"Long" telescoping tube for SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am one of the many wo ordered the "express kit" SVD mod from fasttech. Great price, but comes with "short" tube only.

The mod is geuine, and I really enjoy it, but I'm looking for the "long" tube, to complete the set.

I generally use it with 1 18650 battery, and the "short" tube is JUST long enough to work, but the "long" tube will look much better, in my opinion.

Innokin sells them, directly, for $4/piece, but requires a minimum order of 100 pieces.

Any 'practical' sugestions where/how to order one of these?

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
I bought a long tube and I don't like it
I still vape with the short tube , just feels right. I hope to see an SVD non telescopic.
Let's face it Telescopic is convenient at first but how many of you stray from 18650 after a while?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

I have to agree with you regarding a non-telescopic model. The fact it is telescopic is the ONE thing I personally do NOT like about the SVD...and the reason I keep thinking about getting a Vamo v3.

If I got a Vamo v3, the first thing I would do with it is cover it with a wrap, as I dislike the ribs in it (and I really like the button/function layout of the SVD), but it IS more compact, offers allthe same functions, has the OLED screen, and is NOT Telescopic.

That said, I generally run my SVD @ 5.5v with my 2.1 ohm iClear30s, so have been considering trying a dual-battery configuration. What would be the pros & cons of doing so? (SVD IS rated for dual-batteries.)

Finally, WHERE/HOW did you purchase your long tube?

Thanks!

Looking at the picture I think this is the short tube, can't find the long one anywhere
Innokin iTaste SVD Telescopic Tube Set
Innokin iTaste SVD Spare Parts - Innokin iTaste SVD Telescopic Tube Set

I guess you could contact the 2 above sites and ask them if they can get you a long version tube...worth a shot....

Thanks for the leads. I have messaged both, and I'll let you know the outcome.

I have a local vendor, VaporLabz, who just recently opened a store front, and is hoping to 'eventually' stock the long tubes, but as a new establishment in a highly-competitive market (Pensacola, FL is currently a happening place for vaping), this is not among thier first priorities.

I will take the opportunity to give them KUDOS for being exceptionally pleasant and helpful (Go Tracy & Katie!), as well as for producing several of my favorite juices, to date (hazelnut cream, kiwi strawberry, strawberries and cream, and blue razz). (The blue razz is an occaisional vape to me, certainly not an all-day, but I love it, when the mood strikes me.)

Thanks, again!

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
I got the long tube from a private sale.
I AFTER reading how crappy the Vamo's are built I sincerely pass on them. The center pin is prone to pushing from longer attys,
they start peeling and the Ego/510 threads
are not Stainless steel like SVD so they will eventually strip. No thanks!

So....

I tried both sites suggested by MAKA. (Thank you, again!)

Only one has even bothered to respond to my query, and that response was basicly to try to tell me what can be done with the short tube (why the long tube is unnecessary) and that they don't carry the long tube.

I still really want a long tube, but CERTAINLY do NOT want 100 of them for a total of $400 (the only way to order them from Innokin). LOL

So far, still no luck finding them elsewhere.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I got the V2, the SVD, batts, vivi novas etc from FT - I was a strong supporter of FT- I really am not sure of their products are genuine. They are good products. Except the fact the V2's fire button takes 5 seconds to fire - within 3 weeks of use for which I have requested a replacement. FT has sent me an email to first find out and tell them how much it will cost then they will issue the RMA # - that dont make sense. And the SVD which after 6 weeks of use - fire button works fine but no click sound. Live n learn.......

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
jackson32503, the Vamo V3 aren't all made with ribs on. That's an option, if you look around a bit :p .
I've had a SS Vamo since they came out, nearly a year ago and I vape it CONSTANTLY, so it's not a crappy build. But if you do decide on one, get a stainless steel model, as the chromed ones are heavy, and my first chromed one was used enough to get it down to the brass in places. Not very thick chroming, I presume :2c: .
Saying that, I've just bought, but not yet received, a Zmax telescopic, mainly because I like the telescopic idea, after buying a mechanical KTS+, for the "in case..." situations, and for driving, as it's small. It's also pretty, in brass & SS ;)
The electronics, as far as i know, are the same in the Zmax, SVD etc., as those in the Vamo, the V3 included I hope.
I only hope I don't regret not having bought a Vamo V3, but the Zmax :blink:
I do have 7 days to send it back, but the post risks to cost the same as a Vamo :)

They have non-ribbed Vamo V5 (don't know what on earth a V5 is though???) at fairy-gifts too, by the way. ;)

Last edited:

steel bender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Sturgeon Bay, WI, USA
I bought a long tube and I don't like it
I still vape with the short tube , just feels right. I hope to see an SVD non telescopic.
Let's face it Telescopic is convenient at first but how many of you stray from 18650 after a while?

So if you have the long tube and don't like it, would you be willing to give it up, or maybe trade something for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread