Lower nic level satisfaction - have an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascloud

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2013
West New York, NJ
I understand when you quit smoking you start at 18mg+ nicotine. So I did. But due to increased tinnitus (ringing in ears) I can't :( :( I've had tinnitus for about 3 years...quit smoking/started vaping about 2 weeks ago and it's been extra loud ringing ever since. I tried 0 and 6mg juice earlier today as my first vape to test the ringing volume and sure enough, the ringing did not elevate like it does with higher doses of nicotine. However - I wasn't satisfied!! There just wasn't enough of a filling feeling it seemed like. I have pulled hard enough to start to taste burning (yuck) just to feel SOMETHING. I want to ask what I'm missing? But it's probably the nicotine. *sigh* Is there anything I can do? Is it throat hit or more vapor? Flavors that are best? PG/VG percentages? Better equipment? I'm at a loss.

Thanks for any input/advice!

FYI - I have an eGo C-Twist and Kanger Evod.

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Menthol can give lower nic juices a kick for the throat hit. I never smoked menthol stinkies in my life, but I VAPE a lot of menthol juices. I too have tinnitus. Can't promise you it will get better, as each case is different. But I have 3 or 4 good days, then 1 or 2 bad. I do between 6mg to 10mg nic. When I quit smoking and started vaping, everything cleared out of my head, therefore my ears rang louder. They eventually adjusted. Menthol helps throat hit. Good luck & VAPE ON:vapor:

pascloud

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2013
West New York, NJ
Menthol can give lower nic juices a kick for the throat hit. I never smoked menthol stinkies in my life, but I VAPE a lot of menthol juices. I too have tinnitus. Can't promise you it will get better, as each case is different. But I have 3 or 4 good days, then 1 or 2 bad. I do between 6mg to 10mg nic. When I quit smoking and started vaping, everything cleared out of my head, therefore my ears rang louder. They eventually adjusted. Menthol helps throat hit. Good luck & VAPE ON:vapor:

Do you recall how long it took for the ringing to adjust?

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I understand when you quit smoking you start at 18mg+ nicotine.
I didn't. Anything above 10mg was too strong for me from the very beginning. It left my tongue and throat feeling as if I had chemical burns. I vape 6mg. The level you find helpful (to quit smoking) and comfortable (to avoid symptoms such as wooziness or tinnitus or whatever) is entirely personal.

I tried 0 and 6mg juice earlier today as my first vape to test the ringing volume and sure enough, the ringing did not elevate like it does with higher doses of nicotine. However - I wasn't satisfied!
If you're not getting enough nicotine, you could increase the amount of vaping you do rather than the mgs of nicotine. If you need throat hit, try some of the other recommendations, like a larger PG to VG ratio. You might also try a nicotine level between 18 and 6, such as 12. :)

bizziboi

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
So here's the thing. Tinnitus can be caused by nicotine withdrawal, so you may be misreading the signals (even though that wouldn't explain why you didn't get it at lower levels).
Having said that, tinnitus sure as heck can get worse once you are focused on it (I have it too).

A thing that makes a huge difference for me is indeed the throat hit (and I guess it could be described as filling feeling indeed because you literally feel the smoke hitting the back of your throat so you feel like you sucked in a good drag), and higher nic will give that. Some other flavors will as well (cinnamon for some, menthol for others - I can't stand menthol).

Lastly, I find nothing matches a cigarette. It's not just the nicotine that you crave apparently the whole mix of nasty chemicals causes your body to produce endorphins to fight the battle (or so I've been told) and a less damaging alternative will never quite replicate that.

But it sure can help you pull through, where other replacements fail miserably.

Good luck!

pascloud

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2013
West New York, NJ
I SO wish I would've started vaping at 6mg. Maybe it would've stuck. Tomorrow I am going to try to go 6mg with a menthol flavor all day. No more, no less. We'll see how it goes. I should probably keep myself busy too. I've been glued to my computer vaping away all day every day.

I did read that tinnitus is a symptom of nicotine withdrawal, but I just had a feeling it was the nicotine in the juice...because it would start "raging", as I call it, after I vape with the TH being the trigger, I guess. Then sorta stay raging for a long time. :( This morning, when I tried 6mg, it didn't rage...just stayed like it was before. Maybe I can find an 8 or 10mg somewhere?? Hmmmmmm. I'll update tomorrow!

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Maybe I can find an 8 or 10mg somewhere?
There are juice makers who do that. Avail Vapor, for example, has 8mg as their "low" number.

But you can get almost any number by mixing the right ratios of a higher and lower nic level. If I wanted 3mg, I could mix 6mg with 0mg in a half-and-half, for example.

pascloud

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2013
West New York, NJ
There are juice makers who do that. Avail Vapor, for example, has 8mg as their "low" number.

But you can get almost any number by mixing the right ratios of a higher and lower nic level. If I wanted 3mg, I could mix 6mg with 0mg in a half-and-half, for example.

Brilliant!!! LOL Didn't think about that. OK...so it's 8mg tomorrow. Just a little (throat) hit, pleeeeease?? *junkie*

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
I hadn't heard about tinnitus being affected by nicotine before reading this post. I started vaping at 36mg/ml in March and am now down to 6mg/ml and I haven't noticed anything different. The ringing intensity has always fluctuated louder and softer now I see that it could be due to how much I smoked before and now how much I vape plus the nicotine level I'm using. I learn something new every time I I visit the ECF, thanks to all for your input.

I'm proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread