• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Looking for decently priced 1100mah EVOD kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
I'm looking for an EVOD starter kit but with two 1100mah batteries. Most of the kits I've seen only have 650mah batteries, which are going to be pretty useless for me, so I'll have to spend another £20 on two 1100mah batteries, meaning the kit would actually cost me money, not save me anything.

The only one I've found is from Uniqbuy for £29.99, although it's unbranded but maybe the vendor is more important but I don't know anything about them, so I wonder if anyone has used and would recommend them?
Supreme UniqBuy eVod 1100mah Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit

There's a very cheap double kit on e-bay for £18.99 but the listing feels a bit dodgy/unprofessional to me so I think I'll ignore that one but maybe someone braver might want to take a chance on it! 2 x BLACK Ego EVOD Electronic ego kits inc 2 x 1100mAh Rechargeable vapour pipe | eBay

Other than kits, the cheapest I found a single 1100mah EVOD battery, EVOD mt3 cartomizer and charger for was £10.99 Stainless Steel Ego T 1100mAh Evod MT3 Kit - NEXT DAY DISPATCH - Eshisha | eBay

I'd have to get another battery but I found a variable 1100mah one with extra charger for £10.99 eGo-T VV 1100 mAh Adjustable Voltage Battery Stick Pen E-Shisha in Bright Purple | eBay

or LCD non-variable for £8.99 Shisha eGo LCD Pen Battery | eBay

or plain non-variable, non-LCD for £7.99 EVOD Battery 1100mAh eGo Kanger Clearomizer 510 MT3, CE5, CE4, DCT | eBay

With 5 heads and a 2nd EVOD clearomizer costing about £10, I'd have a double 1100mah (one variable) kit with two chargers for £32 (£29 without variable battery) as opposed to £26.99-£29.99 for a ready-made double 650mah kit with a single charger but it's obviously not worth it if I'm going to get substandard goods.

Ideally I'd like variable LCD batteries but I didn't see many of those and the ones I'd did seemed vastly overpriced and the variable voltage is more important than the LCD at the end of the day.

chansen

Oct 15, 2013
Farnborough, UK
Shop around on FastTech. Just type in 'evod' in their search bar.

I know they take a lot of hits on the forums over 'poor' customer service, but I for one have never had a problem with them. If your uneasy dealing with the chinese or eBay vendors, you'll probably have to go to a local site or B&M shop. Cheap stuff comes at a cost... you can't have your cake and eat it ;)

Packages from FastTech to UK tend to take 2 weeks on average. You still have the relative safety of PayPal and refund policy.
If you want help or advice shopping there just drop me a PM.

Bracken

Oct 13, 2013
N.Ireland
Last edited:

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
FT is ok, done a few orders, one did take almost two months to get here, but that when various post offices got a bit crazy about batteries. If you need it in a hurry you're better off shopping locally. If you look for low prices check FT. If it doesn't say 'atuthetic' in the product description, it's most likely a clone.As Chansen said : cant' have the cake and eat it...

Compromis would be to check local forums for any open co-ops or initiate one yourself. Most vendors are willing to negotiate discounts for quantity orders...

chansen

Oct 15, 2013
Farnborough, UK
Just to add... in all fairness to FT, most of the problems with shipping are not FT's fault.
They do query the carriers, but often to no avail. Then its a bit hit-n-miss, when FT relay info back to the customer. A lot of people forget that western sarcasm or derogatory comments are not always interpreted by the chinese as intended.

Free Shipping in china means 'If it doesn't fit on this flight, ignore it' ;o)

Last edited:

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
I bought this Vape Escape Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit [VE151] - £34.95 : Vape Escape

Good batteries. Good starter kit. Vendor very good and quick delivery. Use code allabout for 10% off

Doesn't really strike me as a great deal as it doesn't even include any spare heads. I can get a Kangar EVOD 1000mah battery for £9.99 from myepack Kanger Evod 1000 Mah Battery - Batteries & Chargers so it would probably be better to get 2 of those, a charger, 2 clearomizers and some spare heads for not much more.

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
Shop around on FastTech. Just type in 'evod' in their search bar.

I know they take a lot of hits on the forums over 'poor' customer service, but I for one have never had a problem with them. If your uneasy dealing with the chinese or eBay vendors, you'll probably have to go to a local site or B&M shop. Cheap stuff comes at a cost... you can't have your cake and eat it ;)

Packages from FastTech to UK tend to take 2 weeks on average. You still have the relative safety of PayPal and refund policy.
If you want help or advice shopping there just drop me a PM.

I'm not particularly uneasy ordering from China or e-bay and have used both in the past for other stuff but if the "cost" in this case is the risk of dangerous batteries or other faults, then obviously that's not worth saving some money over.

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
FT is ok, done a few orders, one did take almost two months to get here, but that when various post offices got a bit crazy about batteries. If you need it in a hurry you're better off shopping locally. If you look for low prices check FT. If it doesn't say 'atuthetic' in the product description, it's most likely a clone.As Chansen said : cant' have the cake and eat it...

Compromis would be to check local forums for any open co-ops or initiate one yourself. Most vendors are willing to negotiate discounts for quantity orders...

Had a quick look at some FT listings and didn't see any that said "authentic" in the description. Of course, even if they did, it's no guarantee and I wouldn't be able to tell even once I'd received the goods (until they blow up in my face or something else goes wrong!).

chansen

Oct 15, 2013
Farnborough, UK
... if the "cost" in this case is the risk of dangerous batteries or other faults, then obviously that's not worth saving some money over.

I agree totally, but... I have yet to see stats comparing safety records of authentic evod/ego type batteries against clones. If there is one out there, of course I stand corrected and rest my case. A lot of local sites and some B&M shops sell the clones on a 'don't ask, don't tell' basis, so I hope you check with them before you part with your cash.

Personally, I have no problem buying the ego/evod batteries from china or eBay. Cloned atomizers quality can be a bit hit-n-miss, but so far I've been pretty lucky with them as well. I do stay away from 'OEM' e-liquids tho, but thats a bit off topic here ;)

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
I agree totally, but... I have yet to see stats comparing safety records of authentic evod/ego type batteries against clones. If there is one out there, of course I stand corrected and rest my case. A lot of local sites and some B&M shops sell the clones on a 'don't ask, don't tell' basis, so I hope you check with them before you part with your cash.

Personally, I have no problem buying the ego/evod batteries from china or eBay. Cloned atomizers quality can be a bit hit-n-miss, but so far I've been pretty lucky with them as well. I do stay away from 'OEM' e-liquids tho, but thats a bit off topic here ;)

Yeah, it may be that there's no difference in quality/safety between authentic and cloned batteries, I just don't know. I guess at least buying from a UK seller on e-bay they'd have more to worry about from selling dodgy/unsafe products than a chinese vendor, as I could report them to trading standards, etc and sue them if the battery blows my face off ;)

Considering what you've said, maybe I'll take a chance on some e-bay batteries and get the rest from somewhere like myepack.

I totally wouldn't touch 'OEM' liquids as you say though :)

Bracken

Oct 13, 2013
N.Ireland
Doesn't really strike me as a great deal as it doesn't even include any spare heads. I can get a Kangar EVOD 1000mah battery for £9.99 from myepack Kanger Evod 1000 Mah Battery - Batteries & Chargers so it would probably be better to get 2 of those, a charger, 2 clearomizers and some spare heads for not much more.

The Riva batteries IMO are better than the Evods (I have both) -but whatever works for you -just trying to help.

I can suggest you at least look at Zainys" web site.They are cheap,reliable,and honest.I've been dealing with them now for 8 months,and have placed 10 orders with them in that time,and have never had a problem!There is another site called VapoHawk,also Chinese,I've only had 1 order with them,but it arrived ok!The only thing that detracts from using a Chinese site is the length of delivery time that can sometimes happen,sometimes 10 days,sometimes up to 35 days.You pays your money,and takes your chance!!!

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
I can suggest you at least look at Zainys" web site.They are cheap,reliable,and honest.I've been dealing with them now for 8 months,and have placed 10 orders with them in that time,and have never had a problem!There is another site called VapoHawk,also Chinese,I've only had 1 order with them,but it arrived ok!The only thing that detracts from using a Chinese site is the length of delivery time that can sometimes happen,sometimes 10 days,sometimes up to 35 days.You pays your money,and takes your chance!!!

Thanks, yeah I'll take a look. The delays can be a pain but I can wait.

It just gets a bit confusing with some sites describing clearomizers as atomizers and I'm not sure which batteries are definitely compatible with EVOD clearomizers (I know I want to get glass ones) and some of the UK sites are a bit clearer about things like that.

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
The Riva batteries IMO are better than the Evods (I have both) -but whatever works for you -just trying to help.

Yeah, just trying to keep it simple as I've never heard of Riva and don't know what it's compatible with but as I said, it doesn't appear to be a great deal compared to buying the parts separately.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Firstly, buying off ebay is almost certainly a risk. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay.

Are you already vaping, do you have any sort of kit already?

I'm sure myepack could do a kit for you with 2 x 1000 batteries rather than 2 x 650.

Or, another idea would be to choose an existing "kit" from them and add items to suit your needs. The 650mAh battery in the mini protank kit is very good. If you bought that, you'd get the charger and extra heads etc. Then, you could add 1 x 1000 battery on top.

Please don't buy off ebay. Buy cheap, buy twice. For batteries it is never worth it.

Ask Chrissie. She knows the deal.

Personally, I'd get the £29 double kit from myepack + a £9.99 evod 1000.

I use 350, 650, 1100 and 1300 batteries + 4 mods. A kit with 2 x 650s is perfectly good enough. If it works out annoying, then buy something else to go with it. This is what long-term vaping is like. You always need back-ups, you can never have enough stuff.

Good luck. :)

(Oh, and everything on ebay is cloned Kanger stuff anyway which is mostly not even going to work properly)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Yeah, just trying to keep it simple as I've never heard of Riva and don't know what it's compatible with but as I said, it doesn't appear to be a great deal compared to buying the parts separately.

OK, so now we are getting into difficult territory. :)

If I had to choose a Riva 1100 or an evod (Kanger) in 1100, the Riva would win.

Like Bracken, I have both too. Very little in it though.

Bracken

Oct 13, 2013
N.Ireland

RIVA is compatible with all EGO/510 threads. Starter pack is suitable for a beginner (as everything is included in one pack) -and I would recommend as such.

But if I was you, knowing what I know now, I would buy a Spinner & or Pro-tank mini kit from myepack, a few iclear16 clearomisers as well, with spare heads, and either a Riva or Evod battery as back-up.

Then down the line go full steam ahead and get a MOD

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
Firstly, buying off ebay is almost certainly a risk. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay.

Are you already vaping, do you have any sort of kit already?

I'm sure myepack could do a kit for you with 2 x 1000 batteries rather than 2 x 650.

Or, another idea would be to choose an existing "kit" from them and add items to suit your needs. The 650mAh battery in the mini protank kit is very good. If you bought that, you'd get the charger and extra heads etc. Then, you could add 1 x 1000 battery on top.

Please don't buy off ebay. Buy cheap, buy twice. For batteries it is never worth it.

Ask Chrissie. She knows the deal.

Personally, I'd get the £29 double kit from myepack + a £9.99 evod 1000.

I use 350, 650, 1100 and 1300 batteries + 4 mods. A kit with 2 x 650s is perfectly good enough. If it works out annoying, then buy something else to go with it. This is what long-term vaping is like. You always need back-ups, you can never have enough stuff.

Good luck. :)

(Oh, and everything on ebay is cloned Kanger stuff anyway which is mostly not even going to work properly)

I am a bit nervous about buying off e-bay but then again half the stuff is probably from the same source as the Chinese vendors, which some poeple have said is fine and at least buying off a UK vendor on e-bay I'd get a bit more protection in case of problems.

I'm just getting started with vaping so don't have any kit yet. It just doesn't seem worth spending money on a kit with 650mah batteries, which I've been told will last about 6 hours, so twelve hours from two and the 1100mah/11 hour batteries seem far more sensible, so knowing that the 650mah are likely to be impractical/annoying, it seems daft to waste money on them, even in a kit as they're obviously not given away for free.

So I'd be spending £29 on the myepack kit and then another £20 on two 1100mah batteries and I think I could get a better setup for less than £49 by ignoring the kit. It might be worth e-mailing them to see whether they can do a decently priced 1100mah kit though.

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
RIVA is compatible with all EGO/510 threads. Starter pack is suitable for a beginner (as everything is included in one pack) -and I would recommend as such.

But if I was you, knowing what I know now, I would buy a Spinner & or Pro-tank mini kit from myepack, a few iclear16 clearomisers as well, with spare heads, and either a Riva or Evod battery as back-up.

Then down the line go full steam ahead and get a MOD

See that's what I'm here for, to learn from other people's experiences and avoid wasting money on stuff that I'll end up getting annoyed with and then have to spend more money replacing with something else ;)

Now I don't see a Spinner kit on myepack but the mini protank kit for £19.99 includes

Pyrex Glass Tank , 1.5ml Capacity Ego Threading
All Parts are replaceable
1 x Stainless Steel 650 mah Evod Battery
5 x Spare Coil Heads 2.2ohm
1 x USB charger

So that's all fine except for the 650mah battery. I assume the iclear16 clearomisers replace the pyrex glass tank (it's not specified that the iclear 16 clearomisers are glass, so can you confirm that?) and the heads come in 1.5ohm or 2.1ohm, which I have no idea what difference that makes but as the ones with the kit are 2.2ohm I assume I'd need the 2.1ohm?

I'd still need to buy two 1100mah batteries , which would be £20 or £30 for variable ones, plus a single iclear16 clearomiser would be £3.49, so I'm looking at £43-53 in total.

If I buy separate parts it looks like this:
Evod Twist 1000 mah Battery £14.99 *2 £29.98
Fast Ego USB Charger £3.49
iclear 16 clearomizer £3.49 *2 £6.98
iclear 16 heads 1.5ohm or 2.1ohm *5 £7
Total: £47.45

So that's about £6 less for a setup with two variable 1000mah batteries. I don't get the 650mah battery this way but I don't want it anyway. I also don't get the mini pro-tank v2, which sells for £9.99 separately but if I've understood what you suggested correctly, if I bought the kit I'd only be using this initially and then switching to the iclear 16's once it wore out, so if the latter are adequate it doesn't seem worth spending extra to get the pro-tank to use initially.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood anything though :)

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
OK, so now we are getting into difficult territory. :)

If I had to choose a Riva 1100 or an evod (Kanger) in 1100, the Riva would win.

Like Bracken, I have both too. Very little in it though.

OK, if there's not much in it I guess I'll be guided by price, so if the EVOD is significantly cheaper I'll get that but if it's only £1 difference I'll get the Riva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread