Looking to get into rebuildable attys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryfreedom66

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
FL
Hey everyone. I've been using hh357 attys the last few months and while they are great I like the idea of DIY attys (plus would like to save some $). The problem is there are SO MANY rebuildables available and everyone has a different opinion on which is best. So I'm gonna break down my needs and hopefully someone can recommend one for me (or even better a consensus will be reached).

I am new to rebuildables so nothing too complicated (I've used a vivi nova before but never had much luck as far as flavor and vapor production and had a lot of burnt hits). I use a provari, it would have to be pocket friendly and durable...and I'm open to tank or drip.

Also the cheaper the better although I would like a quality product...

thanks for any help I can get!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    There are several rba's that are good, and everyone will have some reason why they like one better than the others. (some things never change) :lol:

A lot of the RBA's remind me of why I didn't like 901 atties with all the leaking out the hole in the side, but at least you could get a drip shield for a 901.
    I can lay my A7's down on their side with no fear of them leaving a puddle of juice behind. Besides, an atty with a sealed center post is kinda pointless on a Reo.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Good luck - you want the best of ALL worlds
    Been looking at stuff for 8 months and never came across anything PERFECT.

I have a couple of IGO-L's and UFO's both decent, but not perfect, several tank designs - all capable of leaking and a slew of clearo designs that take turns traveling to work. my Cartomizers usually tag along.

Lyle Devine

ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2012
    Mid-west U.S.
    A lot of people like (for pocket carry) screw on caps for Genesis style attys, the DID Temon (D16) fits my Provari Mini nicely, doesn't hang over the edge, anything over 19mm in diameter will look sort of funny IMO. The DID genesis attys are pricey but if you ever brake anything the parts are often in stock and can be shipped out quick.

Tarnacc

ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2011
    south texas
    "beginner" rebuildable... phoenix style dripping atomizer. They are very cheap, easy to work with and the build options are very broad. You can use silica, cotton or mesh. single or double coils and they use so little wick that you can make them go for a long long time on a small amount of materials. the down side is they will leak if not near vertical. I carry mine in a shirt pocket all the time and it works fine but pants pocket not so much.

If the no-leak pocket friendly thing is the biggest concern then I encourage you to have another go with your vivi novas. Very easy build, pocket friendly, cheap and a large capacity. You lose a little flavor when compared against something like the phoenix or AGA-T but like the man said, you cant have everything.

I was pretty blah about my novas as well until I tried cheese cloth wicks. Now they are a staple for me.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Near Dallas Texas
    I have several tube mods, mechanical and VV, and various tanks but they rarely get used as I need something durable, unleaking, able to pop in my apron pocket while doing heavy work, easily slipped into my purse or purse pocket, will fit into my b o o b purse, and many more requirements..... hence almost exclusive use of REOs with various bottom fed RBAs.

That being said, DH is pretty dedicated slim tube mod user. He prefers the various VV eGos and Mini ViVi Nova tanks. They fit best in his overstuffed shirt pockets. Leaks are almost nonexistent. And he lays them down on table without leaks and air travels twice weekly with one in his shirt pocket with no leaks.

He's pretty hard on PVs with frequent drops, losing them in his recliner (it eats things) and sitting down or plopping down on them. And you can get anodized aluminum tubes but DH won't use those as he thinks he needs to see his juice. He has broken more eGo batteries from drops than the real Mini ViVi Nova tanks.

I keep one slim tube mod (Infinity Pro) loaded with a Mini ViVi Nova tank and several other tube mods with various other rebuildable tanks. Granted it MVN doesn't have the best taste of all but it puts out great amounts of vapor and it is the easiest to maintain and one of the more durable. If you want to recoil it it is one of the easiest to do.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Near Dallas Texas
    I'll add that I usually get all our ViVi Nova supplies from Gotvapes. They have been out of the Mini and most Nova parts for some time. Hoping they come in soon. I have a bunce of atty heads to rebuild but little time to do much of any messing with vaping stuff. About half the used screw on heads DH gives me to clean survive a boiling and dry burning but half are so far gone, by the time he gives them to me, they self destruct on dry burning. I'm a master dry burner but attys can only withstand so much and not all are equal as far as build and wire quality.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread