Status
Not open for further replies.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
Here is my review for the m201 Pen Style e-cig from litecigusa.com.

m201 review from litecigusa.com Pit-Tube - Get drunk and video yourself

I put it on Pit Tube because I went a minute over the allowed time for youtube, but I am trying to put it up there as well right now.

I give it an 8 straight accross the board, even tho I gave the battery a 7 because of it's sensitivity.

The atomizer on the m201 is 2 1/2 time the size of a DSE801 pen.

This has great vapor and a throat hit the will knock you on your ..... I actualy had to cut my Hilton 24 juice half and half with VG and it's STILL too strong for my personal liking.

All in all a GREAT device. If you like pens, this is one you NEED for your collection.

I would have rated it higher than an 8 but after vaping for 2 days my throat is sore from the hit. As soon as I get the juice strength dialed down to something comfortable for my vaping I will re-review it.

This thing is seriously the hardest throat hit I personaly have experienced.

When I get it dialed in, I'm putting away my cigars and using this as my primary (until I get my pipe).

Enjoy and discuss.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
Quick question, are the parts with the 801 interchangable with the m201? I'm thinking mainly of threads of the atomizer. Was wondering if the atomizers would work in a JantyStick...

I had to try it... yes, it fits the 801 threads. I didn't use it, but did cheack to see if it fit.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
nice review

question, (though a little off topic) do all of these make the "crackling" noise? My VX2 doesn't really make it hardly at all, no matter how hard I pull. Should I pull out the cart material a little more or something or is it normal?

The only crackle or gurgling I get from the m201 is after my draw I can hear the sizzle a little bit in the atomizer.

My VX2 doesn't really crackle ever, but I get a gurling sound when drawing on it.

ViciousCircle

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
near Columbus, OH - USA
I had to try it... yes, it fits the 801 threads. I didn't use it, but did cheack to see if it fit.

That's great news. Based on your review, I'll probably order an m201 soon, and it'll be nice that I can order extra atomizers as well and they'll fit both it and most likely fit the JantyStick... it'll be extra nice if they give great vapor in the stick too.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
That's great news. Based on your review, I'll probably order an m201 soon, and it'll be nice that I can order extra atomizers as well and they'll fit both it and most likely fit the JantyStick... it'll be extra nice if they give great vapor in the stick too.

so wait , it fits... but will an 801 battery actually activate the atomizer?

Techno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
Fort Pierce, FL
I ordered 2 of these attys to try in the Stick and all I can say is WOW This is the best atty for the stick out there! Its draw is tight none of that empty straw draw you get from 801's and the vapor and throat hit is awesome! I Also want to say a very big thanks for the extras on this order. Im just blown away I will be ordering from Litecig again.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    so wait , it fits... but will an 801 battery actually activate the atomizer?

Yes, but....the M201 has a pair of holes in the battery threads, the DSE801 does not. You wind up basically - can't draw,' loosen it *very* slightly and it's workable, but not great, not enough 'tolerance' like a Greencig cart on a KR, hwhere you have 1/4 turn 'adjustment' and all is well.

The battery chargers are interchangeable (no real surprise there), and the carts will interchange, although my generic penstyle carts from JC, as well as the soft-tips from RD are (very) slightly loose..but can still 'mouth-hang' with them.

What figurehead is calling the atty I'm guessing is actually the atty wick, unless he's taken one apart?

The bridge/wick is indeed quite wide. The M201 is basically, a better 801, haven't picked up my 801 after comparing the two, and the M201 is actually being grabbed as much as my 510 lately. Slightly less vapor and throat hit, but a really good e-cig. Get one if you like the 801.

Check vid reviews section for my vid on it..had thought it was a total 801 clone, until I got my 801, so ignore a few comments there.

Rocking e-cig. I like it *better* now than the inital review I did on it.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2009
    South Florida
    www.VapingGuides.com
    ...the M201 has a pair of holes in the battery threads, the DSE801 does not.

Aw.:( I was hoping to get an even better atty for my 801 (which I love) and for the Puresmoker PT that I have on order. For the latter, I'll double check in the PS subforum about compatibility.

...The M201 is basically, a better 801 ... Get one if you like the 801.

Rocking e-cig. I like it *better* now than the inital review I did on it.

Yeah, I wondered about that. Despite your good numeric ratings, you seemed unenthused about the M201 in your video review. And the vapor production in the review (even in the black backdrop section at the end) was unimpressive.

In contrast, I'm very impressed with my 801's vapor production (e.g., much better than the KR808D-1 that I started with). And I am surprised that you find the 501's vapor production and throat hit to surpass the much larger (cart, atty and battery) penstyle. I guess I can see why the 510 has become so popular (even if the battery life sucks, relatively).

seadooman

ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2009
    socal
    Here is my review for the m201 Pen Style e-cig from litecigusa.com.

m201 review from litecigusa.com Pit-Tube - Get drunk and video yourself

I put it on Pit Tube because I went a minute over the allowed time for youtube, but I am trying to put it up there as well right now.

I give it an 8 straight accross the board, even tho I gave the battery a 7 because of it's sensitivity.

The atomizer on the m201 is 2 1/2 time the size of a DSE801 pen.

This has great vapor and a throat hit the will knock you on your ..... I actualy had to cut my Hilton 24 juice half and half with VG and it's STILL too strong for my personal liking.

All in all a GREAT device. If you like pens, this is one you NEED for your collection.

I would have rated it higher than an 8 but after vaping for 2 days my throat is sore from the hit. As soon as I get the juice strength dialed down to something comfortable for my vaping I will re-review it.

This thing is seriously the hardest throat hit I personaly have experienced.

When I get it dialed in, I'm putting away my cigars and using this as my primary (until I get my pipe).

Enjoy and discuss.

Figurehead, Based on your review of the M201 I purchased one from Shawn,Wow now I know what they mean by a throat hit.I had several DSE701's which were very good for vapor production but I always tried to get the highest nic content there was,but that has all changed now. I can barely tolerate 24mg with the M201.Long story short I just received another kit and placed an order for more attys.The cigars are now only for emergency's.
    Thanks again :rolleyes:

seadooman

ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2009
    socal
    I ordered 2 of these attys to try in the Stick and all I can say is WOW This is the best atty for the stick out there! Its draw is tight none of that empty straw draw you get from 801's and the vapor and throat hit is awesome! I Also want to say a very big thanks for the extras on this order. Im just blown away I will be ordering from Litecig again.

Techno, Is that the janty stick?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread