Lowering nic unintentionally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blujess

Mar 7, 2014
United States
I have read about this happening over weeks or months but in only 8 days after quitting "analogs" though??

Started at 14 and 18 switching off 18 in the morning or after meals when I needed more nic, etc.

Day 7 I dropped to 12 exclusively, 14 was getting to be too much and definitely 18 was too much.

Day 8 now still vaping 12 exclusively, no switching nic levels during the day any more as of yesterday on day 7, but find I want to vape more for the pleasure in the experience and not the nic because I am finding I love the flavor and ritual but am having to put down my vape a lot because after just a few drags the 12 is too much already. I know the drop from 14 to 12 is minimal but the 14 was really feeling too high, and so is the 12 now...but when I started a week ago the 14 was not high enough it felt like, hence the occasional 18 when cravings got bad, barely keeping me off analogs, but it was.

What could be contributing to this? Is it because after 8 days no analogs my body is detoxing from the extra stuff in cigs that now my body is "cleaner" and so I require less nic? Or..? I'm just curious if there's a science behind this!

Also, should I try 6 now? That's a big drop. Or mix a 6 and a 12 to get a 9? I don't have anything lower than my bottles of 12 so I'm stuck with 12 til I get a new order in. I think I should order some 6.

For reference I vape 2 mls a day, roughly. Honestly I'd vape more if I had less nic lol, as weird as that sounds. But I love this flavor and I keep thinking "Man I really want to vape but I feel like I have plenty nic in my body, I just want to taste this without getting more nic yet!" ...crazy, right? I haven't gotten "nic sick" or had overdose symptoms at all, just a feeling that I am plenty fine on nic and don't need or want more in my system.

Let me know your thoughts!

Reactions: David Wolf

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Cigarettes have several addictive properties so the higher nicotine is needed to get through that initial transition. Some folks find they can then quickly drop their nicotine strength.

I suggest you get some 6mg while you still have some 12mg. Using the 6mg the majority of the time and save the 12mg for those stronger urges.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I have read about this happening over weeks or months but in only 8 days after quitting "analogs" though??

Started at 14 and 18 switching off 18 in the morning or after meals when I needed more nic, etc.

Day 7 I dropped to 12 exclusively, 14 was getting to be too much and definitely 18 was too much.

Day 8 now still vaping 12 exclusively, no switching nic levels during the day any more as of yesterday on day 7, but find I want to vape more for the pleasure in the experience and not the nic because I am finding I love the flavor and ritual but am having to put down my vape a lot because after just a few drags the 12 is too much already. I know the drop from 14 to 12 is minimal but the 14 was really feeling too high, and so is the 12 now...but when I started a week ago the 14 was not high enough it felt like, hence the occasional 18 when cravings got bad, barely keeping me off analogs, but it was.

What could be contributing to this? Is it because after 8 days no analogs my body is detoxing from the extra stuff in cigs that now my body is "cleaner" and so I require less nic? Or..? I'm just curious if there's a science behind this!

Also, should I try 6 now? That's a big drop. Or mix a 6 and a 12 to get a 9? I don't have anything lower than my bottles of 12 so I'm stuck with 12 til I get a new order in. I think I should order some 6.

For reference I vape 2 mls a day, roughly. Honestly I'd vape more if I had less nic lol, as weird as that sounds. But I love this flavor and I keep thinking "Man I really want to vape but I feel like I have plenty nic in my body, I just want to taste this without getting more nic yet!" ...crazy, right? I haven't gotten "nic sick" or had overdose symptoms at all, just a feeling that I am plenty fine on nic and don't need or want more in my system.

Let me know your thoughts!

I had to start at 6, because anything stronger just made me nauseous. When I quit cigarettes, I had to go up a little, but never went higher than 10mg. Now down to 8mg.

Andria

Kriengsak Wangdulyakiti

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
I read many vapers lowering nic unintentionally and I think it is normal but no any science study yet, I think most of studies are to find danger of vaping. It may makes them busy for another decade on that before some may start to study the positive side of vaping. I am not worrying to lower my nic I will lower it when my body tell me. I am now at 4.5mg on sub ohm coil. I would order 6mg or 3mg for the flavor I really like and want to vape whole day long during my weekend. It is totally normal due to enjoyment of flavor not nic requirement.

blujess

Mar 7, 2014
United States
what wattage
I'm not sure..? I don't have a device that has variable wattage...still newer to this on the technical aspect.
I am now using the Ego One Mini, and on Joyetech's site they have this info:
"Q: What is the output voltage/wattage and the resistance range of eGo-ONE?
A: The eGo-ONE features a direct-output battery with protective circuit module, so its output voltage/wattage is not constant, they will reduce as the battery power decreases. The probable range of output voltage is: 3.2V-3.8V. And the range of output wattage is 20W-30W(0.5ohm head); 10W-15W(1.0ohm). Also please make sure that the resistance of atomizer head should be controlled between 0.3Ω-5Ω. NOTE: The data above are based on atomizers from Joyetech brand."
I am using the 1.0 ohm

blujess

Mar 7, 2014
United States
I read many vapers lowering nic unintentionally and I think it is normal but no any science study yet, I think most of studies are to find danger of vaping. It may makes them busy for another decade on that before some may start to study the positive side of vaping. I am not worrying to lower my nic I will lower it when my body tell me. I am now at 4.5mg on sub ohm coil. I would order 6mg or 3mg for the flavor I really like and want to vape whole day long during my weekend. It is totally normal due to enjoyment of flavor not nic requirement.
Good to know, and awesome you are at 4.5, I want to get to 3 if I can and just coast there for a while.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm not sure..? I don't have a device that has variable wattage...still newer to this on the technical aspect.
I am now using the Ego One Mini, and on Joyetech's site they have this info:
"Q: What is the output voltage/wattage and the resistance range of eGo-ONE?
A: The eGo-ONE features a direct-output battery with protective circuit module, so its output voltage/wattage is not constant, they will reduce as the battery power decreases. The probable range of output voltage is: 3.2V-3.8V. And the range of output wattage is 20W-30W(0.5ohm head); 10W-15W(1.0ohm). Also please make sure that the resistance of atomizer head should be controlled between 0.3Ω-5Ω. NOTE: The data above are based on atomizers from Joyetech brand."
I am using the 1.0 ohm

10 watts at 12mg isn't overly high.
You can try diluting with 6mg.

I dilute my liquids with vg+10% water

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The phenomenon of people lowering their nicotine intake over time is well-documented on this forum.
It has been going on for years, even before sub-ohming started to muddy the waters.

Nobody really understands why this happens.
But it certainly flys in the face of commonly held beliefs about nicotine and addiction.

Addicts are supposed to develop tolerance, and constantly INCREASE their intake.
We don't see that happening here at all.

Yes, there are some here that can't drop down in nicotine levels without repercussions.
But they are in the minority for the most part.

And there are very, very, very, very few that have really gone UP over time.
In other words, something is wrong with the conventional wisdom.

blujess

Mar 7, 2014
United States
The phenomenon of people lowering their nicotine intake over time is well-documented on this forum.
It has been going on for years, even before sub-ohming started to muddy the waters.

Nobody really understands why this happens.
But it certainly flys in the face of commonly held beliefs about nicotine and addiction.

Addicts are supposed to develop tolerance, and constantly INCREASE their intake.
We don't see that happening here at all.

Yes, there are some here that can't drop down in nicotine levels without repercussions.
But they are in the minority for the most part.

And there are very, very, very, very few that have really gone UP over time.
In other words, something is wrong with the conventional wisdom.

Also good to know. Really good. My goal with vaping as I'd planned for a long, long while 'til I finally thought I was ready to ditch analogs, and now still the plan since I have, was always to lower nic until I was either at 0 or the lowest possible mg I could handle. This is, thankfully, looking more and more possible each day, and I am ever grateful for that.

Reactions: ykalon

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
It's fine,

I've been going up and down the nic levels for years now,sometimes dependent on the device/or build I am using,(let not get into that yet)

I started at 36mg (that was years ago,)
Then after a few weeks town to 12-6,
Recent years occasionally went up on different occasions then down again

For the meantime,we have nothing as of yet to worry about nic,no solid studies.

Just enjoy,
I do suggest having some 3mg around of your favorite flavor so if you wanted to just vape for the whole day,you can enjoy your flavors without having the need to stop.

On normal days ,use the nic level that urges you stop,so you can actually do something and stop vaping ;),and not vape your budget away as well :)

Sent from my AMOI N820 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
i started at 12mg during my first and the second week im down to 6mg. i like to chain vape a lot, partly to curb the withdrawal and 12mg was making me a little sick and dizzy.

That was me; at first I chain-vaped every waking minute, and even 12mg was far too strong. Once I was able to relax, and the cigarettes were gone, I went up a bit, but never did get all the way to 12mg.

Andria

blujess

Mar 7, 2014
United States
Are you using tank or dripping?
I can suggest dropping your nic to 3mg, its just enough to satisfy your needs.
Although it is low, your body will eventually get accustomed to it.
using tank. Idk if 3 is right at the moment only 8 days into my analog quit because I have seen warnings that even if you feel good not to drop THAT much that fast or else relapse to analogs becomes more possible...so...I'm thinking....12 is a bit much now, 6 is prob a better drop than 3. 6 is half of what I'm at now. I DID order 3's tho, just in case.

Reactions: Dan011z

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
using tank. Idk if 3 is right at the moment only 8 days into my analog quit because I have seen warnings that even if you feel good not to drop THAT much that fast or else relapse to analogs becomes more possible...so...I'm thinking....12 is a bit much now, 6 is prob a better drop than 3. 6 is half of what I'm at now. I DID order 3's tho, just in case.
3 should be a lot better in my opinion. 12 is actually really harsh for a lot of people.

Kriengsak Wangdulyakiti

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
Hi again I have time now and after I gather all your information I think you will need to lower nic intentionally now. Your old device is e-lectron L using 2.4ohm C2 atomizer. Now you step up to use 1ohm. You probably need to lower nic strength from 12mg/ml to 6 or 9 mg/ml.
We are in the same route. I was in 9mg/ml at 2.2ohm for 1.5 years and step up to Ego One 1ohm. I have to lower nic to 4.5mg/ml to feel comfortable.
2.4ohm give less vapor than 1ohm because it use less wattage power (energy) to fire. You can see from joytech info as the example: output wattage is 20W-30W(0.5ohm head); 10W-15W(1.0ohm). The sub ohm 0.5 will need double power and this power transfer to heat coil and from heat transfer to vapor. Double power mean double vapor in single draw. That mean you get double nic amount as well.
You body now consume 24mg of nic per day because you use nic strenth 12mg/ml for 2 ml per day. When you lower nic strength to let say 6mg/ml your body will require 4ml to get what it uses to be.
This is roughly calculation don't take it seriously. Your body will tell you what it need and suitable for you.

blujess

Mar 7, 2014
United States
Also idk if this is correct but I have seen a lot of people say that they can vape several mls of juice a day. Like upwards of 5. My tank is only a 1.8 ml tank. As of today it's 3 am here and I will be going to bed soon and as of now I have only vaped just over half this tank of juice since I woke up until now almost bed time. At 12 mg. So idk if that is considered really low. I figured 2 ml was a good guess if I do on some days use a teeny bit more but since I started vaping the MOST I ever used in a day was 3 ml total, on the first couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread