Looking for a sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirVapure

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Belmont, N.C.
I am looking for a sweet maple syrup flavoring. Let me start off by saying that my all day vape going on about 3 years now has been STL Gooey Butter Cake. It is different than all the gooey butter cake liquids I've ever had, most notably the maple syrup taste it has to it. I have made many delicious liquids but I am trying to add that sweet maple syrup taste, like Mrs butters worth. I have tried TFA Maple, Capella pancake syrup, and loranns maple. I've never been able to get a sweet maple syrup out of any of them, its always a mild natural maple taste. Basically does anyone have any suggestions or know of any flavorings that have the sweet maple syrup taste? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I have tried TFA Maple, Capella pancake syrup, and loranns maple. I've never been able to get a sweet maple syrup out of any of them, its always a mild natural maple taste.

You know that TFA has a Maple and a Maple Syrup flavor? The Maple Syrup one is sweeter. FlavourArt also makes a Maple Syrup, stronger than both of TFA's, though not sweeter. I think FlavourArt's is very good on its own; sometimes I add a little caramel to make it even sweeter. I have a crazy sweet tooth from time to time.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I've never tried STL Gooey Butter Cake, but it sounds delicious:p

I've been getting away from using any PG -based flavors, so I recently bought organic Nature's Flavors Maple and when I opened the bottle I thought I smelled the pancake syrup that's in my kitchen cupboard! Now that you mention it, Mrs. Butterworth's comes to mind lol.

I wasn't looking for a pancake syrup, but rather wanted to add some maple flavor to my tobacco DIY experiments for a change up. I also got their Brown Sugar and it is sweet. Now that I've seen your post I'm going to go mix the two in a separate bottle without tobacco flavor and see if the brown sugar makes the Maple even sweeter! (BTW, I use 100% VG nic which is a bit sweet to begin with... so YMMV.)

SirVapure

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Belmont, N.C.
You know that TFA has a Maple and a Maple Syrup flavor? The Maple Syrup one is sweeter. FlavourArt also makes a Maple Syrup, stronger than both of TFA's, though not sweeter. I think FlavourArt's is very good on its own; sometimes I add a little caramel to make it even sweeter. I have a crazy sweet tooth from time to time.

Yea I placed and order for the TFA maple syrup and FA maple syrup so hopefully one of them hits the spot. Ive never had so much trouble getting a flavor to work!

I've never tried STL Gooey Butter Cake, but it sounds delicious:p

I've been getting away from using any PG -based flavors, so I recently bought organic Nature's Flavors Maple and when I opened the bottle I thought I smelled the pancake syrup that's in my kitchen cupboard! Now that you mention it, Mrs. Butterworth's comes to mind lol.

I wasn't looking for a pancake syrup, but rather wanted to add some maple flavor to my tobacco DIY experiments for a change up. I also got their Brown Sugar and it is sweet. Now that I've seen your post I'm going to go mix the two in a separate bottle without tobacco flavor and see if the brown sugar makes the Maple even sweeter! (BTW, I use 100% VG nic which is a bit sweet to begin with... so YMMV.)

ill have to give them a try, I am crazy about maple syrup, its what gives the STL gooey butter cake its sweet edge

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Darn, now you all have me drooling for something I've never had! (The actual cake or vape but I want them both, now!:p)

I did that when I first heard about gooey butter cake. If you look for recipes online, don't, for all that is good and holy, make Paula Dean's (pre-diabetic) Gooey butter cake recipe. It's like biting into a stick of butter that's been sugared. OMG.
sick2.gif

I made the vape recipe that's around here somewhere..Str8vaping maybe? I'm not spelling that right. It's good but it's got a cinnamon-y thing going on with the Horchata.

SirVapure

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Belmont, N.C.
I did that when I first heard about gooey butter cake. If you look for recipes online, don't, for all that is good and holy, make Paula Dean's (pre-diabetic) Gooey butter cake recipe. It's like biting into a stick of butter that's been sugared. OMG.
sick2.gif

I made the vape recipe that's around here somewhere..Str8vaping maybe? I'm not spelling that right. It's good but it's got a cinnamon-y thing going on with the Horchata.

I made str8vaping gooey butter cake and it was pretty good, a little heavy on vanilla for my taste, but good. If you haven't had STL gooey butter cake from vapealiciousjuice.com i highly recommend it. I almost would sell my soul to know how they get the perfect sweet maple in it

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
sick2.gif

lol Glass, thanks for the heads up about sugared butter!:) However, back when I first started DIY I saw wonderful looking recipes and ordered tons of Caps and TPA 's pg-based flavors and ended up finding out it was the PG based stuff that gave me horrible adverse reactions... long story short ~sigh~

Years ago when I first vaped I had a tasty maple liquid from Vermont Vapor...It appears they sell vials of just the maple flavoring (the premade juice is a tobacco blend with maple)...this is an unusual source, but if nothing else works it might be a possibility!
SueandCootie, I looked that one up and see it's 100% PG-free! Thanks! bookmarked for future reference:)

I made str8vaping gooey butter cake and it was pretty good, a little heavy on vanilla for my taste, but good. If you haven't had STL gooey butter cake from vapealiciousjuice.com i highly recommend it. I almost would sell my soul to know how they get the perfect sweet maple in it

Thanks but the PG content makes me not even want to go there:(

However, for the past hour or so, I've been vaping with my Maple, Cake Batter and Brown Sugar mix, yum!:p I'll add butter flavor as soon as my newest order arrives and might just have something quite nice going on:) I think I'll look into adding some cream cheese flavoring too!

This thread was an awesome find SirVapure, thanks!:)

Last edited:

SirVapure

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Belmont, N.C.
However, for the past hour or so, I've been vaping with my Maple, Cake Batter and Brown Sugar mix, yum!:p I'll add butter flavor as soon as my newest order arrives and might just have something quite nice going on:) I think I'll look into adding some cream cheese flavoring too!

This thread was an awesome find SirVapure, thanks!:)[/QUOTE]

that sounds really good. I just got my TFA maple syrup in today and I tasted i drop of it and it may be what ive been looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread