting in number 3 of my top 5 at the moment.

Look for my reviews coming soon.

Also, I agree with the cart getting ruined from the fluid. Not so bad from teeth, but definetly from fluid. I tried to rip some of the paper off, and left it with a stickyness on the metal. Oh well. The price of carts/atomizer it's not bad to buy more. At the price of ($10) for 4, I think I'll use a new cart/atomizer once a week. Takes price down to $10 a month. Still better than $10 a month for 901 atomizer plus carts...

I haven't tried any other loongtotem types, but am satisfied with bloog now that I found out how to get a nice throat hit.

providence

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
How do you like th quality of the red dragon. Batteries, overall cart taste?
and where to you get your carts?
do you refill the carts when they dryout?

Quality of the Red Dragon has been fine. The batteries aren't terrible. I've found mine last about 4 hours with decent vaping. Its not ideal, but with a spare battery on me it does the trick.
I couldn't tell ya how the carts taste as I don't taste a thing with them. I do receive an ever so slight throat hit when I use it now but still not that great of a throat hit.

As for refilling the carts, haven't tried it yet. I loaned out my red dragon to a friend who's trying to quit.

providence

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
I am having problems getting throat hits from the pilot and red dragon. The evo is giving me a throat hit equal to my 901.
The throat hit finally showed up on my pilot hyrbid. I'd say its now comparable to the evo throat hit, though I'd give the edge to the evo in this regard. But even with that being said, the pilot's throat hit is satisfying enough for me right now.

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I got a bloog in to review. Initial thoughts were "WOW" The vapor I got was more than ANY Ecig I have used yet. I mean Vapor so thick you can't see through it. VERY impressed. But couldn't get ANY throat hit. I would smoke and smoke and smoke, and not get a satisfied feeling. Neither from nicotine or throat. I refilled the cart with 36mg Menthol. Still no throat hit, nor flavor. But a trick I found is only put 3-4 drops right down the center. Not on the outside of the foam, but right down the center. NOW I am getting decent throat hit, and a nice buzz from it. Plus getting alot of vapor too.

This one went from "eh" to one of my favorites. I still have 4-5 more Ecigs to review, but this one is sitting in number 3 of my top 5 at the moment.

Look for my reviews coming soon.

Also, I agree with the cart getting ruined from the fluid. Not so bad from teeth, but definetly from fluid. I tried to rip some of the paper off, and left it with a stickyness on the metal. Oh well. The price of carts/atomizer it's not bad to buy more. At the price of ($10) for 4, I think I'll use a new cart/atomizer once a week. Takes price down to $10 a month. Still better than $10 a month for 901 atomizer plus carts...

I haven't tried any other loongtotem types, but am satisfied with bloog now that I found out how to get a nice throat hit.

For the stickyness, you just have to rub the glue off the metal with your finger. In a couple minutes, you'll have nice smooth stainless steel with no residue. As for dripping down the middle, that seems a bit risky since juice could run down into the battery but definitely keep us updated on how that's working for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread