LR atty / DC cartos / VV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdnBison

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok, so I'm a dedicated, though relatively new, vaper.

I started with a RN4081. Decent, and I still use it to test juices on, but I upgraded.

Enter the Echo - 1300mah, 3ml carto. It's great. Lasts me all day, and I keep a couple extra cartos on hand in case I want to swap flavors.

The question - I'm looking at a bottom feeder. However, i'd also like to dabble with VV. Does it make that much of a difference? Is the effect simulated by using either LR atty's or DC cartos? Pros / Cons of each setup?

I'm looking at a few different mods - the GripVV and Reo in particular (although not just those). I know the Reo is the bee's knees, but doesn't do VV.

Can I trouble y'all for a touch of advice on the matter?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
It depends on how hot you like your vapor. I tried a 5v PT for a while and I had to get off the button a couple of seconds before finishing my draw to keep from getting the vapor too hot to suit me. Lots of folks with a vv talk about being able to dial it in to whatever carto or atty they're using. I can see the advantage to that, but I can hit my sweet spot with my 3.7v e-power, using ce2s, duel coils, and 2.5 ohm attys. I really don't need anything else.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
It depends on how hot you like your vapor. I tried a 5v PT for a while and I had to get off the button a couple of seconds before finishing my draw to keep from getting the vapor too hot to suit me. Lots of folks with a vv talk about being able to dial it in to whatever carto or atty they're using. I can see the advantage to that, but I can hit my sweet spot with my 3.7v e-power, using ce2s, duel coils, and 2.5 ohm attys. I really don't need anything else.

I didn't know e-power could handle dual coil current load.

They keep producing new gear so you will always "need" more toys.

ericdjobs

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2011
Northern CA
I didn't know e-power could handle dual coil current load.

They keep producing new gear so you will always "need" more toys.

The e-power really cannot, unless you rock the 18650 version. The 14650 version simply can't push the current, you get major voltage sag and a really cool vape (some people dig this). You figure it's powered by a single 1050mah battery, with a max discharge rate of 1.5C, so let's say 1.5A... definitely not enough to power a dual-coil carto. And the trustfire "1300" mAh 14650s do a SLIGHTLY better job, but not even close to satisfactory.. at least for me.

What I did, and worked very well, was make a battery spacer and use an AW IMR 14500 in the e-power, powers up dual-coils MUCH better... but not for very long! This appears to be the only way to handle the current load.

Oh, and the e-power isn't regulated at all. I've seen various threads where vendors claim it is... but it is not! I've tested it with my meter and it's the same as any other mod running on a 3.7v battery. It throws 4.2 unloaded off the charger, and gradually decreases with usage. Of course this drops when loaded, depending on the demand placed on the battery.. let time i hooked up my meter in parallel with a dual coil it was dropping to **3.4v***... stock lithium ion battery cannot handle the current.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
For $50 bucks the later Boge Revolution V2 1400mah looks interesting.
10ml juice feeder built in.

Just ordered one to try out.

It's a 3.7v box stock. I'd like to see if modders can go into one and hook the batteries up in a series instead of the current parallel config and pop in a VV regulator (Some semi-conductor makers will send you a free sample or two). I'm guessing it'd drop it to a 700mah unit that way...it's an interesting battery type...would be nice to learn what they can do.

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
For $50 bucks the later Boge Revolution V2 1400mah looks interesting.
10ml juice feeder built in.

Just ordered one to try out.

It's a 3.7v box stock. I'd like to see if modders can go into one and hook the batteries up in a series instead of the current parallel config and pop in a VV regulator (Some semi-conductor makers will send you a free sample or two). I'm guessing it'd drop it to a 700mah unit that way...it's an interesting battery type...would be nice to learn what they can do.

Nice lookin PV:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread