LR BOGE cartomizer with Smoktech DCT Tank dry issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzice777

Jun 25, 2012
Malaysia
Hi all..

I'm using EGO-T 1300 mAh with one hole, pre punched LR XL BOGE carto and Smoktech 3.5ml DCT Tank. vaping 80pg/20vg Bluebrrry e-liquid from Tasty Vapor.

New to this setup as i already tried using atomizer and clearomizer but unsatisfied with them both. Atomizer requires a lot of work and clearomizer really muted the flavor.

Just using it for 2 days now, and loving it.!!

My question is, i notice something odd. When i take the mouth tip off, i see that the top of the fibre inside the carto is dry even with my tank is half full. I still have the gurgling sound when i vape, with rich flavor and nice throat hit. I read that the gurgling means that the carto is working fine. So should i drip some liquid into the carto or i don't have to? Is it normal for the fibre on top of the carto to dry, even when using a tank?

Hoping to get answers from experienced vapers. TQ.

Happy vaping..

izzice777

Jun 25, 2012
Malaysia
Mine has stayed dry at the top for months. No gurgling tho, I'm not sure gurgling is considered normal- I'd blow it out. It's usually a sign of flooding- not uncommon with carto tanks until you get used to filling them.

Guess it is my mistake of topping the juice at the top of the carto makes it flooding. Now just leaving it dry at the top, and the vaping surely improve big time. Enjoying this setup a lot now..!!!

danzac

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
CA
I asked the same question over at Parks Vaping when I got a Chibi Tank and my carto stayed dry. I was told this is the norm with tanks. Too bad I read the email reply a little late, as I punch another hole in my carto and it not only filled to the top, but it flooded the carto. It's the dual coil cartos you top off because there is another coil up the top half of the carto. Single coil your good to go keep it dry and your getting the crackling sound with easy flowing vaping. Once you flood it, the draw is hard and there is no air flow. Ejuice gets in your mouth and it spills down the center breathe tube. It feels and draws like a very used up carto. Hope this helps. :)

ebbrey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norway
Yeah it is.. All my boges are dry at the top when "bottom" feed through a a tank using a slot or two. Ive recently started to only use one slot as i had issues with gurgeling/flooding the carto. The trick is to only let the bottom be soaked enough for good vapor production on every hit. Depends alot of the juice really to get the exact "hole" needed atleast this is important for my vaping :)

Happy vaping summer!

danzac

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
CA
I asked the same question over at Parks Vaping when I got a Chibi Tank and my carto stayed dry. I was told this is the norm with tanks. Too bad I read the email reply a little late, as I punch another hole in my carto and it not only filled to the top, but it flooded the carto. It's the dual coil cartos you top off because there is another coil up the top half of the carto. Single coil your good to go keep it dry and your getting the crackling sound with easy flowing vaping. Once you flood it, the draw is hard and there is no air flow. Ejuice gets in your mouth and it spills down the center breathe tube. It feels and draws like a very used up carto. Hope this helps. :)

I solved my problem with the dry issue. I switched out the cart and placed a Fluxomizer with a hole screwed in at the bottom. Just like a punched cart. Works Great!! I think I will try it on the Acorn also.
Mods 002a.jpg Chibi.jpg Mods 001a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread