Looking for my perfect box mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would stay away from the smok products. I have an M-50, and I really liked it, until recently. I haven't had it long and lately it started refusing to fire half the time. It would say check atomizer or weak battery and wouldn't do anything, and then just start working again. That's not as bad as its other issue it has developed. It will just fire on its own for no reason. Tonight I sat it down and walked away from it. When I came back to it a couple of minutes later it was firing the Atty. The display wasn't lit or anything, it was just firing. So I completly dismantled it, cleaned the board and the connectors and put it back together, and it is behaving for now.... But yeah these things are crap, stay away from them! I'm not the only one with these kinds of issues with smok either. I'm looking form something else myself right now, as this thing is a potential death trap...

Yup, the smok is officially off my list. I have it narrowed down to the IPV Mini 2 or the Sigelei 50W. I am looking at these 2 because of brand familiarity and reliability. The Sigelei is probably considered higher quality but costs $80 and is only 50W. The IPV Mini 2 offers more output power and is a smaller overall size and noticeably cheaper, but it also has more reliability issues.

GaG8tor

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
Acworth, Ga. United States
Mvp's are are built like tanks and extremely reliable. I have the 20 watt and have had zero issues. I get almost 3 days of solid vaping. Chain vaping a lot on my dripper. Only downside is it won't fire below 1ohm which is really not an issue for me. There's also the 30W which will fire down to .5. Super high wattages aren't really that important to me. Ruggedness and reliability are. I've also read that a lot of these higher wattage box mods will automatically drop voltage and wattage as the battery is depleted. The MVP does not do that.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Just to resurrect a dormant thread, I have, use constantly, and love my Sigelei 50W v2.
Great build quality, fires anything I've thrown at it, accurate over the battery charge, feels good in my hand, has a magnetic battery door.
I've only been vaping for 19 months but have had a number of devices and this coupled with my Kanger Mini Subtank running the rba deck is unbeatable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread