Not open for further replies.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
will do
according to mod builder, it's shipping tomorrow for a friday delivery!
apparently there is the option of using magnets or screws on the lid. I chose screws.
Tough call I would probably go with the magnets. That sounds like some speedy shipping.

Must not purchase....must not purchase! The wife needs new tires...arghh!
lol not my normal response but yeah you might want to go with the tires.

ycromo

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
Menlo Park, CA, USA
ok. got it last Saturday.
Nucleus is not a catchy name. not sure how sales are going, but this is a quality box.

if tl’dr, the final status is, that I’m happy with the mod.
if you want the long version continue.

when I got the mod I was so frustrated. like a kid on xmas morning that gets the wrong present.

too big and the teal color in the web site looks blue. was expecting more blue and a size in line with a ipv3 or sigelei or vapor flask.

my first thought was, why did I spend 200+ on this!

and I did see the pics on the web site. there’s a pic with a hand, so I should have gotten the scale.
the color is a bit misleading due to lighting, but description did say “teal”. still not thrilled. expecting electric blue, instead got teal. as ordered :)

still, size wise, I felt like I ordered a honda s2000 and instead got a rolls Royce. in the wrong color

fast forward a week. I had no clue; I NEEDED this mod. this size.

this is the perfect size to have at home. at a poker game with friends while sipping whiskey.

it will not tumble, it will not fall, it fires like a champ. it feels like a champ. it is a very sensual tactile experience.

ergonomics, I do find myself using the thumb to fire though. which hides the screen if you are a righty.

size. it is big! but it is a distinguishing quality that elevates it above the sigeleis and ipv3, and all the boxes around. it's a good complement to a more portable box for your commute.
quality: short of a board failure, this will be working long after the user is gone. and even then, it would be easy to replace the board, since there is so much free space inside.
the spring 510 connector is great. the firing switch is magnificent to the touch.

the screws are huge. good move to offer magnets as an option. I’m actually using a powered Philips screwdriver on mine.

colors: the pics on the site are not very good due to lighting. they look cool but the colors in real life look different. at least the teal. although it looks great with copper attys.

there’s enough space inside to hold 4x 18650. why not have a parallel/series setup?! or a 26650? there’s so much space.

size: maybe make it 1/2 inch less tall?

anyway, bottom line, this was money well spent and I’m very, very happy.

pics: with mutant x2, derringer :) , zephyr Buddha (a 28 1/2 mm top), and hana modz v4d with a kayfun undead for scale
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender2.jpg
FullSizeRender3.jpg
FullSizeRender4.jpg

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Awesome feedback ycromo, I just went to bump this post and ask you to spill the beans and then your post was at the bottom lol.

I had heard about its size recently when I was talking to another guy that ordered one and he said despite its size it is a well built mod that could probably take being run over by a truck and still keep on ticking and was definitely worth buying and also mentioned based on build quality that it would probably outlast most other mods.

My impressions so far based off of the feedback from owners like yourself is that it is a larger mod that is really well built and the build quality is above the rest. I have heard zero issues so far with the floating 510 and that it fires everything. The chip is obviously a quality YiHi chip. Good to know about some variation in the color. In your pic it looks green. Of course colored aluminum will have color variations. Sounds like the screws used are far from those tiny easy to lose screws but magnets seem like a smart move and I am pleased to hear that it is now an option.

The size and extra room in the mod is interesting and seeing how this was the first version it will be interesting to see what direction a v2 will go. From what I can gather it could have easily been a dual 26650 mod so I am curious if a v2 will go that route, or would it slim down. Either way I am really interested in obtaining the v1 lol

Thank you for the feedback and the pics. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences with the mod as you put it through its paces and so far the little feedback I have been able to get it all has been really consistent and has me wanting to pull the trigger even more.

Compared to the American built Hana you have there does it feel significantly more solid in the shell?

Oh another thing the other guy I was talking with had a teal as well and did not mention anything about the color being off so I will ask him about that.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've had my MHM for a little over 2 weeks. I agree completely with ycromo. I couldn't express my feelings any better. I looked at this mod and corresponded with the owner Jordan for over a month before I decided to pull the trigger. He is a great guy obviously set on providing great customer service and a well made American built product. He was always ready to answer all my questions in a timely manner. It is large but extremely well made. Certainly not a mod you would put in your pocket but a great around the home mod. You won't knock it over like so many of the smaller Hana style mods. I've got several dna30 mods and the sx350 chip being used is so much better. If you're looking for a mod that's built like a tank, is backed up with great CS and don't mind the larger size I would highly recommend buying it. I'm already looking forward to what they do for the version 2. :D

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
another pic:
View attachment 404379

The Hana feels delicate to hold.
i'd imagine that the hana feels like a pearl handled gun, and the mile high like Dirty Harry's .44 :)

other side:
View attachment 404380

BTW just like Hana, the mile high is also american built

one more thing: in a bar fight, this mod will give you the upper hand :D

The mod looks blue in theses pics and it looks great. The MHM looks very solid and I figured it felt quite a bit different than the
hana and looks like it would dent a skull in a bar fight lol.

I've had my MHM for a little over 2 weeks. I agree completely with ycromo. I couldn't express my feelings any better. I looked at this mod and corresponded with the owner Jordan for over a month before I decided to pull the trigger. He is a great guy obviously set on providing great customer service and a well made American built product. He was always ready to answer all my questions in a timely manner. It is large but extremely well made. Certainly not a mod you would put in your pocket but a great around the home mod. You won't knock it over like so many of the smaller Hana style mods. I've got several dna30 mods and the sx350 chip being used is so much better. If you're looking for a mod that's built like a tank, is backed up with great CS and don't mind the larger size I would highly recommend buying it. I'm already looking forward to what they do for the version 2. :D
Excellent CS goes a long way with me, if more vendors and manufacturers focused on it they could find some pretty loyal customers. Your experience with MHM sounds like a great experience. Glad to hear that they are easy to approach when making purchasing plans having a mod maker approachable is a great thing imo.

v2: 4x batteries serial/parallel, no screws, or magnets, use some kind of latch/slide system instead or usb charging. that would be my wishlist.
If I had any input for a v2 I would want to see a dual batt sled and a slightly smaller.

Really like the radius curved side. Gives it a really good feel in the hand. Makes up for the large size:D

Yes the rounded edge is very appealing for the comfort. One of the reasons I like the look of the Zero so much.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Mother of god! I was seriously looking into this and periodically checking back on his FB page... but that is HUGE! lol

Would someone please post an interior shot!? Id like to see what's taking up all of that space or if they left it empty for some reason. This box in a Hana height would have been much, much nicer imho.

This... with a DNA 40... shorter... 26650... epic.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I had to pick the Nucleus up after speaking to other owners, they all mention how solid the mod is and how once it is in your hands you can really appreciate the mod. I have to agree. The Nucleus is a larger mod but it is very comfortable in my hand. I also really like the size of the 510 cutout as larger attys will fit on this mod without giving it an odd look.This is the magnetic version and they are strong magnets. I am very happy with this mod and with the build quality that Mile High Mods have put out. The SX350 chip is awesome and delivers a great consistent vaping experience. Overall very happy with this one and with the exception of chip failure I foresee the MHM performing for a long time.

Here are some first impression pics that show the detail in the packaging and the mod itself.

20150124_184756 (1024x576).jpg 20150124_184817 (1024x576).jpg 20150124_184848 (1024x576).jpg 20150124_185315 (576x1024).jpg 20150124_185816 (576x1024).jpg

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Mother of god! I was seriously looking into this and periodically checking back on his FB page... but that is HUGE! lol

Would someone please post an interior shot!? Id like to see what's taking up all of that space or if they left it empty for some reason. This box in a Hana height would have been much, much nicer imho.

This... with a DNA 40... shorter... 26650... epic.

If you were on the fence on the MHM right now there is a 30 dollar off code Vaper4Life to use at checkout.

Here is the inside pic you were asking for. 20150124_185801 (576x1024).jpg

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
FC I'm very glad you like the mod. See you went with the green. I was torn on color and went with the gunmetal which has a bluish cast to it. Really like the GM color but I almost got the green ;) it is large but that really isn't bothering me. It's built like a tank!! :2cool:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
FC I'm very glad you like the mod. See you went with the green. I was torn on color and went with the gunmetal which has a bluish cast to it. Really like the GM color but I almost got the green ;) it is large but that really isn't bothering me. It's built like a tank!! :2cool:

Yeah the green is pretty sweet the other color I was considering was the clear. The size is not an issue to me as the mod fits very comfortably in my hand and just feels right. The Nucleus is rock solid, all the wiring inside is nicely done there was obvious attention to detail done when this mod was made. Awesome mod to add to any collection imo.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah Jordan almost convinced me to get the clear. The majority of my my mods have some version of a gunmetal finish. :D a Just like the look. MHM gunmetal has a noticeable bluish cast to it but it's a color that I like even more than I thought. Attention to detail is what they were going for and it's one of my determining factors in getting this mod. Lots of great attributes! This is my first SX350 chip. There will be more! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread