Looking to curb a smoking friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubberbandLN6

Feb 17, 2009
Hi all!! First let me say to all of the veteran and great posters on the e-cig forum a very big thank you for their endless time and devotion to making this the site to go when looking for the perfect e-cig.

Also, let me clarify that I am not the one that is looking for the e-cig per say. I am a infrequent cigarillo smoker (if you know any great e-cigarillos, that would be great as well) who is seeking to help his friend who smokes a bit too many some may say. He has been smoking for the past 6 years and seems to really love his cigarette. Though recently, he has expressed real interest in the e-cig as he can appreciate any good piece of nerdy tech that could possibly change his life, for the better.

I offered to buy him his first e-cig just to get him on the right path and slowly ween him off the real things. But in my research, I did not expect to find so many different types, it eventually becomes overwhelming.

Though today we went to the mall and they had a little smokingeverywhere.com booth that seem to be infiltrating every mall across America. The salesperson was very nice and let him try a nicotine one, but my friend quickly dismissed it as fairly awful. The taste he said was very "astringent" and "chemically", the drag was far too hard and and the feel of the e-cig itself was very plasticy and made an odd whitle nose. It honestly looked like he was holding a whistle-toy.

But, the question I have for all you, is what do you recommend for my friend? Here are all his hit points for his Marlboro Lights that he smokes:

• smooth easy drag
  • nice nicotine kick, not something that will be too intense, just fairly mild
  • something that preferably tastes like Marlboro Lights, with as little "chemicalness" as possible
  • also he is not a deep-lung smoker as he tells me, if that makes a difference
  • something that produces a fairly good amount of smoke as well, not hookah crazy smoke, but like regular cigarette smoke
  • and e-cig that feels as un-plasticy as possible and looks like as much like a regular cigarette

Also, do you recommend a time period of how long he sticks with it before he can start cutting back on real cigarettes or stop entirely? Any experiences?

So do you guys (and gals) have any suggestions?? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated :D

Thank you VERY much!!

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Sounds like my sister, who so far only likes the super-minis (DSE103, RN4081, NPro, PeeWee, Never Light Again, etc.)

Taste depends on the cartridge/juice used, not the model of device. He might want ML taste, but once using is likely to prefer something else.

He'll decide whether and when to cut back or quit. Cut back and quit rates on this board are very very high and there are threads about it. We don't hear much from folks who aren't successful users.

Oh, and yeah, Smoking Everywhere are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread