Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
Lately there have been too many thoughts running through this vast and twisted pile of gooey gross stuff inside this large bone mass sitting on top of my neck! I've been questioning the percentage of flavorings I have been using in my recipes. The one major concern or dilemma I have been torn with are facts behind the flavorings. What are the facts? (a very simple question that will take time, money, willingness and participation amongst the leaders and developers in our community). I hope we get there.

Until then, I have somewhat eased the agony in the rubble amidst the bone. First I had to ask myself, "What flavors did I enjoy while I was smoking?" The Marlboro Mango....The Winston Waffle...The Salem Spearmint....or was it the Cuban Cherry? I laughed from within the bone and realized this is peer pressure silliness. We have people in our community who vape straight V.G. Why? I asked with a couple of pm's....answer: No facts for flavorings.

I'm not asking anyone to change anything about how they mix...I would only like to share what I have found to work for me with very little flavoring. I have become a total V.G. Vapor guy excluding the P.G. found in flavorings. I no longer use alcohol to cut ethyl malto crystals....I dissolve them in V.G. in the microwave for about 8 seconds. I use one half a teaspoon per 30 ml. bottle of V.G. This is now the V.G. I use for the mix.

I cut the whole 5 ml. bottle of this Samara Botane Aromatic Apothecary: TOBACCO ABSOLUTE in a glass 30 ml. euro dropper bottle filled three quarters with P.G.A. 190 proof. This is now my T.A. mix.

I now use 60 mg. V.G. nic liquid to cut with instead of 100 mg....reason....I no longer need to measure precisely to the drop and is simple to get very close to my 30 mg. habit.

MY MIX.....and there are endless flavors that will work but for now...just this one..

1. 30 ml. glass euro dropper bottle to mix in
2. Fill almost half way with 60 mg unflavored nic liquid.
3. Fill to where the bottle starts to round out at the top with V.G. ethyl malto mix.
4. 3 to 4 drops of the T.A. mix.
5. My Capellas cinnamon custard mix....10 drops. A basic mix c.d.s, v.c. and waffle, add a few distilled water drops if you want to thin....one or two drops sweetener if you want....I don't do it much though.

Flavor is good, vapor is great and throat hit is a 12. Not sure why the TH is so good but it is.

I use the same base mix with T.A.for everything now. I just used the base with 4 drops of raspberry from Capella and the flavor is great. For some reason the T.A. seems to compliment and add to the fullness of the mix.

I hope some of you can find this useful in your mixes to come. I feel better about vaping a lower percentage flavor mix while not giving up any flavor. By the way...what percentage would 10 drops flavoring be in a 30 ml. bottle? Anyone need any beakers:p
I see no reason you couldn't substitute pg and a different em mix...or a different flavor supplier. It's the T.A. that makes the difference IMO. Start with the smoke...then go for the flavor.:2c: if you decide to use splendex or another type sweetener please remember, only a drop or two maximum for a 30 ml. mix and it will steep over time. My clearish light color cinnamon smoke vape has turned to a bold red in two weeks time.:)
One more thing...IMHO this has taken care of all the measuring hassle and time I don't have to spend on mixing up something that tastes great!

nofalls

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Tucson, AZ
The color change of the nic liquid could be due to the nic oxidizing. I have almost a liter of 54 that is a light pink color now. I do not know if oxygen will disolve in PG and then affect the nic that was added later over time.

If you want to get a feel for percentages in your mixes measure what a drop is for the liquid and from what container it is dispensed from. Simple to drip into an open syringe and see the liquid move up the marks. Grab a copy of Scubadatdan's calculator and do a little playing. Flavor is 0 nic added by volume to some known nic liquid and so on. Or post what you are seeing and I can promiss you someone will sit down and figure out the percentages. :) Shoot, I like doing stuff like that.

How the flavor comes through has (I'm told and have found for myself) a lot to do with how one is vaping the liquid. I mostly use an ego with a 510 atty and regular cart. I mix Lorann's Mango at 15%, 18mg/ml ~75%pg/25%vg and love it. Works for me with the equipment I have. For my KR8 w/ cartos I only use a creme de menth mix at 5%, 18mg/ml 75/25. It works and tastes like the first e-cig carts I paid way too much for. It only took me 3 months to figure that recipe out. :facepalm: Than said the same liquid in my ego setup tastes much more harsh. It also has much more throat hit on a 5v KR8 pass through.

What are you vaping from? What voltage and so on. All of these things can affect the vape. Not to mention our own perception of any given input.

Thank you for sharing. I have not tried many of the flavors I have a low concentrations... I will have to give that a run!

Springbird

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Connecticut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread