Loranns Free? and VG question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Houston, TX
"Just specify in notes on checkout that you want a LORANNS-FREE liquid and we'll hook you up! "

Newb question (s) - Is there a reason that one would not want Loranns liquid? Are there pros and cons to the Loranns?

VG - been vaping the stuff from China a bit (18mg PG) and get a headache/dizzy like my body does not like PG. I notice that TV uses PG as a base and adds VG in a percentage. I also have been vaping some predominately VG 12mg (flavoring mixed with PG) and have no problems with it, but it does not satisfy the nic fit entirely and find myself going outside for an analog a lot of the time. SO, kinda curious if others have seemed to have a problem with PG in the past, grabbed some TV liquid with say a 35% VG mix and had no problems with it.

Another scenario:

1. Grab a bottle of X e-liquid at TV - 24mg 35% VG
2. Grab a doubler of the same X e-liquid - 100% VG

Then hit the calculator that Redgirl provided in another thread and put in the numbers (Thanks Red!)

eJuice Recipe Calculator

Target: highest VG based e-liquid at 12mg Nic as possible.

Nicotine Base: 24mg
Target Nic Level: 12
Amount to create: 20ml

Solution (per the calculator)

PG or VG with nicotine 10.0 ml 50.0%
PG or VG (no nicotine) 6.0 ml 30.0%
Water 0.0 ml 0.0%
Flavoring(s) 4.0 ml 20.0%

Ok in this scenario, I grab the nic juice (24mg 35%VG) which is 50% of the liquid, or in this case 32.5% PG in the total combined recipe above if I do the following:

10 ml PG (35% VG) NIC + 6 ml (100% VG) doubler + 4 ml (100% VG) flavoring which again is the doubler = 20ml. So I believe I am looking at a finished recipe of 67.5% VG base and 32.5% PG mix that has a 12mg nic level. Is this correct and if so, would it make the e-juice not taste as intended?

Hope this made sense and thank you for those that respond to my crazy ideas :p

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Newb question (s) - Is there a reason that one would not want Loranns liquid? Are there pros and cons to the Loranns?

Tasty Vapor got new Flavoring made for him that has no Loranns. I think he was just looking for a different and bolder flavor. But then I don't know.

Is this correct and if so, would it make the e-juice not taste as intended?

I think you are on the right track. I do the same thing but I mix to about 24mg. Also I think in the calculator you can make a mix that has no flavoring. That would be what you want to use for Tasty Vapor Liquid. This is because his Liquid and Doubler both have flavoring.

BTW the I have had some of the same experiences with the juice from China. I have never liked it and got headaches from using it. I have not had the same issues with Tasty Vapor.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Yep. Some people just don't like Loranns, some say it has a chemical or "artificial" undertaste, or flat. It's the easiest to get ahold of for DIYers, though, and it's popular for that.

Geoff manages to conjure excellent taste out of many Loranns flavors, which has really impressed me. It sounds like they aren't the greatest wholesale supplier, though, and that seems to be one reason he wants to diversify -- plus getting bolder and more unique flavors that don't take so much torturing to perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread