Looking for 6v batteries for SB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posidon

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I know, I know its been beaten to death. I've gone through the last 5 pages threads on the Altsmoke subforum and I'm looking at these batteries, RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4, but they all link to batter junction who recently had a fire.

I got rcr123a batteries from madvapes and they seem to be too big for 6v. I can't screw the SB together when I put these batteries in. I got some of their 18650s for 3.7 volts and they work just fine.
Protected 16340/RCR123A 3.0 V Lithium Ion Battery

I'm wondering what other reputable retailers everyone uses to purchase these batteries.

Thanks everyone.

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
Whats the difference in - Tenergy RCR123A 3.0v 900mAh and Tenergy RCR123A 3.0v 750mAh LiFePO4 - The 900 mAH arent LiFeP04 ?

900mAh is a protected Li-Ion and 750mAh is an unprotected Lifepo4 which is a safer chemistry that doesn't require protection (or so they say at least). The tenergy and AW have different mAh ratings, but honestly I bet they are exactly the same. AW just uses the constant drain mAh rating rather than the peak mAh.

Last edited:

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
I'm using those Tenergy 900 mAh CR123a's from batteryjunction.com. They last the entire evening on my SB. Battery Junction had a fire that pretty much destroyed their operation a few months ago, but zipped my order the same day they got back on their feet. (I wonder if it was a batch of unprotected CR2's that started the fire:evil: )

Anyway, I read in another forum that a fellow suffered a serious burn using those yellow LiFePO4 batteries, so that sorta convinced me to go with the blue Tenergy 900 models. They work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread