Looking to get a Mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallmeRage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2014
Queens,NY,USA
Not knowing how long you've been vaping or your background experience, might I suggest a little reading? http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-10-advancing-up-vaping-ladder-egos-mods.html
Baditude has several blogs that cover a lot of things about mech mods. Safety first!
Thank you for the concern :) i had a ecig then i skipped egos and went to a vamo v5. I have built my first dual coil at 1.6ohms on an igo l and run it with a aw imr 18650. Ive dont a ton of research and watched videos but if you guys dont think thats enough ill definitely read up more :)

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
Even more important than the mod the clone is based on is who made the clone. In some cases you will see hcigar xxxxx clone or some other maker. If the clone has no identifiable maker then the maker has nothing invested in a reputation. I have seen that a "solid copper" mod has turned out to be copper plated.

Named clones are not up to the quality of the real mod but if they say copper they probably are copper.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Thank you for the concern :) i had a ecig then i skipped egos and went to a vamo v5. I have built my first dual coil at 1.6ohms on an igo l and run it with a aw imr 18650. Ive dont a ton of research and watched videos but if you guys dont think thats enough ill definitely read up more :)

Make sure and read up on battery safety. It you don't own a DMM consider purchasing a volt meter so you don't over discharge your batteries. Know ohm's law and how it relates to everything you are doing regarding your builds, your battery, etc. Safe vaping!

CallmeRage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2014
Queens,NY,USA
Make sure and read up on battery safety. It you don't own a DMM consider purchasing a volt meter so you don't over discharge your batteries. Know ohm's law and how it relates to everything you are doing regarding your builds, your battery, etc. Safe vaping!
Ah yes batteries, i did a little research on them. I think ill be ok because im not going sub ohm. ill probably go to 1-1.1 minimum for now. Thanks everyone for your advice. Ill do a bit more research on mechs and ill hold off the purchase for another time :) Again big thanks to everyone.

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
Ah yes batteries, i did a little research on them. I think ill be ok because im not going sub ohm. ill probably go to 1-1.1 minimum for now. Thanks everyone for your advice. Ill do a bit more research on mechs and ill hold off the purchase for another time :) Again big thanks to everyone.

Baditude is the guru of batteries, mods and all things e-cig related. This will get you started: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected-icr.html
He has other blogs on batteries in the "Recent Blog Posts" on the righthand side of that page.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I'll add my vote for the Nemesis, got mine yesterday. It does have a bit of a learning curve out of the box though, and if you buy it from Vape Royalty DO NOT order their magnets with it, they are crap and far weaker than the springs that come in it. With their magnets you can sit it on it's button without an atty on it or battery in it and the button will push all the way in. Pretty lame magnets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread